Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2005, 05:40 PM   #1
martinoqt
Earning My Ears

Lightbulb disney in december

aw:
i was wondering if anyone has been to disney in december? what has been your experiences with the weather.
i am thinking of going but really do not want to go if the weather is below 70.
martinoqt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 09:56 PM   #2
sherry8253
The TF hopes to brighten your day too!!!

There is no guarantee to the weather in FL in December. My DH and I go every Dec or Jan. We have had great weather during most of our Dec vacations but there have been a few where it was down right nippy, especially in the eve (we wore gloves to MVMCP) and early mornings on the golf course. And we have also had a few trips where it was down right hot (90's). But these trips were not typical. Dec is my favorite time at Disney. Chances are days will be in the 70's to low 80's.... but NO GUARANTEE. One good thing is Dec is usually pretty dry. We have only ever had one trip where it rained several of the days. Have fun!!!
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2005, 04:46 AM   #3
Disney Dee
DIS Veteran

We went in dec afew yrs ago, and we lucked out. high 70's at night, mid 80's during the day, our fav time of yr in DW.
Old 09-09-2005, 05:21 AM   #4
minkydog
DIS Cast Member
hey! I've got two college degrees and a steady job. if I wanna watch mindless TV, so what?
DIS Official Rum Taster
I used to be in the all-natural camp.

We went right after Christmas one year and the weather was delightful--for the first 3 days. Then it turned bitter cold, damp, and spitting snow. We had to go out and buy gloves, hats, etc. So our pictures are weird--half show us in shirt sleeves and the rest show us bundled up like we're in Chicago.

One thing you can always count on--you can't count on Orlando's winter weather.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:55 AM   #5
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Dec. is our fav time of year at WDW. We have been on a couple of occasions where it got pretty cold. But in most Decembers it has been nice, low 70s/mid 80s. Go and enjoy! The Christmas decorations are up and it makes for an even more festive WDW.
Old 09-09-2005, 07:37 AM   #6
Nikayla
Earning My Ears

Christmas

Last year the weather was absolutely beautiful! Our family brought sweaters (pull over types that you can tie around your waist when you get hot) and we didn't wear them once!!

I'd definitely bring sweaters just in case, but t-shirts or comfy clothes also just in case it's unseasonably hot.
Nikayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 07:45 AM   #7
CheshireMelanie
Earning My Ears

Well, we were there last year and had a few days of REALLY COLD weather. But hey, we were at Disney and still had a good time. You just never know. The parks are beautiful and before christmas the attendance is lower. I say pack a few extra things just in case and go.

The link to my trip report is in my signature - but just to show you that we weren't discourage by our "cold spell," we just finished booking a trip for Dec 9 - 16, 2005!

Can't wait!
Old 09-09-2005, 09:00 AM   #8
onedisneylover
Mouseketeer

i live here in florida, and it gets colder in orlando than it does here in s fla.

the only thing i can tell you to do is go to one of those weather sites (i usually do accuweather.com) that has a 10 day forcast. not that it is always correct, but at least you can get a close account of the temperature.

i live here in fla and i know that it gets really cold at times, and the last time i went to disney, i ended up spending $200 for sweatshirts/jackets for my self and my kids....and believe me, it is hard to find stuff at disney for kids when it gets cold...it always seems like my kids are the same size as all the kids there!!! if i was going to pay $35 per sweatshirt jacket, i wanted them slightly bigger so they can use them next year too!!! and this was mid march!!! not december!!!

just with the girl scout motto in mind...always be prepared!!!!!!

nobody but the big cheese saying cheese!!!
onedisneylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 07:20 PM   #9
Ginarella
Mouseketeer

I wonder what you all consider cold weather? I live in So. Calif. so it's really warm most of the time, but for me, cold is around below 60 degrees. Cool weather is around 70 degrees. Anything below 60 degrees has to be freezing.

I'll be at WDW in December also. I can't wait!
Ginarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 07:51 PM   #10
Stitch's Cousin
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginarella
I wonder what you all consider cold weather? I live in So. Calif. so it's really warm most of the time, but for me, cold is around below 60 degrees. Cool weather is around 70 degrees. Anything below 60 degrees has to be freezing.

I'll be at WDW in December also. I can't wait!
We were at WDW during the second week of December '04: some days had a high near 80, our last two days were low 60's, but the nights of those last two days were chilling to say the least (~50). Be sure to pack somethings to layer just in case....shivering through Osborne Lights isn't recommended!
Stitch's Cousin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 08:23 PM   #11
mum of two pirates
DIS Veteran

Location: Just about as far northeast in washington as you can get

cold ????

We are going next dec and we will be coming from about 20 above. our winters get to 20 below for a while every winter and I can't to go from cold weather to shorts in dec in disney. wow heat wave we'll be having.

Last edited by mum of two pirates; 09-10-2005 at 10:57 AM.
mum of two pirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 09:03 PM   #12
HappyLawyer
DIS Veteran/ OLCC Owner who's Mouse'n Down The House

we go in december only and have found the weather to be cold at times, we just wear pants and go to walmart and get some little gloves for a dollas, wrap up and we carry on, i think i would rather have the cool air then the hot sun
December 2008 @ Orange Lake Country Club & Resort-It will be great!! Destinations include: MK, MGM , AK, Bush Gardens, Sea World, U S, IOA, Makahiki Luau, Sleuths Murder Mystery Dinner, Olde Town, Malls, Walmart, Orange Blossom Hot Air Balloon Ride.

2006 Disney Cruise, Orange Lake CC & Resort, Summer Bay Holiday Inn, Extended Stay Deluxe, Residance Inn, & Raddison Celebration
2004 Days Inn Suites OT, & Summer Bay Offsite
2001 Tree House Villas Onsite @ Disney Inst.
HappyLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 08:22 AM   #13
Nikayla
Earning My Ears

Good question...

Ginarella, Since I'm from Fla originally I'm a lot like you... at 60 degrees I'm freezing!! 75 to 80 for me is perfect, anything lower and those sweaters are on!

Dis Fanatic
Nikayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 11:33 AM   #14
allaboutmm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyLawyer
we go in december only and have found the weather to be cold at times, we just wear pants and go to walmart and get some little gloves for a dollas, wrap up and we carry on, i think i would rather have the cool air then the hot sun
cooler rather than hot sun- amen to that!!!!!
allaboutmm is offline   Reply With Quote