Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Online Games > Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Museum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2005, 03:06 PM   #1
JeanJoe
VMK Community Leader!

VMK Kellogg's cereal spotting in Boston

First things first: Do NOT go out and buy any: READ FIRST

Was in a Target in Boston and saw Kellogg's Tony's Cinnamon Krunchers, 16.3 oz with a VMK logo on front, and pathetic human being that I am, immediately bought 2 boxes, taste untasted. No other VMK labelled cereals were evident.

The box has the VMK logo on the front upper right of the box, making it easy to spot.

Left side panel, top half, is an advertisement for VMK, just describing the games.

Back of box is nearly full-page for both VMK as well as a $4.99 Pirates' skull mouse offer. The VMK part states:
Quote:
Look inside! Get special pirate powers in Disney's new online game
- log-on at VirtualMagicKingdom.com to create your character ...(snip)
- test your skills in the awesome cannon-blasting Pirates of the Caribbean adventure
- Enter the secret code printed in this box to get one of three special powers exclusively from specially-marked Kellogg's cereals!

Plus Get your own Pirate Room
Exclusive offer! Start your adventure at www.KelloggsFunKTown-vmk.com, out interactive website for kids, and you'll get a bonus Pirate Party Room to use at VirtualMagicKingdom.com
All this sounded great, which is why I bought two boxes. Now, I've heard that the Kellogg's website for the room (which is the Skull Rock Pirate Room, pictures posted at another board) is not yet open, probably until July.

The big disappointment: printer on the inside of the box was the secret code, which is identical to the one posted on the stickied thread for Buried in Treasure (KLS9 R569 9RJK CLUG), although it is mis-labelled in the box as for Cursed Storm. So, I'd recommend NOT buying any Cinnamon Krunchers for more codes.

Also, info about how to enter the code for "Cursed Storm" (wrong) and how to activate it in-game.

The useful news: also in the inside of the box was:
Quote:
Look for Pirate Power Codes in these specially-marked packages
- Pirate costume code: 13.5 oz Kellogg's Rice Krispies and 11 oz Kellogg's Apple Jacks
- Cursed storm code: 15 oz Kellogg's Fruit Loops and 16.3 oz Kellogg's Tony's Cinnamon Krunchers (sic)
- Buried in Treasure: 15 oz Kellogg's Apple Jacks and 10 oz Kellogg's Rice Krispies
This is very useful information to minimize the amount of overly-sweetened cereals you will feel compelled to force-feed your loved ones. Although obviously, they've already made an error in that the one available public code was labelled for Cursed Storm, but activated Buried in Treasure.

As the other boxes are sighted, please post here or in the stickied codes thread which cereal, which box size, which code, and which prize you got.

It does appear that the cereal codes will all be identical, so there will be no problem with sharing them (unlike the in-park one-time use prize codes).

Hope this helps everyone.

Oh, and the cereal is... very sweet. Oh well. It'll be fun to watch my 3-year-old bouncing off the walls and ceilings.

2004 Disney Wonder - 2005 Joined DVC BWV - 2009 Disney Magic - 2009 Joined DVC BLT - 2011 Disney Magic - 2013 Disney Fantasy - 2013 ABD China

Last edited by JeanJoe; 06-26-2005 at 03:12 PM.
JeanJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 03:11 PM   #2
marypops!
Sponsered by Powergen!
This song is ending, but the story will never end
But I guess my dreams faded into sepia-tone somewhere along the way...

are you sure the website is right?
checked it and doesn't look right

Your life can depend on this. Don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're dead. They are fast, faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back, Don't look away and Don't Blink. Good luck.
i found the meaning of life in the dictionary
marypops! is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2005, 03:14 PM   #3
JeanJoe
VMK Community Leader!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marypops!
are you sure the website is right?
checked it and doesn't look right
Edited the mis-typed site to take out an extra d. Please excuse me, because once again, I am posting about VMK after being up for 32 hours straight.

2004 Disney Wonder - 2005 Joined DVC BWV - 2009 Disney Magic - 2009 Joined DVC BLT - 2011 Disney Magic - 2013 Disney Fantasy - 2013 ABD China
Old 06-26-2005, 03:22 PM   #4
marypops!
Sponsered by Powergen!
This song is ending, but the story will never end
But I guess my dreams faded into sepia-tone somewhere along the way...

ok
looks like the website isn't up yet

Your life can depend on this. Don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're dead. They are fast, faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back, Don't look away and Don't Blink. Good luck.
i found the meaning of life in the dictionary
marypops! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 03:23 PM   #5
Astryd
Even she thinks she is cute
never doubted the tag fairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanJoe
Oh, and the cereal is... very sweet. Oh well. It'll be fun to watch my 3-year-old bouncing off the walls and ceilings.

I've been BOOd by WildernessBride
Astryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 05:58 PM   #6
cobbler

Tag #1: (Under Construction: Waiting for cobbler to say something worth tagging! )

Tag #2: Beat husband in a debate

Quote:
Edited the mis-typed site to take out an extra d. Please excuse me, because once again, I am posting about VMK after being up for 32 hours straight.
32 hours straight?? What in the world are you doing?? You need to go to bed.

Jan '00 - CBR / Dec '01 - CSR / Dec '03 - POR / Dec '04 - Pop & Sports / Oct '05 - POFQ / Nov '05 - 1st trip home to SSR / Nov '06 - CR Tower / Jan '07 - BWV
Oct '07 - SSMC07 & SSR / Nov '07 - ASMo / Apr '08 - AKV & ASMu / Sept '08 - SSMC08 & CBR / Nov '08 - GF /May '09 - DCL & YC /Oct '09 - SSR / Dec '09 - OKW & DCL
Apr '10 - GCV / Oct '10 - OKW / Dec '11 - VWL / Jan '12 -SSR / May '12 -Poly Concierge / Sept '12 - Grand Californian Concierge / Jan '13 - SSR

Disney Races:
Oct '07 - ToT 6.5K / May '08 - Minnie 15K / Sept '08 - EE 5K / Sept '09 - EE 5K / Oct '09 - RFTT / Oct '10 - W&D 1/2 Marathon / Jan '12 - Donald / Sept '12 - Disneyland half
Jan '13 - Goofy Challenge
cobbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 09:29 PM   #7
Maleficent2
DIS Veteran

yes you really should get some sleep Joe

sweet dreams and no dreaming about VMK! ya hear!

Mal

Maleficent2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 09:37 PM   #8
JeanJoe
VMK Community Leader!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleficent2
sweet dreams and no dreaming about VMK! ya hear!

Mal
(..VMK nightmare.. got 5-star invisibility / fireworks / dance inferno / teleportation / buried in treasure / pirate costume / cursed storm .. traded it away for 2 Ned's and a yeti.. aahhh!)

See you all around!

Old 06-26-2005, 10:25 PM   #9
Maleficent2
DIS Veteran

also meant to say thanks for the Kellogg info

very detailed reporting!

thanks

Mal

Maleficent2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 11:02 PM   #10
MicMin
Grants Sparkling Wishes

Thanks for the information.
MicMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 06:30 PM   #11
Apeman
going to be CL_Apeman in vmk

[QUOTE=JeanJoe](..VMK nightmare.. got 5-star invisibility / fireworks / dance inferno / teleportation / buried in treasure / pirate costume / cursed storm .. traded it away for 2 Ned's and a yeti.. aahhh!)

i had a vmk nightmare when i gave all my new codes for tiki tiki pin i had 32 codes that was a bad dream
Apeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 06:43 PM   #12
Apeman
going to be CL_Apeman in vmk

Was in a Target in Boston and saw Kellogg's Tony's Cinnamon Krunchers, 16.3 oz with a VMK logo on front, and pathetic human being that I am, immediately bought 2 boxes, taste untasted. No other VMK labelled cereals were evident.
I am also in MA but there is no kellogg's vmk boxes not one i have looke every were not one box i wish i can make one magicly apper
Apeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 11:57 AM   #13
KrAzYmEe
ME MYSELF & I

here u go a pirate magic pin code MTNQ-JDL9-AKT7-99BE
KrAzYmEe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 05:33 PM   #14
Jackoman
I wonder if the Tag Fairy has been to Disneyland before...
Yes I have :)

Quote:
(..VMK nightmare.. got 5-star invisibility / fireworks / dance inferno / teleportation / buried in treasure / pirate costume / cursed storm .. traded it away for 2 Ned's and a yeti.. aahhh!)

See you all around!
What A Terrible Nightmare! Those Ned And Yeti Pins Sure Are Useless!
You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it, is another dimension. A dimension of sound. A dimension of sight. A dimension of mind. You are moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas, you have just crossed over into...The Twilight Zone.
Jackoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: