Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2011, 12:40 PM   #76
SnackyStacky
Disney Addict
S2+1

Proud new daddy to his own little princess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michsig View Post
I'm a bit confused on this. I booked a room-only reservation online directly through Disney. They only took my deposit, obviously. So I CAN'T make payments online? I was confused about this when I first booked it, so I called Disney and the rep told me that I could make payments online once the trip is a little closer (i.e.: 6 months out?) I don't know how accurate this is, but some of these posts are confusing me. Does this mean I'll have to call and make payments instead?
It doesn't matter how you booked - online or on the phone. The online system will take the deposit payment ONLY.

You can make additional payments, but you have to call them in.

As with all things Disney this MAY change, or may have already. But that's been my experience.
SnackyStacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:31 AM   #77
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

I made a room only online, is it still true that i cannot call and make a additional payments?
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2012, 11:49 AM   #78
poofiesdream
Disney always and forever

A room only reservation can have payments to it by calling, but not online.
poofiesdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:21 PM   #79
caroli
"Not all those who wander are lost" (J.R.R. Tolkien)

Sorry for my question but I'm sooo lost!

I'd like to know if when reserving a room on the WDW web site, they only charge a deposit from my credit card, and we can later pay the rest in cash directly at the hotel.
I mean, once I have my reservation made using a credit card, can I pay in cash upon my arrival to the hotel, or they only accept credit cards?
Which is the amount the hotel will hold on my credit card until my arrival?

Thank you
caroli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:27 AM   #80
whitemischief
Earning My Ears

Thanks for clarifying that!
whitemischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 02:00 PM   #81
2009CAN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroli View Post
Sorry for my question but I'm sooo lost!

I'd like to know if when reserving a room on the WDW web site, they only charge a deposit from my credit card, and we can later pay the rest in cash directly at the hotel.
I mean, once I have my reservation made using a credit card, can I pay in cash upon my arrival to the hotel, or they only accept credit cards?
Which is the amount the hotel will hold on my credit card until my arrival?

Thank you
From my understanding, you have to pay-in-full something like 45 days before your trip if you have a PACKAGE (tickets) w/your room stay. If you have a ROOM ONLY reservation, then you can pay cash when you get there. I wonder if you can by check over the phone?
2009CAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:51 AM   #82
MollysWorld
Earning My Ears

I am sure this has been asked, but I wanted to check. We already have a trip booked, scheduled to arrive on 10/24. Does that mean we aren't eligible? Can we purchase the plan for 10/24 and 10/25, then be eligible for the plan on 10/26?

thanks.
MollysWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 12:02 PM   #83
Crazyhorse
Mouseketeer

I just saw this thread, which started YEARS ago. I'm not sure it's still accurate. In the last 12 months, I've booked two vacations on line and of course the deposit on my credit card went through fine. Then as we got closer to both vacations, I continued to make periodic payments on line, until it was paid for 45 days prior to arrival. It's not hiccup free, at least twice I had to back out and log in again but it sure beats waiting on hold to make a payment. Just an FYI.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: