Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2005, 09:28 PM   #121
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toystoryduo
Congratulations Mike!

Before you know it, you will be adding that 25 pound clippie to your signature!

You did a great job at the BBQ and at the movies yesterday! More victories for you! Yeah Mike!

Have a great Tuesday!
Thanks Tracy!! I had a long day and it is nice to finally log on and get good vibes! That clippie will be mine in no time!

Hope that you're having a great night!
Mike
Old 07-05-2005, 09:31 PM   #122
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerCheer2009
You did GREAT at the cookout Mike! I'm proud of you! And awesome losses! Great job! Movies are a great motivator aren't they?

Make this an awesome day!
Hi Jen!

Thanks! I love going to the movies, and I think I even fit in the seat a bit better this time! hehe!

Hope you had a great one!
Mike
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2005, 09:37 PM   #123
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenercam
Howard and I saw WOTW Friday night and I think I gouged his hand -- I was terrified. I am NOT into sci-fi or horror and definitely went to this movie because he wanted to see it. I remember seeing the previews and saying "Nuh uh, not me, ain't goin' and you can't make me." And then, what do I do? Have an opportunity for a date with my sweet hubby and fell right into it! UGH! I kept saying, "I am going to have nightmares." Fortunately, I didn't. Glad you enjoyed it.
I know you're in NY seeing Wicked as I write this Cam but I will respond through my jealous fog anyway! hehehehe! I definitely am with you about the nightmares part of WOTW, and I was totally teary at the end. I love a movie that provokes feeling, whatever the feeling is. I have not seen anything else great lately, but I have good hopes for the rest of the summer's films!

Mike
Old 07-05-2005, 09:42 PM   #124
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore25
Hi Mike,

Just got caught up on your journal. You did great this weekend. Congratulations on the weight loss......You will be at your goal weight in no time!!!!!!

Way to go on resisiting the food at the BBQ. Those are always tough. And if you have a family like mine, they just tell you, "oh a little bit of this or that isn't going to kill you." I get that all the time...Good for you though!

Keep up the good work and have a great day!
Even at this rate it would take me some time to get to my goal but I do appreciate the sentiment and know what you mean!
I think we do have the same family. The relatives who will scoop on the food to my plate and then while eating complain about my weight! They need help I think! LOL

Hope you are having a great night!
Mike
Old 07-05-2005, 09:48 PM   #125
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kardiebelle
Hi Mike I am a new poster for you. My name is kardiebelle and I am from Wisconsin. You caught my eye in the summer challenge board. I am getting caught up on your board and you are doing great. You are a inspiration to everyone. With the way you can resist food and try new things are a inspiration to me. You are changing your life one pound at a time. Great work. kardiebelle
Hi kardibelle,

Welcome aboard! hehe! Glad to see you posting here and i appreciate it so much! Don't worry, I may do good at resisting but believe me I have my weak moments, but I try to drown them in good old ice water! hehe

Hope that you have a happy & healthy evening!!
Mike
Old 07-05-2005, 09:53 PM   #126
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelyfaithsmommy
WOW MIKE, i'm so impressed with your loss!!! that's just GREAT!!! keep up the good work and KEEP ON SWIMMING! you're going to be down another 20# in no time at all!!!

hugs,
Jen
Hey Jen!!
Thanks so much for stopping by!! I know things are hectic for you so I definitely appreciate it! Another 20 sounds great, lets all do it!
Glad to see you are still swimming too! hehe

Have a great one!
Mike
Old 07-05-2005, 09:56 PM   #127
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisDon
Dude, that is OUTSTANDING!! You are on your way to a whole new life, its gonna be great! Keep on truckin'!!
Thanks dude!
Hope that you are keeping things going yourself. Did I just see on CNN that the Coca-Cola Bottling Company (they make Dr. P too right??) is filing for bankruptcy?? jk lol hehehehe!

Have a good one Don!
Mike
Old 07-05-2005, 09:57 PM   #128
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlieq
Oh my goodness! That's quite a loss!!! You should be really proud of yourself!!!

Sorry I've been MIA, but I just wanted to say you're doing a great job! Movies were a big hurdle for me too--I'm just so conditioned to eat there. But you handled it, and the BBQ, great!

Keep up the awesome work!!!
Hi Pearlieq! Thanks for your continued support! No worries about being "MIA", as long as you are doing well we all get too busy for this electric world every so often. (Yes, it is true! hehe)

Hope that you are having a happy & healthy eve!
Mike
Old 07-06-2005, 09:18 AM   #129
toystoryduo
Have I said anything clever??
Maybe not yet but I think I can. I think I can. I think I can

Hey Mike!

How did yesterday go for you? I hope it was a healthy and happy day!

By the way... did you know that Coke has an online contest where you can win a trip to WDW or Disneyland? I know that you're not drinking Coke anymore, but wouldn't it be cool to win a free vacation from them?

Last edited by toystoryduo; 07-06-2005 at 09:25 AM.
toystoryduo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 11:13 AM   #130
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!

Hi Tracy!

Ooooh! Winning that contest could be sweet revenge! hehe I will have to check it out ASAP!

Yesterday was stressful work wise, too many meetings and not enough time. My eating was not the hottest yesterday either as first my lunch was messed up because I made curry chicken salad and put too much curry powder, it was overpowering. I bought some good spices recently and this powder was like dynamite compared to my usual curry powder. So I had to adapt something quick! hehe. I decided to take a nap in the afternoon because my sinuses were acting up and when I woke up i was starving. So I think I overdid it a bit at dinner carb wise and portionwise. Gotta get back on track today!

Of course today I am having dinner out at a restaurant with my family, a seafood restaurant known for its deep frying. Which is the only way I like fish 99% of the time! So I made need to get adventurous. I am figuring that they will at least have to have some kind of grilled chicken or even steak. I think as long as I avoid the crispy crunchy yummy deep fried batters and french fries I will be ok! I am hoping they have some good salads or veggies as my veg intake has slaked too much the past two or so days, need to get my salads back up in size. I will also need to avoid the dessert menu when that puppy flies by as this restaurant has amazing pie...mmm pie! hehe! Be strong, drink my water, smile and enjoy the family visit and not the food! Ok, I think I will be ok. I have to go get somethings done here in the office now as I am leaving early today.

Have a happy and healthy day all!

Mike
Old 07-06-2005, 11:30 AM   #131
MayButterfly
Mouseketeer

how cool would that be..to win something from coke!!!
I know how you feel about the fried crispys... those are the best.. nothing like fried batter!! I know you'll make a good decision on what you order..
I'm sure the curry powder was a little overwhelming! I could only imagine.. it sounds like you are the spice king... any recipes you'd like to share? I could eat chicken everyday but I guess I dont have the imagination to spice it up with stuff other than the normal...

have a nice dinner and enjoy your company! tath's what it is all about.. feed your heart and head.. not your tummy... or something like that
MayButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 11:37 AM   #132
DisDon
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykelogan
I will also need to avoid the dessert menu when that puppy flies by as this restaurant has amazing pie...mmm pie! hehe!
Yes, must watch out for flying dessert menus!! The PIE, oh man, watch out for that too.
<Zazu, Lion King>(hands on your shoulders) Mikey, (sigh), good luck...
ARRR!
Several more trips during teenage years, HS band marched in the parade.
1991 - New Year's - married 3 months!
2000- MLK Weekend - 3 kids + 1 on the way!
2005 WDW at last! offsite at Liki Tiki, 1st week of December, Christmas everywhere!
2007 DLR 16th Anniv. - First day of Halloween time!
DisDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 03:05 PM   #133
TigerCheer2009
Random dancing and Xtreme Laundry- a terrific fitness plan!
WARNING! May spontaneously combust!
Did the Bum Bum dance and it's not movie day!

Is it only the dessert menus that fly or is it the pie too? I find that funny in an odd way.

Good luck! Drink your water and enjoy the company!
TigerCheer2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 10:39 PM   #134
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!

Hi maybutterfly!-- Thanks for stopping by my journal! I could give you some chicken ideas I use if you like, I am just not sure if they fit in with whatever plan of eating you follow. The plan I use is controlled carb and allows some higher fat food in moderation, so some of my chicken is lower fat (like mustard baked chicken) and some is not (like bacon wrapped chicken breast, sooo yummy hehe). Let me know & I will share what I got!

Before I forget, thanks for the flying menu warnings Jen & Don! hehe

So everyone knows I survived the meal in tact! hehe I avoided the appetizers they loaded the table with and got a grilled chicken cesar salad (no sugar added dressing, yay!), and with the salad I had one clam cake (meatball sized batter balls with a bit of clam in them deep fried). So I had my crispy fix and stayed well within my plan! I didn't even eat the whole clam cake, as it started to get cool and I was like "WHy eat it if it doesn't taste good anymore??" Of course I got a lot of comments from family at dinner like "Why are you just drinking water? Is that all you are gonna have? Order something else?" Sheesh! I was like, "This is what I want and I am happy with it." I don't talk to them about losing weight, etc. because I have worked for years to get them to not fixate on me and my weight, and I feel like if I said "I'm dieting and have lost 23lbs" I would get back "About time! What diet? Why that diet? How much will you lose? Should you be eating that?" blah blah blah! I'd just rather not deal with the headaches. But anyway, it was great to see my mom before she heads back to Oregon and see some of my family (others I could do without, but who doesn't have family issues! LOL)

Anywho, I am gonna check in on some journals, then watch some TV while reading some of my new comic books (One of my few childhood vices I have held onto! hehe). Have a happy & healthy night all!!

Mike
Old 07-06-2005, 11:32 PM   #135
eeyore25
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on making it through dinner. I am totally with you on the family bugging you about what you are drinking/eating. My in laws are the same way. My parents would actually accuse me of being pregnant. So I am with you on not saying much!

I hope you don't mind me asking, but would you mind sharing some of your chicken receipes with me? That is really the only meat that I eat, well that and turkey and I don't really know what to do with the stuff. I just started making chicken at home....there for a while I was afraid of it! I don't know why but I was!!!! But if you would not mind sharing I would really like that. Thanks!

By the looks of it you are really doing well Mike. Good for you. I am very proud of you for sticking with it. I am also very proud of the no coke.....that is totally awesome!!!! Keep it up.

Well I am off to some others.....hope you had a wonderful and healthy evening.

Good Night!
eeyore25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: