Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2001, 09:40 PM   #1
glewis1123
The Tag Fairy says hi to Glenda and hopes she is enjoying being part of the DVC family!!!!! :)

Cool I-5 Motel help

Hi all

My dear sweet hubby has decided that we should drive down Saturday night - about half way - and stop somewhere on I-5 at a motel then drive the rest of the way Sunday morning.

We'll be leaving from San Jose at about 7pm - so does anyone have any motel suggestions - do's or don'ts ?

Would we have to make reservations or just look for a no vacancy sign.

Thanks again!!!

First Solo Trip Oct 10-17th - Hubby couldn't come so he said go by yourself - you're a big girl now
Glenda - I'm the good one
glewis1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2001, 12:44 PM   #2
minnieandmickey
Queen of the run on sentence!

Have you tried priceline.com, we did on our trip in Aug. My son and I were coming into San Pedro after a cruise and my husband and daughter met us there before we went to DL/DCA for the weekend. I got him the Hilton for $50 that night, and he said it was absolutely beautiful. If you don't know how to, go to priceline put in a city that you would think you would be stopping for the night and select the type of hotel you want, anywhere from economy to deluxe , we chose the 3 star one , put in the amount you want to pay, and in minutes you have an answer on whether or not you have it. Of course you have to pay in advance for it, and you can't get a refund if you don't like the area it's in , but don't be afraid to start in the higher section (3 star) and see what you can get.
My life at Disney: DL - started in 1978 too many times to count. First time AP holder in 2012, spent a total of 14 days! WDW- 10th anniversary- May 1999(Dixie Landings), 2005(off site),2006(POP/POFQ),2007(WLV),2008(AKV),2011(OKW) DCL- 3 day Bahamas Wonder 2002, 4 Day Bahamas Wonder 2006, 7 day Western Caribbean Magic 2007, 20 days on the Magic 2008, B2B Panama Canal and 5 day double dip, Sarah's gradapalooza 4 day Bahamas on the Dream and 7 Day Eastern Caribbean on the Magic 2011, DLP, October 2013
Up next Best Aunt and Uncle WDW/DCL, taking DNiece on her first trip!, WBPC Cruise, May 2015, KK Reunion Cruise, Eastern Caribbean, October 2015
minnieandmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2001, 01:28 PM   #3
jlima
Beep Beep!

There is no half-way on I-5. Just a few scattered road-side clumps of businesses. You aren't going to have much to choose from, so I would make sure that you have a reservation. If you go no-stop on the I-5, you should be able to make it in about 6 hours. On the other hand, if you take US 99 or US 101 you will have a lot of options on where to stop, etc. It will take you longer though. You might want to consider taking 99 or 101 for your first leg, and then cutting over to I-5 in the morining.
jlima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2001, 10:39 AM   #4
Peter Pan Fan
Mouseketeer

There is a Shiloh Inn at the Apricot Tree which is in Firebaugh right off of I-5. We stayed here once, it is a no-frills motel, but was very clean and we (my mom and I) felt very safe there. I checked on yahoo, and according to them it is about 2 hrs 45 minutes from San Jose, so it may not be exactly 1/2 way, but it is close. I would stay there again. Good Luck!

Susan
Peter Pan Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2001, 11:44 AM   #5
Uncle Buck
I want to go back to my fish and poi

The food at the Apricot Tree was pretty good the one time I visited there. You may also want to look into the Inn at Harris Ranch. Good eats to be had there, plus what looks to be very nice accommodations.

<a href="http://www.harrisranch.com" target="_blank">Harris Ranch website</a>
Uncle Buck is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: