Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2005, 10:40 AM   #91
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!

Thanks Jamie, Don, and Lisa for your messages! I was not having the best day yesterday so the support and smiles were greatly appreciated.

Don, all I can say is thank goodness it seems they are closing that evil Ice Station Cool!!! hehe I think they should revamp it and get someone like Poland Springs to sponsor it and actually serve ice water for free, that would be awesome!

Not sure why yesterday was a tough one. I think it was stress at work that brought it all on. I had a day of "missing" my old "friends" ie. the sodas, the pizzas, all the foods that taste good but don't nourish you! It was not physical cravings but more a mental thing. I think it relates to my having been a comfort eater and several meetings yesterday at work left me looking for comfort! I was actually invited to go out to dinner with some friends and I knew the way I was feeling that there was no way I would be able to restrain myself if I did. I will be honest, for a few minutes I was contemplating just saying "Forget this! I want to go eat!" but i didn't. I'm not 100% sure how I did it, but I know a big part of it was thinking about everyone on here and how I would feel about myself. Luckily the invite was left on my voicemail and not an in person call, so I just called them back later and said "Oh sorry, I didn't get the message!"

The rest of my night was pretty good though, I spent a lot of time reading my food plan book and looking at healthy recipes only. I figured if I was going to feel focused on food, it should be focused on healthy food! I got so focused I forget to eat dinner until later on! hehe

Things I know I need to work on:
(1) Exercise! Had a few setbacks this week (pulled muscles, etc.) so I need to get focused! The pool is closed for cleaning this week and next, so I need to find a big puddle!
(2) Eating dinner earlier and getting to bed before 1am.

Ok, I am off to go visit everyone's journals! I hope that everyone has a great Fourth of July weekend. Resist the urge to splurge at those BBQs!

Mike
Old 07-01-2005, 10:55 AM   #92
toystoryduo
Have I said anything clever??
Maybe not yet but I think I can. I think I can. I think I can

Hey Mike!

Congratulations! You just cleared a big hurdle!!! You wanted to give up and eat whatever you wanted to, but you didn't. That is awesome, Mike! You should be very proud of yourself!!!

Just a thought about exercise... How about walking? You can buy a pedometer and measure how many steps you take in a day. I think if you walk 10,000 steps per day, that's equal to 4 or 5 miles. (Maybe someone else can tell us for sure.) Or how about weightlifting? I think a pound of muscle has to burn 35 calories a day to survive and a pound of fat burns something like 2 calories a day to survive. Swimming is good too!

I hope you have a great day and a safe, relaxing, healthy and wonderful 4th of July weekend! Take care Mike and keep up the good work!
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2005, 11:24 AM   #93
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!

Hi Tracy!

Thanks for your message, I definitely appreciate the congratulations. It was a rough day but I made it through.

About exercise, I am doing some walking as exercise and working towards building it up. At my size, and physical condition, the pool helps the most because of the support it offers (as suggested by my doc, who also suggested I do not overdo any of it, but focus on increasing what i can do now in healthy increments), but I am making strides in other areas. I do want to start some weightlifting/toning when I feel like it is an option I can physically include. Very good ideas you have!

I hope that you too have a healthy, happy weekend too! I think we all have a lot to celebrate for being so good to our bodies!

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by toystoryduo
Hey Mike!

Congratulations! You just cleared a big hurdle!!! You wanted to give up and eat whatever you wanted to, but you didn't. That is awesome, Mike! You should be very proud of yourself!!!

Just a thought about exercise... How about walking? You can buy a pedometer and measure how many steps you take in a day. I think if you walk 10,000 steps per day, that's equal to 4 or 5 miles. (Maybe someone else can tell us for sure.) Or how about weightlifting? I think a pound of muscle has to burn 35 calories a day to survive and a pound of fat burns something like 2 calories a day to survive. Swimming is good too!

I hope you have a great day and a safe, relaxing, healthy and wonderful 4th of July weekend! Take care Mike and keep up the good work!
Old 07-01-2005, 12:00 PM   #94
DisDon
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykelogan
Poland Springs to sponsor it and actually serve ice water for free, that would be awesome!
Poland Springs, hmm, Polish water? sounds a little scary...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykelogan
The pool is closed for cleaning this week and next, so I need to find a big puddle!
Rhode Island, hmm, I seem to recall a big puddle just off the coast there!
Congrats on skipping the dinner out, save if for a day you're feeling stronger!
Happy 4th!!
Several more trips during teenage years, HS band marched in the parade.
1991 - New Year's - married 3 months!
2000- MLK Weekend - 3 kids + 1 on the way!
2005 WDW at last! offsite at Liki Tiki, 1st week of December, Christmas everywhere!
2007 DLR 16th Anniv. - First day of Halloween time!
DisDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 12:50 PM   #95
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisDon
Poland Springs, hmm, Polish water? sounds a little scary...
Hahah! Poland Springs is from Maine. And it's caffeine free! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisDon
Rhode Island, hmm, I seem to recall a big puddle just off the coast there!
Congrats on skipping the dinner out, save if for a day you're feeling stronger!
Happy 4th!!
yes the ocean is there...BUT I am not a fan of salt water (gag!) and what about the SHARKS!!!??!! When I was a kid and they showed Jaws on CBS my parents told us we could not watch it, so my sister and I snuck our tiny B&W TV under my bed and covered it with pillows like a fort. We watched it... I was traumatized for life! And if you watch the news you can see that the sharks are organizing and soon will try to reclaim this world!!!! Ahhh... sorry, I get a little excited when I discuss them!! hahaha

p.s. Where had today gone???!!! I blinked it was outta here! I need more time to get things done before the long weekend!

Mike
Old 07-01-2005, 01:30 PM   #96
keenercam
Wishes she were Mickey's girl
Would settle for looking like Tinkerbell instead of Winnie the Pooh

Hi, Mike! I am glad that you can look back on yesterday with pride. Good job on avoiding a situation where the temptations might have been too great to resist when you were feeling a little weak. Be proud of having made such a great decision! How awesome that you spent time focusing on healthy food. What a great idea! Did you find any awesome recipes you want to share?

So, what is the plan this weekend? I hope you are doing something fun. I have decided to bring some hand weights up from our basement and put them next to the couch, so that whenever I am sitting still I can do some toning on my arms.

Have a great weekend, buddy!
Old 07-01-2005, 02:15 PM   #97
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!

Hi Cam, no great recipes to share yet but I will keep looking. I am currently on a mushroom kick and think they are delicious roasted.

As for this weekend, I am planning to get a heck of a lot of laundry done tonight to start. Tomorrow I have plans to go to the movies during the day. And I am excited for my wallet because I will not be spending a ridiculous amount of money on snacks there! I think I will bring some green pepper strips and cheese cubes, and by a water and ask for a large cup of ice. Saturday night and sunday are my unplanned days right now, then monday I am going to a family BBQ. I plan to bring a tossed salad and some veggies to roast, and share with everyone. So I know I will be covered veggie wise and the protein will definitely be there. I will definitely be having some of my grandmother's baked beans and potato salad at my balanced 'reward meal' (CAD language hehe) and staying on plan of course. I actually have Tuesday off of work too and I will be going to see my mother again like we did last week. That's my plan!

I like your hand weights idea! I think I need to get some myself as I have doing some exercises without them inside every so often just to get the blood flowing!

<see the cloud of smoke as he heads to investigate!>

Bye for now!
Mike
Old 07-01-2005, 02:15 PM   #98
eeyore25
DIS Veteran

Right on Mike!!!

I am so proud of you for resisting the temptation of eating out. And giving up. Sounds like after you made that choice your day got better. You really are doing a fantasic job!!!

Hope today is going better for you and you have a great 4th of July weekend. Stay on track this weekend...you can do it!!!

Again great job....let's dance with the banana's!!!
eeyore25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 02:30 PM   #99
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore25
Right on Mike!!!

I am so proud of you for resisting the temptation of eating out. And giving up. Sounds like after you made that choice your day got better. You really are doing a fantasic job!!!

Hope today is going better for you and you have a great 4th of July weekend. Stay on track this weekend...you can do it!!!

Again great job....let's dance with the banana's!!!
Thanks Jamie!
Today is going much better! I hope that you are having a good day too!

Mike
Old 07-01-2005, 02:35 PM   #100
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!

So Cam's post about handweights sent me scurrying over to amazon.com to see what I could find and low & behold, they have handweights in all sizes on sale. I ordered a nice set. And as I browsed and thought about exercise I remembered that one of my former co-workers had a walking DVD she liked to do every morning. That then spurred me on to look into different types and one of the purchaser's reviews mentioned how it had been a challenge for them to sustain a regular walking workout outside but that the DVD workout allowed them to be more paced and rest when needed, etc. So what did I do? I once again put some money in George Foreman's pocket and bought his Walking With George DVDs. hehe! I could not pass up the opportunity to get a good workout and the chance that these could be quite funny to watch.

I should get them after the weekend so I can start next week! After a pretty low energy end to the week my spirits are brought up by all the great messages I have received from my WISH buddies and my new opportunities to get healthier!

Bye for now all!
Mike
Old 07-01-2005, 03:00 PM   #101
keenercam
Wishes she were Mickey's girl
Would settle for looking like Tinkerbell instead of Winnie the Pooh

Hey, Mike! Great idea to go shopping when you need a pick-me-up! I think new "tools" are the best for refreshing your motivation. Can you imagine working on your arms (and just burning calories) whenever you are sitting in front of the television? How awesome!

Have a great weekend. You'll have something to look forward to in the mail next week,right?
Old 07-02-2005, 02:41 PM   #102
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenercam
Hey, Mike! Great idea to go shopping when you need a pick-me-up! I think new "tools" are the best for refreshing your motivation. Can you imagine working on your arms (and just burning calories) whenever you are sitting in front of the television? How awesome!

Have a great weekend. You'll have something to look forward to in the mail next week,right?
Hi Cam!
Working out while watching TV sounds great! Now if I shopped every time I felt like a pick-me-up I think I would be in trouble! hehe (I do know what you mean thought, it can be a great help! )

Hope that you are having a happy healthy Saturday!!!
Mike
Old 07-02-2005, 02:58 PM   #103
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!

Hi All!

Hope that everyone is having a great Saturday. I having a pretty good weekend so far. My movie plans for today got postponed because I decided I wanted some extra sleep and to get some errands done. I will be doing a double feature matinee tomorrow though.

Been getting all my water in. I can really not believe that the last Coke I had was the evening of two wednesdays ago! WOW! Since then all I have been drinking is ice water with the exception of one pink lemonade. And I feel great about it!

I discovered a way to get the texture and feel of "homefries" with my eggs last night. I sauteed with a little olive oil some celery, mushrooms, and green onions. Soo yummy! On my plan, and a great accent to the egg. I was hardly missing my potatoes and toast! Today's discovery was how good having a "sandwich" with lettuce as the "bread" can be. I made a nice tuna with lots of celery then put in boston lettuce leaves as wraps with a tiny bit of tomato. Soooo yummy and crunchy, and just good! hehe Add a side of cucumber slices with a dollop of fresh ranch dressing and a satisfying meal was had!

Ok back to watching Linkin Park and Jay Z perform on Live 8!
Have a great one all!

Mike
Old 07-02-2005, 03:27 PM   #104
TigerCheer2009
Random dancing and Xtreme Laundry- a terrific fitness plan!
WARNING! May spontaneously combust!
Did the Bum Bum dance and it's not movie day!

Hey Mike!!! Thanks for posting in my journal. But that's not why I'm here.

You're doing awesome on the No-Coke front, General! I applaud your efforts, sir YES sir! Ice water has been a very good offensive and defensive, wouldn't you say?

Also, I do exercises during the TV commercials. Pushups, jump rope, stretches, situps/crunches, dancing to commercial jingles...every little bit helps! It's fun. And also, your going on to amazon.com made ME go to amazon.com and fantasize about all of the workout DVD's I want, plus accessories, plus free weights PLUS a new scale. Thanks for getting my imagination going. Now if only I had the money for it... !

Keep on making new food discoveries, avoid the Croak-a-cola (as my dad says), watch Live 8, and make good choices!
TigerCheer2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 12:46 PM   #105
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!

Hi Jen!

Thanks for the message of support! "Croak-a-cola"! I love that and will borrow it from time to time I am sure, with the appropriate credit given of course. hehe

Sorry if I got your Amazon.com imagination going too much but I know what you mean! hehe I actually joined the new Amazon Prime program to get the "free" two day shipping, as I am an Amazon addict already, LOL!

Have a happy, healthy Sunday!
Mike

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: