Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2009, 06:15 PM   #46
Melissa B
Earning My Ears

we have that almost paid off the room. so we wont have to pay at check out one less thing to worry about.

Oct. 2009 Off Site
May 2009 Pop Century
Dec. 2008 Off Site
Oct. 2008 Pop Century
Sept.2008 Off Site
May 2008 Pop Century
Jan. 2008 Off Site
Melissa B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:54 AM   #47
Nadya
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
Until Disney makes any changes I am going to leave this stuck at the top of the page.

Disney's system WILL NOT ALLOW for any additional payments to be made (other than the deposit) to any ROOM ONLY reservation booked online (whether it be best rate, FL resident or regular rack rate.)
is that true?? OMG
Nadya is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-27-2009, 11:49 AM   #48
greeneggs1082
Mouseketeer

This is no longer true, as when I went to WDW in April, I was able to make my initial down payment on my room only reservation, and then I called in a few days later to pay the remainder. The phone CM took my payment and it was never cancelled nor refunded to my bank account. You ARE able to make additional payments to room only reservations now.
Old 05-27-2009, 12:40 PM   #49
Candice30
World's Greatest Aunt! -- or so the kids tell me.

absolutely...have paid off balance twice now! just call reservations and tell them you want to make a payment. it was all very easy.
Candice30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:14 AM   #50
jnfr2424
I'm Tink I got my Peter Pan and together we love to fly away to Neverland!

Dosen't this post need to be updated?
I was not only able to make a deposit but payments for my reservation online
even in writing, it is stated to make the final payment either by check or online
jnfr2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 12:06 PM   #51
Candice30

you cannot make payments online...i had to call reservations to do it. just did it in june with no problem via credit card.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:08 PM   #52
Candice30

again though....the times i did it was for room only reservations....i do not believe you can do this with other types of ressies....maybe someone else can clarify.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:37 PM   #53
vincom1111
Earning My Ears

Thanks all for sharing information
Old 05-03-2010, 08:50 AM   #54
ratlenhum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candice30 View Post
you cannot make payments online...i had to call reservations to do it. just did it in june with no problem via credit card.
I've made my deposit and 3 additional payments online for an upcoming trip. I also did the same thing last year. We booked in March 2009 and made 5 or 6 online payments until our trip was paid in full. We travelled in August.

I don't understand why people think you can't do this. It's very easy and most people I know that book online make payments online.
ratlenhum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:09 AM   #55
greeneggs1082
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratlenhum View Post
I've made my deposit and 3 additional payments online for an upcoming trip. I also did the same thing last year. We booked in March 2009 and made 5 or 6 online payments until our trip was paid in full. We travelled in August.

I don't understand why people think you can't do this. It's very easy and most people I know that book online make payments online.
Is your reservation a "room only" reservation or a package, that includes room and tickets? If it is a package, then yes, there are no problems making payments online. However, this thread is specifically about "room only" reservations and the inability to make payments on those online. "Room only" reservations can be made in payments by calling customer service.
Old 05-16-2010, 04:10 PM   #56
Constance
Earning My Ears

Room only you can! I've done it. But I do have to call. Packages are another story! When I've done room/tickets/dining, I can't.

1983 Contemporary, 1989 Fort Wilderness, 1992 Caribbean, 2003 Offsite, 2005 Port Orleans Riverside, 2006 Port Orleans Riverside, 2006 Boardwalk Inn, 2007 Pop Century, 2007 Hilton Grand Vacations Club at SeaWorld & Port Orleans Riverside, 2008 Hilton Grand Vacations Club at SeaWorld & Saratoga Springs & Beach Club, 2008 Boardwalk Inn & Old Key West, 2009 Port Orleans Riverside,
2009 Old Key West & Animal Kingdom Lodge - October F&W upcoming trip
Constance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:48 AM   #57
Craigdarroch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnackyStacky View Post
A quick summary of payment policies:

Room Only Reservations booked over the phone or with most travel agents:
  • Has a 12 digit confirmation number
  • 1 night plus tax due within 14 days of the booking
  • balance not required until check in
  • interim payments can be made (if you've booked through a travel agency, check with policies for minimum interim payments)

Room Only Reservations booked online:
  • Has an 8 digit confirmation number beginning with the letter R
  • 1 night plus tax due within 14 days of the booking
  • balance not payable until check in
  • no interim payments can be made. Any payment that appears to have been accepted over the phone will be refunded to your credit card.

Pacakge Reservations (no matter where booked):
  • Has an 8 digit confirmation. Should begin with either a 1, 6, or 8 depending on how you booked it.
  • $200 due within 14 days of the booking
  • balance due 45 days prior to arrival (check your confirmation or use this link to calculate your date)
  • interim payments can be made (if you've booked through a travel agency, check with policies for minimum interim payments)

These are the policies for reservations booked in the US and through US based travel agencies. YMMV for booking through Disney's Canadian, UK or other international divisions.
So, I booked a room-only reservation "on-line" through the US Disney.com site.
I received a 12 digit confirmation number (not an 8 digit one)
It does state that payment is not due until arrival, however, it also states that I can make full payment at any time by contacting a Disney CM by phone.

Why did I receive the 12 digit number rather than the 8 digit number when I booked online?
Craigdarroch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:16 PM   #58
SnackyStacky
Disney Addict
S2+1

Proud new daddy to his own little princess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigdarroch View Post
Why did I receive the 12 digit number rather than the 8 digit number when I booked online?
Because the information from that post was almost 3 years old.

Sorry about that!

Before Disney introduced their online check in, the ONLY thing that could be pulled up online was a reservation that had been booked online - whether package or room only. They were giving the 8 digit R confirmations then.

BUT - since introducing online check in, they needed a way to make sure EVERYBODY could bring up their reservations online, no matter where or how somebody booked.

Now, they can take payments for room only reservations over the phone, and they will stick, and you get the 12 digit confirmation number.

I also updated that post, so it's a bit more pertinent.
SnackyStacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:05 PM   #59
perrywinkle47
Earning My Ears

i don't have done it becuase i don't have to call it packages are another story.
perrywinkle47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:40 AM   #60
newdisfamily
Earning My Ears

If when you make your original payment and it's for the entire room do they refund whatever is over the $200 or you're all set?

I was going to take advantage of the offer they have going on now and just wanted to double check.

Thanks!
newdisfamily is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: