Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2005, 05:38 AM   #1
TMM
Mouseketeer

Runners for 1/2/Full Marathon in January 2006

Hi!

I was just wondering if there is a plan for some of the runners to meet up at some point. My husband and I are flying in from England and would love to meet others either before or after the runs.

Does Disney plan some sort of after celebration as well?

Also, where are all of you staying? We are spending 4 nights at WL and then 4 nights at AKL.

Hope to meet sonme of youin Jan!

Marriott Village d'Ile-de-France - April 4 - 11, 2008
Me 36 DH 41 DS 5

Polynesian - August 18 - 27, 2006
Me 35 DH 39 DSD 14 DSD 14 DS 3

Wilderness Lodge/Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge - January 4 -12, 2006
Me 35 DH 39
TMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 05:55 AM   #2
TiffJ
DIS Veteran

Hi Tonya! Yes, the WISH boarders are planning on meeting for dinner at Trails End on Friday night. It will be at 4:30 so those of us doing the 1/2 on Sat. can get to bed early enough. There is a thread on this somewhere. Search on "marathon" and it should come up.

Also, join us for on our weekly training thread. It's great support for your successes as well as those not so great training stories. I have yet to actually meet anyone, but they are a great group of people. Also a good place to ask questions.

One of the things I am most excited about is meeting other Diser's. Maybe we can meet up. I am staying at the WL too. I am doing the 1/2 on Sat. We arrive 1/3 and leave 1/8. It will be me, DH, DS8, DS4 and my parents (my mom is doing the 1/2 with me)

Good luck with your training!
TiffJ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2005, 01:16 PM   #3
agotta
WISH Biggest Loser/Red Team
aka Mrs. DVDGuy
Once, at a bar.. Ummmm, I danced in a cage....

Hi!! Dh is running the 1/2 and I am running the 5K. We arrive on 01/05 and are at VWL for the first night and then off to POP for the rest. We are staying until the 11th. Not planning on the meal at Trail's End, we will head to EPCOT for a few hours for dinner and off to be early!! We are going to Pepper Market on Thursday night. Dh wants his carb load 2 nights before.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:39 AM   #4
Tiger Lily 03
Famous for my Potato Salad
Not nekid anymore ;-)
Flashed through and scooped up some beads in NawwwwLins

DISboards Moderator

As things start to get close, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in trading cell #'s.

I'd be interested in hooking up at the last minute for a breakfast or meeting up for a bit at one of the parks if someone might have the time.

Send me a PM. I's get ya my numbers.
Tiger Lily 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 07:22 PM   #5
Lisa loves Pooh
DIS Veteran

I PM'd you Lily!

And yes--please come join us at Trails End. I am sure by our dinner--most everyone will know their corral placements and then you can coordinate a spot in the corral (like Front left, front right, back left, back right corners). We do this for Team in Training and the obvious positioning works like a charm. I am sure details can be worked at our dinner. Until we know corral placements--it is really tough to plan any linking up during the race.

Also--you really want to be with someone who is your pace. Linking up will make pre-race festivities quite fun....but noone should worry once the race starts about trying to keep up with another person or being held back by another. Your actual run or walking plan that you trained for should be followed.

Last edited by Lisa loves Pooh; 12-22-2005 at 07:28 PM.
Lisa loves Pooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 08:37 AM   #6
Tiger Lily 03
Famous for my Potato Salad
Not nekid anymore ;-)
Flashed through and scooped up some beads in NawwwwLins

DISboards Moderator

...and, don't forget that we can meet up after the race at the "W" (for WISH) gathering place. I will look for whoever will stay when I come through the line.
Tiger Lily 03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: