Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 08:28 PM   #841
Finally08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgleine View Post
i agree with you there! he had a radio, so i assumed he was right..... you never know... yes, the other party was the same i didnt even have my wristband on and i was being yelled at. like i was getting it on, some girl was standing next to me and i was being yelled at for "posing with her" um no, i was putting on my glove from my finger scan and getting a band put on, that is one sexy cinderella pose right there. lol!!!!!
Oh geez, that's what happened the night we entered with y'all. I went into the gate and wanted to turn left towards everyone and I was being screamed at from the right "GET YOUR WRISTBAND HERE!!! COME OVER HERE AND GET YOUR WRISTBAND!!!" WTH was wrong with those people. It was a very "unDisney" night as far as CMs went, that's for sure.
Nov 2008 - With Twilight friends in DisneylandMay 2009 - The family returns to WDW! Contemporary
June 2009 - Girls dance trip / All Star MoviesFeb 14-21 2010 Wilderness Lodge Nov 18-27 2010 Pop Century - just me and my girlMay 18-31 2011 Pop Century - just me and my girl, aka "the queen of the kingdom"October 2011 - Family Halloween fun!!Nov. 26-30 '11 trip to visit Flynn!Dec 28- Jan 8 '12 NYE Madness
Sept 27-Oct 2 2012 - Enchanted MNSSHP
Finally08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:16 PM   #842
cgattis
DIS Veteran

Hey RunDanceSkate! You guys were in line for the princesses when we were. I commented to DH that I wondered if you'd made that awesome dress! We were Rapunzel (DD, with the real hair), Mother Gothel (me), a little ruffian/thug (DS), and Flynn (DH). Special note--this is the first full costume DH has worn since he was a kid!!! So proud of him!!
cgattis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 01:45 AM   #843
dotcomgirl
Earning My Ears

My friend/co-worker and I are headed to MNSSHP next Thursday. It will be her first visit to WDW and she agreed to dress up with me! I will be Buzz Lightyear and she will be Woody. I was originally going to be Russell from Up but when I heard she chose to go as Woody, I just had to change to Buzz!

We are making our costumes. Here is my progress so far. I made the jet pack out of cardboard and scrapbook paper and I made the chest plate out of foam and felt. I hope it all comes together like I imagine!

dotcomgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:42 AM   #844
princess_ariel_85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_ariel_85 View Post
I'll be going as Ariel and DH is apparently going as Linguini from Ratatouille
Okay, so we went to the party on the 14th of Sept and we did go as Ariel and Linguini. We got a lot of lovely comments and loads of CMs and guests got a kick out of James' hat.

Old 10-09-2012, 09:50 AM   #845
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_ariel_85 View Post
Okay, so we went to the party on the 14th of Sept and we did go as Ariel and Linguini. We got a lot of lovely comments and loads of CMs and guests got a kick out of James' hat.

Nice!

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:08 AM   #846
Pumbaa7287
I am the great Stone Dragon!
You may ask why someone would want to inflict that kind of pain on themselves

Don't have pictures just yet, but my fiancee and I will be there on Halloween night going as two of our favorite Disney characters. I'll be Russell from UP, and she's working on a Mama Odi costume (Princess and the Frog).

For the Russell costume, I used a tutorial from a site called Chariots of Ire and made the merit badges using pixar's design art, some sticker paper, furniture felt pads, and white spraypaint. In total I made 95 of Russell's badges, and didn't know some of them are actually pixar shoutouts (One is a green badge with a big eye in the middle for Mike Wazowski, for example). I also have a small backpack with the flag sticking out of it with the Wilderness Explorer's logo, and a yellow hat and polo also adorned with the logo, and some tan shorts to finish it off.

So far for DF's costume we have a white toga, need to get a white poncho to go over it (not a rain poncho, but the Mexican-style) and we've bought some fake gold jewlery and sunglasses. We still need the white turban to finish this one off, if anyone has suggestions.

Kungaloosh!

Oh the places you'll go:
Animal Kingdom Lodge, Beach Club, Old Key West, Wilderness Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans Resort, Saratoga Springs, All-Star Movies, Pop Century

And miles to go before I sleep:
Boardwalk Inn, Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Yacht Club, All-Star Music, All-Star Sports, Art of Animation

10 down, 8 to go!
Pumbaa7287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:27 AM   #847
wheatly
Bringing Sarcasm to Everyday Conversation While Earning My Ears

Location: Sunny (And Humid) Florida: About 2 hrs (132 miles) from the Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finally08 View Post
Oh geez, that's what happened the night we entered with y'all. I went into the gate and wanted to turn left towards everyone and I was being screamed at from the right "GET YOUR WRISTBAND HERE!!! COME OVER HERE AND GET YOUR WRISTBAND!!!" WTH was wrong with those people. It was a very "unDisney" night as far as CMs went, that's for sure.
I guess I'm glad that I'm not dressing up as a Disney character now! My mom and I decided on Universal characters instead (she as the Fairy Godmother and I as Puss in Boots). I hope that nobody else will have any issues with their Disney-themed costumes!

"Who told you that you were naked?" -God, Genesis 3:11
"You only 'ZING' once in your life" -Hotel Transylvania

Me: DM: DSD: DNephew:
wheatly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:16 PM   #848
kmadams
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finally08 View Post
Friday night no one cared and it was a total free for all with photos... We even had a lot of CMs stoP us. But Sunday was a different beast and we were repeatedly fussed at by CMs and told we couldn't even stop and let anyone take a photo *of* us... We felt so rude all night.
I saw your costume as well on Friday, so amazing. I confess I did take a quick picture of you while you were waiting for the princess and frog characters, still blown away by it!! Too bad the CM's did that to you on Sunday, it's no fun to tell people no, we experienced this when dressed up at Star Wars weekend as well.

Char and Rolli (the cats!)

and Alexa and Charlie (the kids!)
kmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:05 PM   #849
kgleine
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finally08

I get that it was a tad hectic but really! There were wrist bands by us too! I was just more irritated with being yelled at when we weren't even doing anything wrong
kgleine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:23 PM   #850
Finally08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmadams View Post
I saw your costume as well on Friday, so amazing. I confess I did take a quick picture of you while you were waiting for the princess and frog characters, still blown away by it!! Too bad the CM's did that to you on Sunday, it's no fun to tell people no, we experienced this when dressed up at Star Wars weekend as well.
Kim, would you mind sharing it? I'd love to have it! As the holder of the camera, I'm not in many photos and my dress is toast now so I'd love to have any photos of it I can find.
Nov 2008 - With Twilight friends in DisneylandMay 2009 - The family returns to WDW! Contemporary
June 2009 - Girls dance trip / All Star MoviesFeb 14-21 2010 Wilderness Lodge Nov 18-27 2010 Pop Century - just me and my girlMay 18-31 2011 Pop Century - just me and my girl, aka "the queen of the kingdom"October 2011 - Family Halloween fun!!Nov. 26-30 '11 trip to visit Flynn!Dec 28- Jan 8 '12 NYE Madness
Sept 27-Oct 2 2012 - Enchanted MNSSHP
Finally08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:16 PM   #851
kgleine
Mouseketeer

the lighting was horrible. i look so tan

a monorail full of princesses!!

Last edited by kgleine; 10-09-2012 at 10:22 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:13 AM   #852
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

kgleine - you all look amazing!

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:06 AM   #853
AndreaDM
Yeah...we mainly colored that day

kgleine, has anyone ever told you that you look like the singer Pink? I think you do!
AndreaDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:20 PM   #854
kgleine
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDM
kgleine, has anyone ever told you that you look like the singer Pink? I think you do!
Nope never got that

Thanks!!!
Old 10-11-2012, 08:06 PM   #855
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

I'm going to be a Fairy Godmother (I'm too old to be a princess! LOL) I made my own tutu, which was amazingly easy...it comes to my knees, I didn't want something real short,

and I'm going to wear a pink shirt and wings with it.

But my favorite is my "fairy shoes" (I'm a shoe ho)...I'll probably never wear them again, but they are so pretty!!

I'm already planning on next year's costume (I want to lose some weight first) I want to dress like the evil queen in Snow White and the Huntsman. I love MNSSHP!!

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: