Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2005, 03:26 PM   #1
cascarlet
Mouseketeer

Talking Our WDW Adventure a Californian POV

I thought it would be fun to write a trip report in my BLOG and on disboards so I can share all of the adventures and memories we had on our recent vacation to Florida and Walt Disney World.

First off, being from California a frequent Disneyland attender we had no idea what to expect and what was in store for us at WDW. I had been to WDW 15 years ago with my ex husband on our honeymoon so my recollection was a bit hazy and there was SO MUCH more new stuff there since then. Plus I did not have my kiddies with me which always make your Disney experience so much different.

The cast of this wonderful adventure:

DH- Leo (40)- Elementary School Principal Extraordinaire, Goofy reincarnated, My Disney Soulmate
ME - Marianne (30 something)- Scrapbook entrepreneur, Mickey FANATIC
DS (13) Brandon - All around great kid, mumbles a lot, video game addict, Disney makes him smile which warms Mom's heart
DD (6) Maggie Kate - Sweetheart, DIVA, Drama Princess (I'm a Drama Princess, not a Drama Queen MOMMY!) , STITCH LOVER (can recite word for word Lilo and Stitch movie) ,afraid of almost every ride in Disney

I'm going to add a few pictures, but excuse the quality since on the first day of our great adventure my dh LOST his backpack with our camera so all of the photos were taken with disposible cameras that we had to purchase in the park SIGH and the pictures turned out pretty bad. SO DH has to take us back to WDW because I need to get some good pictures. I'm a scrapbooker after all!

Day 1 Magic Kingdom and Paradise Lost
Day 2 MGM and the search for STITCH
Day 3 Quest for the Almighty Churro

Last edited by cascarlet; 08-18-2005 at 03:28 PM.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:16 PM   #2
Shelby5514
John Taylor is my guilty pleasure!
If I didn't know any better, I would think my DH is pregnant!
Thinner Thighs Cometh

Location: Close enough to go for the day, but far enough to not have to deal with the tourists! ;)

I LOVE trip reports with pictures!!! YEA!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-20-2005, 06:53 PM   #3
jugglinfish
Mouseketeer

Keep it coming

Ok - I loved your first day report! I laughed outloud about the red state reminder! And your daughter , what a riot that she refused to ride the same rides she loved in DL. I'm looking forward to the rest of the report.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:34 PM   #4
Mary Anne
Not sure what season that is
I couldn't figure this out It was driving me crazy

I have enjoyed your first day report too. Interesting we were just in Disneyland for the first time and I commented on how most of the FL rides in Calif were half in / half out while in DW they are all inside. I knew exactly what your daughter was talking about.

I'm sorry about your backpack. Usually you always get stuff back in Disney. You'll just have to plan another trip.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:56 AM   #5
Minniespal

The Original 'Free Spirit'
Who's Next??

Enjoyed reading your report ~ Thanx for posting.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:14 AM   #6
jjk

Pete and I wait and watch some lovely baby lizards
I have always booked myself
"Play Up Pompey"

Brilliant report sounds like you had fun

[/IMG]

2000 Disneyland paris 2003 Ramada inn 2004 Quality inn plaza2005 Cumbrian lakes2006 Emerald Island July and December2007 Emerald Island May and July2008 Emerald Island and Contemporary Resort2009 Saratoga Springs 2010 Animal Kingdom lodge2011HRH Animal KingdomLodge 2012Holiday inn Miami ocean front /Animal Kingdom lodge

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: