Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2005, 10:48 PM   #1
SueEllen
Proud Iced Tea Snob
Laughs when thinking
Olga Tickaboomskya

Regarding Online ROOM reservations and extra payments

Until Disney makes any changes I am going to leave this stuck at the top of the page.

Disney's system WILL NOT ALLOW for any additional payments to be made (other than the deposit) to any ROOM ONLY reservation booked online (whether it be best rate, FL resident or regular rack rate.)

If you call and get a CM that applies an additional payment, that payment will be REFUNDED back to your credit card. It will not stay on the reservation.

I know that a lot of people have had questions about this and confusion, but this does apply to all room only reservations made online.

Sue Ellen
Old 09-07-2005, 07:48 AM   #2
A Mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Thank you for posting that, I am glad you did. They did indeed refund back to my credit card after the CM that I had took my payment in full. Disney however not once contacted me on this. I found out by looking at the My Disney Vacations online section & then looking at my credit card activity summary. I would have though that Disney would have sent something to me but didn't. Thanks once again
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2005, 07:37 AM   #3
DisneyFreq
Do you believe in fairies? If you believe, clap your hands!

Now, if I call in central reservations and book a room only w/deposit, I DO have the option of paying it off before my trip? Thinking it would be nice to have one expense taken care of before we go.
Mar 2013 All Stars Sports Surf's Up Sept 2012 POFQ Oct 2010/11 Dolphin Jun 2010: Fort Wilderness Loop 300 Feb 2010: Coronado Springs Casitas Nov 2009: Orange Lake Resort Sep 2009: Pop Century 50s Sep 2007: Caribbean Beach Resort Barbados Oct 2006: All Stars Movies Love Bug May 2006: All Stars Sports Surf's Up/ Music Rock Inn Dec 2005: Pop Century 70s Feb 2001: Timeshare Feb 2000: Shades of Green May 1999: Travelodge Suites E Gate Orange

DisneyFreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 06:59 PM   #4
A Mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreq
Now, if I call in central reservations and book a room only w/deposit, I DO have the option of paying it off before my trip? Thinking it would be nice to have one expense taken care of before we go.
Yes, the call in ressies can be paid off ahead of time.....
Old 09-09-2005, 10:32 AM   #5
Tink10
Always Lurking!
The cooler people just kill me

Regarding Best Rate Ressies.....

I booked WL via Best Rate and my confirmation email has the following text:

"Please note that charges made by telephone may not be reflected on this page. If you would like to charge your final payment by phone, or if you have any questions about your vacation, please call (407) 939-7675 from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Eastern Time."

Just a Little FYI
Oct 2015 - BWV
Tink10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 04:35 PM   #6
MissMichelle
DIS Veteran

That may explain why I have a package that I was able to pay on and now that I added 1 night ROOM ONLY ressie to AKL I can no longer pay on ANY of my itinerery on the website.
Odd because the AKL says to pay either by phone or @ check in, the package says it must be paid for by 12/29....SO I hope I can take care of this! I'm nervous now that if I call to make a payment it won't work since I have a ROOM only ressie included. LOL ahhh the stress of planning
Old 09-09-2005, 04:39 PM   #7
A Mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink10
I booked WL via Best Rate and my confirmation email has the following text:

"Please note that charges made by telephone may not be reflected on this page. If you would like to charge your final payment by phone, or if you have any questions about your vacation, please call (407) 939-7675 from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Eastern Time."

Just a Little FYI
Yes, I know it says that. I called & a CM took my balance so I was paid in full. A few days later, they credited it back to my credit card. Even though it says you can, you cannot. Any ressie that is booked online (they all seem to start with "R") cannot be paid off until arrival.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:42 AM   #8
Daryl
DIS Veteran

That Stinks!!!! Disney seems to be making it harder and harder on AP holders. It was great to be able to pay it off before I arrived. USF is looking better and better as an onsite hotel option.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:18 AM   #9
Ruth B
I may ask for Springs
This year we are doing a adventure day

Hi
i have booked 2 nights at AKL( throug a hotel website) my credit card company says that a payment has gone out to disney(direct) and it is equilvant to one nights stay. When i eventually got through( on phone) to the hotel website they say they haven't taken a depost and that i pay all on arrival! Help??!!. Can i ring the resort direct to check or do i just cancel and re-book. thanks for any advice, Ruth
Ruth B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 11:21 AM   #10
Farawayfan
Earning My Ears

Question

Hi all

I may be completely dumb but I don't understand one word of what you're going on about.

I've actually not looked into staying on site as we're planning on coming to WDW for 3 weeks next June which will be our first and only visit as we're so far away and it's so expensive to get there. Anyway, we decided on renting a private house for our stay but I've been thinking that it might be nice for the kids to have 2 or 3 days right at the beginning or right at the end of the trip just to give them that little bit extra Disney magic.

I don't know how to go about finding the cheapest way of doing this and don't really understand what you're all talking about as far as paying before you get there. I'd love to pay for as much as possible before we arrive.

Any thoughts would be gratefully appreciated.

thanks
Clueless!
Old 01-10-2006, 12:24 PM   #11
#1DizGal
Mouseketeer

Hey, Sue Ellen! With the BRP changes that were announced today, any idea if additional payments can be applied to a rez now?
#1DizGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 02:39 PM   #12
epcotfan
Kitty!
Everyday I wake up and think about Disneyland
I think it is sheer luck, endurance and compromise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farawayfan
Hi all

I may be completely dumb but I don't understand one word of what you're going on about.

I've actually not looked into staying on site as we're planning on coming to WDW for 3 weeks next June which will be our first and only visit as we're so far away and it's so expensive to get there. Anyway, we decided on renting a private house for our stay but I've been thinking that it might be nice for the kids to have 2 or 3 days right at the beginning or right at the end of the trip just to give them that little bit extra Disney magic.

I don't know how to go about finding the cheapest way of doing this and don't really understand what you're all talking about as far as paying before you get there. I'd love to pay for as much as possible before we arrive.

Any thoughts would be gratefully appreciated.

thanks
Clueless!
You are best to start another thread regarding your questions. You will get more help that way.
epcotfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 07:10 AM   #13
brer rabbit 28
Dude, you were like, 'Whoa!' and then we were like 'WHOA!' and then you were like 'Whoa.'

what about payments throuhg dreams unlimited?Will extra payments be accepted?

Claire and Chris' wedding planning journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2509001
brer rabbit 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 11:19 PM   #14
madouceamie
Earning My Ears

If you book rooms and the DDP is that considered a "room only" reservation?
madouceamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 05:09 AM   #15
fizz13
Dreams about being stuck on Space Mountain

No, with the DDP that is considered a package

DISNEYLAND Anaheim 2005 WALT DISNEY WORLD dec91,jan02,jan05:mystic dunes aug06: polynesian, oct06:coronado springs,
aug07: pofq, dec07:allstarmovies-wilderness lodge, aug09: popcenturydec10: mystic dunes
DLRP-1998 Paris2000 Santa Fe2003 Val d'europe 2012 Cheyenne2013 sequoia lodge
fizz13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: