Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 03:13 PM   #3736
sweetp248
Earning My Ears

Smile Presents from Mickey

I thought I would share something that I do with my girls each time I go to disney. Before our trip I buy several Disney themed little gifts in advance, from dollar store or sometimes at Disney store (wherever you can find disney character things). Things like coloring books, disney cups, sunglasses, whatever I can find cheap. Every morning that we are in Disney my girls wake up to a special gift from Mickey. (kinda like the easter bunny and santa claus) They have come to expect it now, always anxious to see what Mickey is going to bring them.
The last time that I went, I didn't like the things I was finding at dollar store and didn't really want anymore junk. So I bought some Disney Bucks and typed out a letter in disney font, signed by Mickey Mouse and I printed it on Mickey scrapbook paper that I found at the craft store. The letter stated that Mickey was so excited to see them and was giving them money to buy something special at the parks. I figured we always end up buying them something at the parks anyway, a pin for trading or a toy at Toon town, so we just gave them the money and let them choose what to spend it on. It actually saved me some money and my girls thought it was the neatest thing. We now have a neat letter from Mickey to put in our scrapbooks.
Old 03-07-2010, 03:15 PM   #3737
sweetp248
Earning My Ears

ok, thanks for your help
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2010, 03:18 PM   #3738
weezy26nm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetp248 View Post
I thought I would share something that I do with my girls each time I go to disney. Before our trip I buy several Disney themed little gifts in advance, from dollar store or sometimes at Disney store (wherever you can find disney character things). Things like coloring books, disney cups, sunglasses, whatever I can find cheap. Every morning that we are in Disney my girls wake up to a special gift from Mickey. (kinda like the easter bunny and santa claus) They have come to expect it now, always anxious to see what Mickey is going to bring them.
The last time that I went, I didn't like the things I was finding at dollar store and didn't really want anymore junk. So I bought some Disney Bucks and typed out a letter in disney font, signed by Mickey Mouse and I printed it on Mickey scrapbook paper that I found at the craft store. The letter stated that Mickey was so excited to see them and was giving them money to buy something special at the parks. I figured we always end up buying them something at the parks anyway, a pin for trading or a toy at Toon town, so we just gave them the money and let them choose what to spend it on. It actually saved me some money and my girls thought it was the neatest thing. We now have a neat letter from Mickey to put in our scrapbooks.

This sounds like fun. See you are already up to 4. You will have 10 in no time.
Run Forest, Run!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2532107
Old 03-07-2010, 05:02 PM   #3739
Happy Mom2
DIS Veteran

GREAT idea!!! I am definitely doing this for my DD and DS!
Old 03-07-2010, 05:06 PM   #3740
Happy Mom2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the idea. I just might have to borrow that one.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:42 PM   #3741
kittycat9
Mouseketeer

Quote:
When we went to WDW last year, I used tips like this and made the trip so special for my boys. In the weeks preceding our trip, I watched the sales on the Disney Outlet, and managed to get BOGO stuffed animals, t-shirts for under $5, hats, all sorts of goodies - then coloring books for the road, and printables online. I'm already ahead of the game and working on a checklist for this year's trip. I'm hoping to make up a special explorers discovery book for my 6yo (almost 7 then), and maybe a more basic version for my 3yo (who will be closer to 4 by then) since we're staying at AKL. Last year when we went we bought DS his own DIGI camera, and I'm thinking it will come in handy for his explorer book this time around.

11.27 - 12.07.10 YC CL
Mar 2009 - POR
Nov 2001 - Off-site
Old 03-07-2010, 09:59 PM   #3742
Disney_bound2010
Mouseketeer

Looking to Pay it Forward! Want to be someones fairy godmailer!

Hi Everyone, well I just got lucky and found a nice family to become our first "Fairy Godmailer" for my children, and im looking to pay it forward!

We will be in Disney from 3/27-4/3 and I would love to be able to mail out 5 postcards from your childrens favorite character! The first 5 to respond will be chosen!

The reason for picking 5 well on the 26th we will be celebrating our sons 5th birthday *which will be on the road to disney during that time*

Old 03-07-2010, 10:07 PM   #3743
sweetp248
Earning My Ears

I would definitely love to have you be our fairy god mailer, I just need to get my 10 posts so I can pm you. We will be going in April
Old 03-07-2010, 10:11 PM   #3744
sweetp248
Earning My Ears

postcards

I am just curious about how this postcard thing works. Is it as simple as buying and sending postcards while you are in the parks?? I only ask because I figured I would buy a bunch while I am there this time and have them for the future. Is there any reason why they couldn't be sent from our hometown? As long as our children aren't old enough to pay attention to the postmark city??
Old 03-07-2010, 10:16 PM   #3745
sweetp248
Earning My Ears

abbreviations

where can I find the cheat sheet with all of the abbreviations? I am having a hard time understanding some of these posts with all the abbreviations. I had seen it somewhere and can't find it now.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:16 AM   #3746
josh0208
Mouseketeer

If anyone is looking for a fairy godmother...we will be at WDW 4/3 - 4/10. Please PM me. Thanks.

**Update 4/1***
Unfortunately, I have received my limit of requests. Hope everyone is able to get a FairyGodmailer. This is an awesome thing for the kiddos.

Hope every has a great WDW trip!!!

We leave on April 3rd, 2010 for 8 days!!!

Last edited by josh0208; 04-01-2010 at 10:10 AM.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:13 PM   #3747
Disney_bound2010
Mouseketeer

fairy godmailer

hi there i dont know how many messages you are up to, but i have opening for more families.... when are you going to be in disney in april, we are leaving 3/26 and coming back 4.4 so if that will work for you then i would be more than happy to do it.

Quote:
I would definitely love to have you be our fairy god mailer, I just need to get my 10 posts so I can pm you. We will be going in April
Old 03-08-2010, 08:49 PM   #3748
sweetp248
Earning My Ears

We will be there 4/22-4/25. I think I need a few more posts, though before I can pm you
Old 03-08-2010, 08:50 PM   #3749
sweetp248
Earning My Ears

ok, hopefully this is my last post. Once I reach 10 posts, then all I need to do is pm you??
Old 03-08-2010, 08:55 PM   #3750
sweetp248
Earning My Ears

Fairy godmailer up for grabs

Thanks to disney bound 2010 I have found my fairy godmailer. I will be in disney on 4/22-4/25 and would love to send postcards for anyone else. Please let me know if I can help
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: