Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2005, 03:03 PM   #1
disneyberry
dreaming of adventure
DVC Member 2003

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Book MYW Free Dining now. If drop days later, will I still get the Free Dining Promo?

I'm thinking about booking the MYW w/ Free Dining Package before the deal is over. The thing is, I'm not 100% sure how many days DBF will be able to get off work. Ideally, we'd want to go in late Sept for a week-long trip, 7 or 8 nights.

Does anyone know if I can book the 7 or 8 nights right now, and if later for some reason, DBF can't get approval for that long a vacation, can I call WDTC and modify the reservation to drop some days from the package, but still keep the free dining deal?

I know there's a 45-day rule, so we'd try to finalize everything before that 45-day cutuff, to avoid any change fee. It's just now, we're still about 3mos out, and it's too soon to know 100% if we can go for that long.

What I'm worried about is if we can drop 2 or 3 nights off the package, and still keep the promotion. Also, what if we had to drop some nights off the end and the beginning? Or are you only allowed to modify one end of the stay?

I have yet to book a package through Disney (always did room-only and now DVC), so apologies for being a newbie again at this stuff... TIA for your help.
DLP Hotel Santa Fe + DLP Sequoia Lodge Jun 02 | Dolphin + Animal Kingdom Lodge + Boardwalk Villas Oct 02 |
USF Portofino Bay + Old Key West + Villas at Wilderness Lodge Jun 03 | Boardwalk Villas Nov 03 |
Port Orleans French Quarter May 04 | Coronado Springs + Boardwalk Villas Oct 05 | Beach Club Villas Mar 07 |
Swan Jun 07 *Got Engaged! | Boardwalk Villas Oct 07 | Coronado Springs + Beach Club Villas Aug 08 |
Coronado Springs + Boardwalk Villas Oct 08 *Our Disney Fairy Tale Wedding! | Animal Kingdom Villas Nov 10

Link to old DVC Points Transfer 101 Thread
Sorry! Too busy to update this old 2005 info.
disneyberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 07:14 PM   #2
srfrgrl07
Mouseketeer

you can modify and still keep the free dining..just do it before the 45 days like you said so you don't pay the fees.
srfrgrl07 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2005, 01:04 AM   #3
MommyBou
Earning My Ears

I have been looking all over for info on this. So glad to see someone else had this question too!

Here's a second question to add onto that one... If you decide to change resorts, will you still be able to keep the free dining package? Probably more likely if you upgrade?

THANKS!
MommyBou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 11:25 AM   #4
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyBou
I have been looking all over for info on this. So glad to see someone else had this question too!

Here's a second question to add onto that one... If you decide to change resorts, will you still be able to keep the free dining package? Probably more likely if you upgrade?

THANKS!
I don't know for sure, but there was some talk that each resort was only alotted a certain number of the free dining pkgs and that some of the resorts had already run out. I booked mine 06/06/05 and even at that time there were some posts that certain resorts were no longer available for it.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: