Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2005, 04:41 PM   #1
mskeshaffer
Earning My Ears

Do they check ID's at DL?

I will be going to DL for the first time since 1998. How has security changed since 9/11? Do they ID you? (no finger scans, right? I have heard some very crazy things... ) What about kids? I will be purchasing park hoppers, do we sign them or anything? Thanks!
mskeshaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 05:24 PM   #2
Buzz79
Earning My Ears

no they dont check ID's at Disneyland
Buzz79 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2005, 05:33 PM   #3
PryncessChrysty
This sounds like a fun game
Loves doing puzzles

They don't check ID's but there are kiosks on either side of the entrance ways into DL & DCA (on the Downtown Disney side, and the Lion King tram side) where they do bag checks before you can get in to the midway. I'm not sure about park hoppers as we just usually have an AP, but I'm pretty sure I read on here recently that you do have to sign them.

HTH, have a great trip!

DL Local / / WDW Vet / / Instagram: PracticallyPeachy & DisneyFoodies

PryncessChrysty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 02:19 AM   #4
lntsmom
Soarin' is addictive!
I got home and realized I only got 3 sets of arms

No ID...they do check your bags as you go in.

There was some confusion about that. One CM told us we had to hand everything to her, but not open it. Another told us to leave our fannypacks on, but have them open. A third told my son he didn't need to have his checked at all. It wasn't a problem...didn't delay our entry at all.

As to signing the tickets. Yes, I did. Here's why. I also kept copies of my confirmation e-mails for my orders and I recorded our ticket numbers. My thinking was, should one or all of the tickets be lost or destroyed, I had a TON of documentation and I think they would have been more likely to replace them than had I just shown up and said, "Oops, lost tickets!"

Luckily, I held onto the tickets with no problem. I'll admit, I was a little leary because they are paper, instead of plastic like the ones we'd had at WDW.

BTW...I signed all of the tickets, since the order was in my name.
lntsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 03:13 AM   #5
Tamickey
Mouseketeer

We had APs and they certainly wanted ID when they were issued and pic taken. Every time we went into the parks they looked at the pic on the pass and looked at our faces. The security check moved very quickly, plenty of security folks.
Tamickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 12:02 PM   #6
BigPigletFan
I am Piglet hear my Rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamickey
We had APs and they certainly wanted ID when they were issued and pic taken. Every time we went into the parks they looked at the pic on the pass and looked at our faces. The security check moved very quickly, plenty of security folks.
Yes, because it is the only way they can make sure it's you. That caught me off guard when I first bought my AP. But no finger printing or anything for sure! They don't track you THAT much at Disneyland just yet. Same goes for park hoppers, just keep a hold of them and you should be fine. And no ID checking... unless you buy alcohol in DCA.
BigPigletFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 02:05 PM   #7
raidermatt
Beware of the dark side. Anger...fear...aggression. The dark side of the Force are they.

Quote:
And no ID checking... unless you buy alcohol in DCA.
...or if you pay with a credit card at dining/restaurant and merchandise locations, though its not consistent.

Last edited by raidermatt; 06-30-2005 at 06:22 PM.
raidermatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 04:58 PM   #8
BigPigletFan
I am Piglet hear my Rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidermatt
...or if you pay with a credit card at dining/restaurant locations, though its not consistent.
Actually they check your ID for any credit purchase. Since cards and stuff can be lost so easily ... it doesn't hurt. Even if your signature is written as clear as day... So just be prepared for that.
BigPigletFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 06:20 PM   #9
raidermatt
Beware of the dark side. Anger...fear...aggression. The dark side of the Force are they.

I'm guessing that's their policy, but in practice, they don't do it consistently. Or at least they didn't ask me consistently. Probably about 2/3 to 3/4 of the time.

Like most places, they rarely compare your signature on the back of the card with how you actually signed the charge slip, which is the only verification credit card companies require for most transactions. The idea there is if you have a stolen card, you're not going to be able to match the signature while quickly signing a charge slip (that's why credit card companies tell you to immediately sign your card. If its stolen while blank, anybody can sign it in their handwriting and the signatures will match).

But they do at least usually look at you after looking at your picture on the ID, giving at least the impression that if you had stolen both the card and ID, they would notice it. That's a step most other places that ask for ID don't bother with. They usually just look at the names to see if they match.

But yes, bottom line is that if you use a credit card, you should be prepared to show your ID as well.
Old 07-01-2005, 06:19 AM   #10
DisneyTart
Mouseketeer

Just last Monday I did see a CM at the entrance gate ask to see the ID of guy with a signed ticket, the CM didn't ask anyone else in the party (thekids, the DW) just the guy. It would make sense that they might want to make sure the tickets weren't being "shared".

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: