Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2010, 07:59 PM   #1276
makelifehappen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_kraft View Post
MOST food is included. Not included are packaged items at the theaters or from room service. Specialty coffees are not included, alcohol is not included. Palo carries a $15 charge per person. I think EVERYTHING else is included in the cruise fare.
So, does that mean whenever we want? Whatever we fancy?
Travel Journal: England Road Trip 12 days~12/07, Montreal 4d~02/08 WDW: Pop Century 1w~04/08, European Road Trip (England, France, Spain, Italy) 3w~08/08 WDW: Pop Century 1w~02/09, WDW/Florida Beach Day Trips: All-Stars Music 2w~08/09, NYC 1w~03/10, WDW: Pop Century 1.5w~06/10, NYC 4d~08/10, NOLA (Mardi Gras!) 8d~03/11 WDW: Pop Century 1w~04/11
makelifehappen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:06 PM   #1277
su_kraft
If I plan it, will you come?

Quote:
Originally Posted by makelifehappen View Post
There are menues in the dining room, so take your pick of that - and if you want, have seconds... Ice cream, Plutos dog house, pizza, treats in quiet cove, all of the food out on deck, yep - eat to your hearts (or stomachs) content. Order room service (please tip your waiter) all included. You can get food most hours that the ship is "awake" so 7am - midnight. after that, most stuff closes down for the night. As far as whatever you fancy, well, there are limits... But, if you are at dinner and can't find something that you like, they will try like heck to make something that you will enjoy.
su_kraft is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2010, 08:56 PM   #1278
noahdove
DIS Veteran

I am trying to diet...wonder how many calories my eyes just took in??? Maybe I can pretend the tangerine I just ate was a chocolate hunk of cake or a sundae??? Keep those pictures coming...

noahdove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:44 PM   #1279
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

You can try...

I did 15 nights on the Panama reposition and didn't gain anything.. there's also alot of fresh fruit on board and you don't have to eat everything you see... some people think since they "paid" for it they want to get their money's worth...

Just eat regularly.. if you drink.. that's where the calories will come from...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:50 PM   #1280
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
From what I understand, soft drinks are included if you get them from the dining room or a certain place (I can't think of it now, but I'm sure someone will chime in) but if you get it at a bar, they charge you. This is different than othr cruiselines, as most charge for almost all drinks, including soft drinks.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 05:23 PM   #1281
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Drinks are included with all of your meals. Including the buffets..

There is a drink station on deck 9 aft by Topsiders or Beach Blanket Buffet - that is also free... they have soda, lemonade, coffee, tea...

Generally if you order a drink from a CM, like the ones they have roaming the decks (and they don't PUSH drinks like the other cruise lines...) or at one of the bars, even soda... you will get charged...

Smoothies and such like that in the teen club you get charged for...

Drinks from Cove Cafe (specialty coffees) you get charged for.

If you get soda from room service you get charged... Coffee and Tea are free... so it's good to grab a drink or something on Deck 9.

BUT... DCL will let you bring soda on board with you... (and alcohol & water bottles too...) which is different from other cruise lines... so you can do that and save money...You MUST carry it on and it has to be able to pass through the Xray machine. Remember that if you carry it on... you will also have to lug it around with you until your room is ready - so I'd suggest a rolling carry on for that because you'll be bringing it to lunch with you.

Hope that helps..

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 02-21-2010, 12:40 AM   #1282
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

I uploaded these because some of the DISers in my cruise meet thread hadn't been to Palo's brunch. I thought I'd cross-post them here for general enjoyment....

It's generally set up as a buffet.

Try as much or as little as you want.

Lots of bread and cheese.

These dishes could be ordered through your waiter. You could order as many of these as you wish, as well.

Same with the delicious gourmet pizzas. They were being ordered and passed around our table for everyone to try.

My first plate.

The chicken parmigiana is incredible.

And then a dessert sampling.
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back

Future Plans:
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
bigAWL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:24 AM   #1283
mammacaryn
Don't be a JERK!

To the last post.....

Those are all BRUNCH photos? I was under the impression that there was no HOT foods at the Palo brunch, which seemed odd to me. Is there an egg station too? or omellettes? I am fine with the photos you posted but usually Brunch's have some kind of eggs.

Can't wait for my brunch after seeing your photos!

January 2009 Disney Wonder-Bahamas
March 2010 Disney Magic-Western Caribbean
March 2011 Disney Dream-Bahamas

mammacaryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:27 AM   #1284
mammacaryn
Don't be a JERK!

Quote:
I see alot of meat dishes here (which is fine by me and totally YUMMY looking), but I wonder if anyone has any vegetarian dishes?

Both my husband and youngest daughter are veg...

P.S. What's the deal with the food? Having never been, are their "rules" about food like when we buy into with the Dining Plan at WDW? 1 snack, 1 CS & 1 TS meal?
Always a vegetarian choice on the menus.(I had a few different ones last cruise-I think one was a curry dish) The kids meals you can always get Mac and cheese or grilled cheese. Now if they are Vegan....I would put that info in early for special dietary needs.

Old 02-21-2010, 08:01 AM   #1285
Kay1
Check out Ricki's hidden Mickey!
The only tricky part is judging when the actual boiling begins

Thank you for the beautiful Palo photos, BigAwl. I didn't know either that there were so many hot items served at brunch.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:16 AM   #1286
hgon76
DIS Veteran

The brunch is AMAZING!!! If you can, I highly recommend treating yourself to the brunch!

hgon76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 08:53 AM   #1287
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammacaryn View Post
To the last post.....

Those are all BRUNCH photos? I was under the impression that there was no HOT foods at the Palo brunch, which seemed odd to me. Is there an egg station too? or omellettes? I am fine with the photos you posted but usually Brunch's have some kind of eggs.

Can't wait for my brunch after seeing your photos!
Good point. In fact there were eggs dishes (I found this in another photo and tried to blow it up a bit). These were also on the table for ordering through your waiter. I don't recall an omelette station. But I would be surprised if you couldn't order just about any kind of omelette you wanted.

1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back

Future Plans:
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
bigAWL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:59 PM   #1288
Tink rules

Yes, there are hot items... try the Veal Saltimbucco...

The deal with food on DCL is food IS included... the extra charge for Palo is because it is an Adults only destination - the food is a bit higher quality than the dining rooms... and it takes care of the server, etc... I always tip a bit higher also because it is WAY worth it...

& a funny story about food on a cruise...

There was one woman who's daughter came back to the room one afternoon telling her mother that she was STARVING... the mother said why didn't you just go get something to eat... and the daughter said "Yeah...like they were just going to give me the stuff..." Ummm Yeah....

& Soda and some drinks are free at the drink station on Deck 9... just tell them to get used to going up there for their drinks... drinks at meals are included - other drinks, sodas and mixed or beer you are charged for if a server on deck or in a bar serves it to you... tip IS included...

Old 02-21-2010, 03:08 PM   #1289
mammacaryn
Don't be a JERK!

So, if you go to brunch, do you get your dinner servers? If not...do you tip these servers cash?

Old 02-21-2010, 03:58 PM   #1290
PugDad626
Earning My Ears

Palo food pics

These were taken a week ago on our '8 day Western Magic' cruise

www.wthomas33.com/DCLfood.htm

Four dinners at Palo in one week is NOT enough!!!!

Last edited by PugDad626; 04-15-2010 at 06:08 PM.
PugDad626 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: