Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2005, 09:55 AM   #1
AUTUMN SUN
Mouseketeer

Smile Should this be a concern?

If I leave the MK during lunch hour to eat at a resort retaurant, is it possible that when I try to re-enter the MK that I would not be able to d/t park at capacity?I Will be there during busy period of 12/27-12/31. thanks!
Old 08-17-2005, 10:11 AM   #2
MomOf3Mice
Earning My Ears

Not 100% sure, but I think I have read somewhere that if you are a Disney Resort guest you are allowed into the park at any time, no matter the crowds.

MomOf3Mice is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2005, 10:17 AM   #3
GOOFYFREEK
DIS Veteran

If you leave and come back you might not be allowed in to the MK. But if you are a resort guest you are granted admission to atleast one of the parks and it might not be the one of your choice for that day.

And no my family is inside doesn't work.
8. Will (mousefest ,cheerleaders, triathlon, marathon, cinderella being sick, goofy missing a shoe) affect the park levels.
7. Whos going 2 years from now
6. Why do they always do the renovations in the off-season
5. Why do FL residents always get discounts
4. Will it be busy(x-mas, thanksgiving, easter, spring break, presidents day, MOM's Day, Goofy's Day, Any other 3 day weekend I missed) LOL
3. Why hasnt Disney released a discount code for 2008 yet
2. Is it going to be (hot, raining, humid) in 3 weeks
1. I heard there is a Hurricane that is 5,000 miles away, will it effect Disney
GOOFYFREEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 10:21 AM   #4
Avalanche
Mouseketeer

We were there last year that week and are going back again this year. We would stay at the parks until about 2 when the lines would exceed 90 minutes. We didn't bother to go back at night. We had all our PS's (now ADR's) at resorts, that way we didn't have to worry about being denied access to the park we had our PS at.

If you stay at a Disney resort you are guarenteed admission into "a" park, MK will close to capacity to regular guest and then close to ALL guest. There will always be one park that resort guest will be admitted to, just might not be the one you want.
Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 10:43 AM   #5
curiouser
Keep believing, keep pretending...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanche
We were there last year that week and are going back again this year. We would stay at the parks until about 2 when the lines would exceed 90 minutes. We didn't bother to go back at night. We had all our PS's (now ADR's) at resorts, that way we didn't have to worry about being denied access to the park we had our PS at.

If you stay at a Disney resort you are guarenteed admission into "a" park, MK will close to capacity to regular guest and then close to ALL guest. There will always be one park that resort guest will be admitted to, just might not be the one you want.

If you have an ADR and the park is full they still won't let you in? Do you at least get some sort of priority that when X number of people leave you and your party of X get in?
curiouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 11:12 AM   #6
Jackie H.
It's fun to have fun, but you have to know how!

That is correct....an ADR won't get you in once the park is closed due to capacity crowds. Furthermore, if you have an ADR that you had to give a credit card number for (like Cindy's breakfast), they will still charge your card for not showing up! At least it used to be this way. So the planning and responsibility is totally up to you.

I don't know about whether you get a priority when people leave....I would guess it would be whomever is waiting in line next to get in.

Dec 27-30th will be very busy....but probably won't reach capacity. Dec 31st most likely WILL reach capacity - probably by mid-morning. If you want to stay in MK, you will have to STAY in MK - all day.

What the previous posters have said is correct. WDW has several "levels" of full. I think the first level of full has something to do with the parking lots, then it moves to no more off-site guests admitted, then absolutely no one else is admitted (and Goofyfreak is right, your family being in there doesn't help you any). On-Site Guests are guaranteed admittance to "A Park" just as Avalance said. If you want to go in MK and it is full, they will happily transport you by bus to AK, for example, and that satisfies their guarantee.
May 2012 Caribbean Beach May 2011 All Star Music Jan 2011 Coronado Springs Jan 2010 Paradise Pier Disneyland July 2008 Beach Club December 2007 All Star Movies May 2007 Royal Pacific Resort Jan 2006 Port Orleans French Quarter Jan 2004 Polynesian Resort Dec 2003 Dolphin Sept 2002 Animal Kingdom Lodge & Hard Rock Hotel Dec 2000 Dixie Landings Dec 1998 All Star Sports Sept 1995 All Star Sports Nov 1985 Holiday Inn Maingate (our Honeymoon) 1979 & Trip 1977 who knows! I was a kid!
Jackie H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 04:16 PM   #7
bicker
DIS Veteran

Indeed, on the biggest holidays, it is best to enter the park early, and plan to stay all day.
bicker is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: