Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2010, 12:03 AM   #1291
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammacaryn View Post
So, if you go to brunch, do you get your dinner servers? If not...do you tip these servers cash?
No these are different servers that are assigned to Palo... You can charge the extra tip to your key to the world card...

Your regular servers stay in the diningrooms...

You WILL see them doing other jobs on board... they often work the breakfast and lunch seatings at the restaurants and the buffet...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:56 PM   #1292
Mom24Princesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimkarli View Post
Does anyone know how much the Bon Voyage Stateroom Celebration Cakes are?
These little individual cakes were "free" on our cruise. It is just a section of a larger sheet cake. We just requested it a day in advance.
ASMu--July 96; ASMu--Aug 98; PORS--June 01; ASMu--July 03; POP--Feb 04; CSR--June 04; ASMo--June 07; AoA--June 13
DCL

1st DCL Eastern MAGIC APRIL 1-8, 2006

THEN!!
2nd DCL Western MAGIC April 5-12, 2008
Mom24Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2010, 07:08 PM   #1293
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

The on Bon Voyage cake that you get IN your stateroom when you are leaving port including the decorations, etc.. is $49.

Here is the link to the gifts - scroll down to find the one you are looking for...

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/pl...ons%20Packages

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 02-22-2010, 11:03 PM   #1294
ayumac
Minnie Chan

Palo Souffle on a Parrot Cay plate??

How about this? My table mate requested and our server and head server made it happen. We even had choices of vanilla or chocolate sauce. My DD5 absolutely loved it!! (I already had one at Palo so I gave it to her.)

ayumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:25 AM   #1295
Tink rules

Yeah... they really do go out of their way to make it special...

One night my friend joked about not having mozzarella sticks on the adult menu... the next night we ALL had mozarella sticks!!!

Old 02-23-2010, 11:12 AM   #1296
OurDogCisco
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
You can try...

I did 15 nights on the Panama reposition and didn't gain anything.. there's also alot of fresh fruit on board and you don't have to eat everything you see... some people think since they "paid" for it they want to get their money's worth...

Just eat regularly.. if you drink.. that's where the calories will come from...
I agree... I also think aside from the buffets the portions are not HUGE like some restaurants so, you don't overeat. I actually thinkg the portion sizes are perfect.
OurDogCisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:11 PM   #1297
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Here comes the Baked Alaska!

1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back

Future Plans:
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
bigAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:18 PM   #1298
LMCmom25kids
Mouseketeer

Great food pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurDogCisco View Post
Wow! Thanks for all the great food pics! We are going on our 1st Disney cruise in April and can't wait! Is it at all possible for you to post again but include what the food item is? Some are apparent, others are not. Thanks!
Old 02-26-2010, 12:25 PM   #1299
LMCmom25kids
Mouseketeer

Cinderella Glass Slipper

Could someone please post a picture of the Cinderella Glass Slipper Dessert? Thank you!

Also, does anyone know if my very picky 14 yr old son can get regular, plain old fried breaded shrimp with NO coconut? He is so picky.... if it were not for pasta, chicken tenders/nuggets and cereal, I think he would starve! LOL

Last edited by LMCmom25kids; 02-26-2010 at 12:47 PM.
LMCmom25kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 03:12 AM   #1300
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

We spotted this on our galley tour.

1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back

Future Plans:
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
bigAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 07:46 AM   #1301
Madamx
Mouseketeer

That's adorable!!
Old 03-08-2010, 11:14 PM   #1302
Canadianfamily
Mouseketeer

Hungry lurker...

Hello all!
I've been lurking this thread for quite a while (I have to take breaks every once in a while to grab some food!) and thought I'd bump it up in hopes of some new photos. We are still a year away from our next (second ever!) cruise but would love some more photos to drool over!

Canadianfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:59 PM   #1303
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadianfamily View Post
Hello all!
I've been lurking this thread for quite a while (I have to take breaks every once in a while to grab some food!) and thought I'd bump it up in hopes of some new photos. We are still a year away from our next (second ever!) cruise but would love some more photos to drool over!
Here you go! These were from the Parrot Cay regular menu.
Braised Jerk Seasoned Pork Chop

Pan Seared Grouper (I think, this was DH's)

Creme Brule Cheesecake

Dessert Trio
Aug/03 - 1st Trip DL Aug/04 - FW Cabins 1st trip WDW Jun/05 - WDW offsite Dec/06 - ASMo/OKW & MVMCP Jan/08 - POR BFF trip Sept-Oct/08 - AKV & MNSSHP Dec/09 - Pop*Disney Magic 7 nt Eastern w/ Tortola*Pop again Jan/11 - Disney Wonder 15 nt Panama Canal WB Nov/11 - Cor Spngs w/my honey Dec/11 - AKV Kidani w/ the kids Oct/12 - CR/Poly & MNSSHP Mar/13 - Disney Fantasy 7 nt Eastern w/San Juan May/13 - Disney Magic 6 nt Western w/my honey June/13 - SSR Girls Only Trip Sept/13 - Disneyland Paris w/my honey Oct/13 - BC & MNSSHP w/my honey

carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:10 AM   #1304
carmie3377

These were from the Golden Mickeys Menu. Sorry, I don't remember what they all are But I don't think they have this menu anymore anyways.

Aug/03 - 1st Trip DL Aug/04 - FW Cabins 1st trip WDW Jun/05 - WDW offsite Dec/06 - ASMo/OKW & MVMCP Jan/08 - POR BFF trip Sept-Oct/08 - AKV & MNSSHP Dec/09 - Pop*Disney Magic 7 nt Eastern w/ Tortola*Pop again Jan/11 - Disney Wonder 15 nt Panama Canal WB Nov/11 - Cor Spngs w/my honey Dec/11 - AKV Kidani w/ the kids Oct/12 - CR/Poly & MNSSHP Mar/13 - Disney Fantasy 7 nt Eastern w/San Juan May/13 - Disney Magic 6 nt Western w/my honey June/13 - SSR Girls Only Trip Sept/13 - Disneyland Paris w/my honey Oct/13 - BC & MNSSHP w/my honey

Old 03-09-2010, 12:17 AM   #1305
carmie3377

Animator's Palate Show Menu:
Wild Mushroom Risotto and Porcini Twist

Taleggio Cheese Flatbread

Animator's Sweet Temptations Trio

Didn't get pictures of the entrees this night

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: