Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2005, 08:23 PM   #1
mom2mad
Earning My Ears

Question Gas shortage in Florida, Is it true?

We live in SC and plan to leave Saturday morning for Disney. We are hearing that there is a gas shortage in Florida. Can anyone give me any insight on this? Thanks in advance
mom2mad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 08:32 PM   #2
kerrynic78
New mom to sweet baby Audrey!

Well I got gas this afternoon for $2.55 in SE Orlando and my DH got it in downtown Orlando for $2.65 with no problems at all. I have not heard anything about this at all but we had no problems. Have Fun!
kerrynic78 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-31-2005, 08:50 PM   #3
YangYang
Mouseketeer

I live just north of Atlanta. I just waited in line for almost 30 minutes to buy gas. It was $3.06 a gallon. They had sold out of the two lowest grades and I had to buy premium but they were selling it at the lowest grade's price. The other places near there were selling gas for $3.29 a gallon. My BIL said that it was $6.00 a gallon in Buckhead (closer to Atlanta).
YangYang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 11:07 PM   #4
rchristiansen
DIS Veteran

To me it's probably the "run on the bank" mentality. I heard on the news tonight, while yes there may be a shortage in the near future, it should all be ok by the weekend.

Um - did we all forget that Bush is tapping into the oil reserve? People panic to quickly sometimes.
rchristiansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 11:59 PM   #5
travelitis
DIS Veteran

There's no shortage here in Jacksonville, 2.5 hrs. from Orlando. Last weekend we found that the Hess stations on Disney property had better gas prices than the stations off site. We paid $2.53 at Hess. Gas today in Jax was $2.65 - $2.69 in our neighborhood. Orlando gas prices have been comparable to ours. We'll see about this weekend when we go down there for a couple of nights.

5 Mickey bars ~ $25.00 Picture of kids with an X-Wing ~ $35 losing count of Disney trips ~ Priceless!
travelitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 06:55 AM   #6
mom2mad
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up thanks for the input

thanks for your responses
mom2mad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 08:32 AM   #7
bartleby1
DIS Veteran

I think all areas are being hit, not just FL or southern states. I just saw on the news that someplace in Georgia was charging over $5.00 a gallon and there were lines all over waiting to get gas.

In NJ yesterday afternoon, two stations I passed were still at $2.69 and the lines were out onto the highway. The rest of the stations were already at $2.89 and up. By the time I came home late last night the stations that were at $2.69 were out of gas and most others that I passed were over $3.00 (the highest two were at $3.11). People are afraid of what the gas prices are going to rise to so everyone is filling up, creating a problem of stations running out of gas.

According to the news, they believe the national average will hit over $4.00 per gallon by next week. I sure hope this is VERY temporary!
bartleby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 08:33 AM   #8
MelodyMack
Mommy - are you on the WIZ boards again?

We live in Pensacola and are experiencing EXTREME gas shortages. You won't pass through here, as we're near the Alabama border, but I am concerned how far East the shortage will eventually go (no drama...just a little concerned).

Almost every pump in town is covered with plastic bags and there are signs that say NO GAS everywhere. The two gas stations I could find with gas had two hour waits. It's just.....crazy.

I'm praying and thinking about all the Katrina victims. You guys are not alone.

March 2005 - Pop Century
December 2005 - AllStar Movies
MelodyMack is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: