Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2005, 05:28 PM   #1
Codie
DIS Veteran

Ongoing Wedding/Honeymoon Trip Log with Pics

Hi all We are back and back to real life...I plan on posting a trip log...it might take me a while as I will need to do it in pieces. Work is crazy after being gone for two weeks! The wedding was incredible and I just think that Disney FTW is actually a value rather than expensive--now that I've been through it!!!! There were a few things that weren't just right--but I have to tell you that I wasn't going to fret over it Everything was just toooooooo wonderful to fret over little things...
Randy was awesome and put some of our pictures on his website...you can find them here:
http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/...event=0CQ70007

I promise I will do my trip log as quickly as possible...but I want it to be good

8 times before 1995, but too young to remember exact dates and hotels--always on property; May 1995--International Drive; May 1996--Wilderness Lodge; May 1998--Offsite RCI; September 1998--Port Orleans; January 1999--Disney's Boardwalk Villas--first DVC trip for one night!; May 1999--Port Orleans and Disney Cruise!; October 1999--Boardwalk Villas; March 2000--Old Key West; February 2001--Old Key West; March 2002--Old Key West; August 2002--Beach Club Villas--post-bar relief; March 2003--Wilderness Villas; August 2003--Beach Club Villas; May 2004--Beach Club Villas; March 2005--Boardwalk Villas (FTW Site Planning Session); May 2005--Wilderness Villas (FTW Wedding Planning Session); September 2005--Boardwalk/BeachClub Villas (FTW Wedding and Honeymoon WP/ADH); January 2006 (two trips)--AKL and BWV; February 2006--Saratoga Springs; August/September 2006 (Honeymoon #2)--Riverside and BCV, and on and on

Wedding and Honeymoon Trip Log can be found at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=910748

Last edited by Codie; 05-27-2006 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Made title more appropriate
Codie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 05:32 PM   #2
Luvndisney
Mouseketeer - Have a Magical Day!

beautiful pictures!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2005, 05:37 PM   #3
FutureAshleyDukes
DIS Veteran
Hot dog, I love that weenie man!

Your pictures are amazing! I love the door knob decoration, that is SUCH a cute idea.
FutureAshleyDukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 07:02 PM   #4
cattjer
Earning My Ears

You looked great and congrats!!!

Jeremy and Cathy [br]
cattjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 07:29 PM   #5
EvilinaDM101
I LOVE Disney, Lilo and Stitch, Depeche Mode and my VW New Beetle!!

Talking Beautiful Pictures Codie!!!!

Thanks for sharing such a beautiful day!! Can't wait to read your report! Also you and your new hubby are TOO CUTE!!

Shonnel
Old 09-13-2005, 07:55 PM   #6
fmdelano
Earning My Ears

I love your doorhanger!! And I love your shoes, what brand are they and where did you get them? I have been looking for shoes so that I can do my fitting, and you just can't really find good ivory or white shoes right now!!

Congratulations!!

Disney Wedding June 5, 2006
Wedding Pavilion
Living Seas
Illuminations Dessert Party UK Lower Terrace

fmdelano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 08:37 PM   #7
hmgolden
Disney Bride June 25, 2004

DISboards Moderator

Welcome back! Congratulations! Your pictures are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:40 PM   #8
Codie
DIS Veteran

Future Ashley Dukes --The door knob hangers were great fun and all my guests loved them, they hung them on the door so everyone knew where everyone was easily!

fmdelano--I love my shoes too--thank you for noticing them!!! I was afraid they would hurt but I wore them to all my showers to break them in and they were fine. I got them at DSW, I believe they are PRIMO brand? maybe you could find them online--I'll try to remember to check the style number at some point soon.

CORRECTION--the shoes are IMPO brand...Here's allt he info off the box,
NEW LITE
Leather/Rhinestone
White/Clear
4016697-7.5M
sku: 6 32576 66390 9

Hope that helps!

8 times before 1995, but too young to remember exact dates and hotels--always on property; May 1995--International Drive; May 1996--Wilderness Lodge; May 1998--Offsite RCI; September 1998--Port Orleans; January 1999--Disney's Boardwalk Villas--first DVC trip for one night!; May 1999--Port Orleans and Disney Cruise!; October 1999--Boardwalk Villas; March 2000--Old Key West; February 2001--Old Key West; March 2002--Old Key West; August 2002--Beach Club Villas--post-bar relief; March 2003--Wilderness Villas; August 2003--Beach Club Villas; May 2004--Beach Club Villas; March 2005--Boardwalk Villas (FTW Site Planning Session); May 2005--Wilderness Villas (FTW Wedding Planning Session); September 2005--Boardwalk/BeachClub Villas (FTW Wedding and Honeymoon WP/ADH); January 2006 (two trips)--AKL and BWV; February 2006--Saratoga Springs; August/September 2006 (Honeymoon #2)--Riverside and BCV, and on and on

Wedding and Honeymoon Trip Log can be found at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=910748

Last edited by Codie; 09-15-2005 at 10:25 PM. Reason: add shoe information
Old 09-13-2005, 09:28 PM   #9
Codie
DIS Veteran

Trip Log entry One

OUR WEDDING IN DISNEY

Our wedding was on a Thursday, right before Labor Day weekend on September 1, 2005! I was leaving, with my mom, brother, and sister-in-law, on the Monday before, August 29, 2005. My dh’s family left the Friday before (August 26th). My dh and my dad were coming down on Tuesday (August 30th) late. The rest of our 99 guests were going to be coming anytime from the Saturday before to the day of the wedding!
Two weeks before the wedding, our marriage license finally came from A Wedding For You. As some of you know, my father, a city court judge in New York, was planning on doing our ceremony. We had quasi-cleared that with Orange and Osceola counties. To my great surprise, the marriage license arrived from Miami-Dade County. I was totally freaking out for the evening from when I got the mail until the next morning. I spent the evening scouring the Miami-Dade County website to see what sort of response I might get. For those who have actually read the statute regarding who may actually perform a marriage in the state of Florida, you will know that the statute is slightly ambiguous as to whether a Judge performing the ceremony must be a Florida State Judge.
The next morning I was able to get a hold of the Clerk of the Courts in Miami-Dade County. He informed me that the only individuals able to perform marriages were spiritual ministers and Florida state notary of publics. I asked, “what about a judge?” The response: “A florida state judge? No problem.” I held my breath and asked, “What about a New York State Judge?” The clerk responded, “You have that Judge call me and it will be no problem!” I was ecstatic—I conferenced in my father (without warning) and had the clerk immediately talk to him. The clerk and my father then, to my chagrin, made arrangements for my father to fly to Miami on Wednesday (the day before the wedding and the only day my father would be able to) to be “deputized” to conduct my wedding in the state of Florida. It definitely created a bit of chaos, but at the same time it completely relaxed me. We finally had a very definitive answer that my father could perform our ceremony without a hitch (no pun intended) in the state of Florida!
My next hurdle was figuring out how to get all of the wedding STUFF to Florida. I had a ton of STUFF to bring including, my dress, my place cards (which were scalloped seashells and there were approximately 50),

13 party lite sand castle tea light centerpieces,

the guest book, ring bearer pillow, pen, toasting glasses (awesome glasses from Tiffany & Co. that a good friend surprised me with a week before we left),

the groomsmen and bridesmaids gifts, my tiara, and the largest baggage—the destination gift bags and contents. DH’s parents were driving down in an RV and with his brother’s family in a large van. My aunt and uncle were also driving a large van. My original plan was to give the breakable stuff (centerpieces, guest book/pen, ring bearer pillow, toasting glasses, place cards to dh’s parents, and for me to take the rest, including my dress as a carry on. I finally gave in to common sense and asked dh’s parents to take my dress. My plan had been to pack all the destination gift bags at Disney and then deliver to the hotels on Tuesday. About a week out I decided to pack them at home and then I decided to only deliver the bags to those guests that would not be at the rehearsal dinner. The rest I was going to give out at the rehearsal dinner. My MIL had decided to include aunts and uncles in the rehearsal dinner, so this made my delivery duties a little simpler. I packed up all the rehearsal dinner bags, boxed them, and delivered them to my aunt and uncle to bring in the van and bring with them to the rehearsal dinner.
This left me with about 20 bags that all fit into one suitcase. Each bag was slightly different. I had spent the year before the wedding keeping my eye on disneydeals.com for really good deals of “bag stuffer” items. I also went and bought tissue packs, antibacterial minis, soaps from bath and body works, sunscreen, lip balm from Panama Jack (highly recommend their online site), and playing cards. My Mary Kay lady donated about 30 hand lotions for the bags. I sell Pampered Chef so I was able to get yummy coffee samples that I included in every room bag that I knew had a coffee machine. I was never really sure how many bags I would need, so I figured if I had a good spread I could just split it all up. I also included an individualized itinerary in each bag, individualized as to which hotel they were staying. The last thing that each bag got was the door hanger that some of you saw in my pictures—it had their names on it and made it easy for everyone to find each other.

We had invited children to come with their parents to the wedding—for each of the little girls we included a separate special purse bag with their goodies.
Our very good friends (the ones mentioned above that bought us the Tiffany toasting glasses) were getting married in Canada the Saturday before us and then graciously spending their honeymoon in Disney for our wedding. One of my dh’s groomsmen who lives out of town also was attending a different wedding in Canada (just over the border from where we live) that weekend. Dh’s friend and girlfriend flew up on that Friday and stayed with us until Sunday. We went to our separate events on Saturday. Our friends’ wedding was SO nice and really made us excited for our event!

I was slightly stressed knowing that I still had to pack and get to the airport by 6 am on Monday! Dh’s friends flew out Sunday evening and I began to pack. By midnight I was 90% done and I called my mom to make sure that she and my brother had gotten their boarding passes. She asked me to get all of the passes—when I went online to get the passes the website told me that they could not be issued because the flight was either full or cancelled. You can imagine my surprise and displeasure!!! I immediately panicked and called the airline. Apparently, everyone floods the website right at midnight to get their boarding passes and that was the only problem. I waited a few minutes, tried again, and successfully obtained our boarding passes—the trip was about to start!!!! I left my final disboard message as a single woman and packed up my computer for the trip. Somewhere close to 2 am, I set the alarm for 5 am and crawled into bed.

Last edited by Codie; 02-05-2006 at 03:50 PM.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:57 PM   #10
twojo21
disney bride 32106

congratulations! your pictures are stunning! thanks for sharing im so happy to hear you were able to have the officiant situation solved & got to have your dad perform the ceremony im sure that was very special, cant wait to hear more details!

March 21st 2006 the day our dreams came true.
twojo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 07:33 AM   #11
WithDisneySpirit
DIS Veteran

Wow, Codie!!!!! You were gorgeous, your dress was stunning and your groom beyond cute I loved your pictures; now I am late for my workout! How great that your father got to marry you Can't wait to read more!!!
Old 09-14-2005, 10:28 AM   #12
Moonbeams
If I ever win the lottery, I am moving aboard the DCL permanently!

Location: Addison, TX (DFW) but still a Northern CA girl at heart!!

Codie --

Your photos are wonderful! Really capture the love between you and your DH. Can't wait to read more of your trip reports!

I, too, love the door hanger. Is it wooden? Did you make it at Michael's, Joann's, or another craft store?

Thanks!

Jennifer

Trick or Treating from Coast to Coast!
Disneyland - October 10, 2008
WDW - October 16, 2008
Moonbeams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 11:57 AM   #13
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

The pics are beautiful! Where did you have your ceremony+ reception?
Old 09-15-2005, 02:42 PM   #14
Codie
DIS Veteran

Moonbeams--the door hangers are made out of some sort of foam. A coworker in my office makes them and sells them, so I asked if she would make them for me. They were great!

LauraFoster--my ceremony was at the WP and my reception was at the Atlantic Dance Hall (ADH). We loved it!!!

Old 09-15-2005, 10:26 PM   #15
Codie
DIS Veteran

Trip Log Entry 2

At 5:30 a.m. my fdh and I arrived at my parents’ house to pick up my mom, brother, and sister-in-law to head to Florida. All of our luggage almost did not fit in the truck. I had three suitcases. My brother and sister-in-law were heading back to their home in Taiwan straight from Florida so they had LOTS of luggage. My mom was the most efficient packer. We arrived at the airport close to 6 a.m. and unloaded the truck. I kissed my fiancé good-bye and the poor guy headed in to work (he wouldn’t finish that work day until 8 p.m.!) My mom’s and my bags were checked in with no trouble. My brother and his wife, however, had two bags—one was 16 pounds overweight and the other was 25 pounds overweight…a surcharge of $75. You are allowed, at least on Southwest, three checked bags per passenger, weighing no more than 50 pounds a piece. The very nice sky caps went and found some random boxes for my brother to shift some of the weight. Finally he had three boxes and two suitcases and no extra charges. Of course, we tipped the skycaps helping us $30, but it was worth it!! We were a little nervous that our flight would be effected turbulently by Katrina—but we had a beautifully uneventful, unmemorable flight.

My sister-in-law, being from Taiwan, had never been to Disney World, or Disney anything, and my brother had not been there for over a decade, so we were planning on spending Monday in the parks. We had rented a truck for two days so my brother and I went and picked out our ride while my mom and sil found all 10 of our luggage pieces. Once we were finally on the road, we had to go to the condo where my aunt and cousins were going to be staying, get them checked-in and leave a key at the front desk. By then, it was getting close to lunch time and we decided that we would stop at Downtown Disney for lunch before we checked into the hotel and headed out to the Magic Kingdom. We stopped at Downtown Disney and I directed our group towards the Earl of Sandwich. I had never eaten there and was anxious to try it. I also needed to somehow sneak away to Arribas Brothers to order our parent gifts—a glass half-moon block with mine and dh’s image etched on it with the date. We got our food at Earl of Sandwich—incredibly delicious by the way! I managed to sneak away long enough to place my order at Arribas Brothers and then by 12:30 p.m. we were back on the road and on our way to the Boardwalk Villas, where my brother, his wife, and I were going to stay.

When I checked in at the Boardwalk the woman looked up with a big smile and said, “So you are getting married here?” She was SO excited for me—I almost started crying because it was so cool. The wedding was four days away and someone was already making a huge fuss over me!!! They informed me that they had saved a top floor room for me and that they had made sure that my brother’s room and my room were connecting. One of the two rooms was not ready yet so we could not go up, but no big deal. Some people might think that it was weird to have a connecting room on my wedding trip, but I thought it was great. At that time I was not planning on staying at the Boardwalk for my wedding night and it would make the next couple of days very easy to keep tabs on my brother and his wife. After chatting with the front desk staff for about twenty minutes, we got changed into “park clothes,” stored our luggage with bell services, and hopped on a bus to the Magic Kingdom!! I couldn’t wait to see my sil’s face when she experienced the wonder of Disney

Last edited by Codie; 02-01-2006 at 10:36 PM. Reason: PICTURES!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: