Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2012, 11:42 AM   #781
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaMRoberts View Post
I Micheal's I've seen big packs of large rhinestones (with purple) with different sizes, and shapes. I don't think I've ever seen them bigger than 1inch to 1 1/2. the only thing I find on line is
http://www.consumercrafts.com/store/...-back/1075-20c

and
http://www.consumercrafts.com/store/...-back/1999-669

Good Luck!
Thank you

maryj11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:54 AM   #782
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryj11 View Post
Thank you
I've seen big buckets of those flatback jewels at Hobby Lobby too. I had to buy an entire bucket of them to get the one I wanted for my daughter's Jasmine costume a few years ago.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2012, 09:34 PM   #783
ShhhQ
DIS Veteran

My Costume didn't turn out as good as I imagined... but did get a few turned heads... that is until it fell apart halfway thru the party...lol

Sad to say that a trip to Disney and the scariest ride you went on was a bus ride!!!
Enjoy your vacation, you may never know when your last vacation will end up being your LAST VACATION!!
ShhhQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:46 PM   #784
daretheghost
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by theparsons View Post
What did you make your umbrella from? Looks really real!
A lot of people asked me this, and it was actually super simple! I found a wooden dowel rod at a craft store and spray-painted it black. I got a pack of pipecleaners, made them into L-shapes and used electrical tape to attach them in groups of 10. I folded the ends back a little so I wouldn't take anyone's eye out and used some more electrical tape to make a 'grip' to hold onto so the paint wouldn't rub off all over my hands. All in all, I think it cost me about $5-6.

I thought it might be awkward to hold onto all night, but it was actually pretty nice to have. I had slung my candy bag over it (hobo style) and carried it around like that all night. It was a little awkward to handle during the parade and fireworks, though, since I didn't want to block anyone's view--I ended up putting it pipecleaner-side-down on the ground.

I got a ton of compliments on it all night from guests, Cast, and characters and had an incredible amount of fun--all I needed was a Mary!
daretheghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:59 PM   #785
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
I've seen big buckets of those flatback jewels at Hobby Lobby too. I had to buy an entire bucket of them to get the one I wanted for my daughter's Jasmine costume a few years ago.
Ok thanks

Old 09-20-2012, 10:57 PM   #786
Figment43
Mouseketeer

I decided to go as Merida. I've got a green dress, red wig, and a brown belt. I haven't decided what to do about the footwear. I have brown boots, but I'm afraid those might be uncomfortable to walk in after a while. I may just get a pair of black tennis shoes. Nobody is really going to look at my feet anyway, right?

Figment43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:54 AM   #787
natasha423
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel4135

My daughter didn't want to do a full costume so she will be "geek chic" R2D2.. We have a few additions but it is coming along!
Well this is actually pretty cool!!!
natasha423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:55 PM   #788
kgleine
Mouseketeer

done with charming!!
kgleine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:07 PM   #789
andyman8
DIS Veteran

My costume from last night's visit to MNSSHP!

FYI: I didn't take this picture.

Courtesy of Disney Dispatch
Walt Disney World Resort: June 2014 (GF), March 2014 (Day-Trip), January 2014 (Pop[/COLOR], AoA, & Half-Marathon), November 2013 (YC & W&D Half-Marathon), October 2013 (GF), June 2013 (Polynesian), January 2013 (POR & Half-Marathon) December 2012 (Rosen Shingle Creek), July 2012 (GF), June 2011 (CR), March 2011 (Day-Trip), July 2004 (GF), April 2004 (FW), December 2003 (DoubleTree & MVMCP), October 2003 (DoubleTree & MNSSHP), August 2003 (DoubleTree), June 2003 (WL), February 2003 (Embassy Suites) January 2003 (DoubleTree), September 2002 (AKL), July 2002 (DoubleTree), March 2002 (DoubleTree), January 2002 (CR), November 2001 (DoubleTree), May 2001 (DoubleTree), February 2001 (DoubleTree), January 2001 (DoubleTree), April 2000 (DoubleTree), February 1998 (Quality Inn & Suites)

Universal Orlando Resort: October 2012 (RPR), September 2011 (HRH), July 2010 (RPR), March 2010 (RPR), February 2010 (Day-Trip), September 2009 (HRH), January 2008 (HRH), June 2006 (PBH)

Disneyland Resort: August 2012 (Day-Trip), August 2009 (Day-Trip)

Upcoming: Disneyland July 2014 (GCH), Walt Disney World October 2013 (Dolphin & ToT 10-Miler)

Member of the PeopleMover Appreciation Society, Official MyMagic+ Info & FAQ Thread, and Printable Theme Park Maps
andyman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:26 PM   #790
TeresaMRoberts
I'm Going to Disney World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgleine

done with charming!!
Very nice im accutally still up working on my son's prince charming as we speak I still have a good few solid days left on it. I dont know if I have a pants pattern his size yet either? Im still working on the jacket
great job!
TeresaMRoberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:57 PM   #791
kgleine
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaMRoberts View Post
Very nice im accutally still up working on my son's prince charming as we speak I still have a good few solid days left on it. I dont know if I have a pants pattern his size yet either? Im still working on the jacket
great job!
3 words. red skinny jeans.
kgleine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:08 AM   #792
piraterunner
Mouseketeer

Received my costume by mail today, talk about down to the wire we leave Friday. We are attending MNSSHP on October 4th. I originally wanted to be Ursula or Maleficent but when I went to the costume store to try on the official Disney licensed ones I was so disappointed. They were so cheap looking and poorly made. They looked nothing like the pics online. Two years ago I bought a really nice deluxe Mad Hatter costume and loved the quality so this year I seen that they had a beautiful Snow White one from the same company. The problem was only one store had it in stock the rest were on back order so I had to have it shipped from Arizona. Being a Canadian I was so scared it would get stuck at customs and I would have no costume I am debating on getting a wig, worried I'll be too hot and bothered by it.

My husband didn't pull the panel out when doing up the corset so my bra is showing will make sure it is proper for the woohoo:

My daughter is going to be Minnie Mouse and husband will be a pirate
piraterunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:46 PM   #793
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by piraterunner View Post
Received my costume by mail today, talk about down to the wire we leave Friday. We are attending MNSSHP on October 4th. I originally wanted to be Ursula or Maleficent but when I went to the costume store to try on the official Disney licensed ones I was so disappointed. They were so cheap looking and poorly made. They looked nothing like the pics online. Two years ago I bought a really nice deluxe Mad Hatter costume and loved the quality so this year I seen that they had a beautiful Snow White one from the same company. The problem was only one store had it in stock the rest were on back order so I had to have it shipped from Arizona. Being a Canadian I was so scared it would get stuck at customs and I would have no costume I am debating on getting a wig, worried I'll be too hot and bothered by it.

My husband didn't pull the panel out when doing up the corset so my bra is showing will make sure it is proper for the woohoo:

Love it I have decided to be Jasmine without the belly showing

Old 09-23-2012, 01:29 PM   #794
ellie05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by piraterunner View Post

This is the costume I wanted but when I looked for it everyone was sold out, so I plan on something else. Now they have it but DH will kill me if I buy this costume too. Plus he doesn't want to be a prince . Maybe I can convince him to do it ...

Last edited by ellie05; 09-24-2012 at 12:53 AM.
ellie05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:51 PM   #795
Jules~Marie
Mouseketeer

This is what I'm going as on 10/4! I just ordered it today, I hope it looks as good on me as it does in this picture! lol I need to figure out what shoes/boots to wear though, I want to be comfy.

I'm so excited as this is our first time going to the party!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: