Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2005, 01:35 PM   #76
DisDon
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykelogan
Ok, enough whining! Wow, whine some more why don't I???
Would you like some cheese with that?!?!
See ya on Wednesday.
Several more trips during teenage years, HS band marched in the parade.
1991 - New Year's - married 3 months!
2000- MLK Weekend - 3 kids + 1 on the way!
2005 WDW at last! offsite at Liki Tiki, 1st week of December, Christmas everywhere!
2007 DLR 16th Anniv. - First day of Halloween time!
DisDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 01:35 PM   #77
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!

Hi all!

After all my whining I actually had a pretty good day food wise yesterday. I got in all of my water too. For lunch my grandparents brought chicken salad finger sandwiches, potato chips and donuts, a carbohydrate bonanza of course!!! I had two of the chicken sandwiches, which was probably the equivalent of a hamburger sized sandwich, and my ice water. I resisted chips and donuts! hehe So while it was not an on-plan meal, it was portion controlled. I definitely was craving those donuts later on though hehe, but I did not indulge. We went out to dinner and there I was able to stay on plan much better. I had a mixed greens salad with a sugar free vinagarette that had gorgonzola cheese in it, my fave! Then a huge grilled tortilla stuffed with steak, extra green peppers, onions, and mozz cheese, saved half for tonight's dinner it was soo big & filling. They had no veggie side dishes so I asked for the extra peppers in the sandwich. I of course had some more water! And when dessert time came, luckily everyone was stuffed so we didn't even look at the menu, no temptation! no desire for it!

It was great to see my mom and enjoy an afternoon with her too. Today it is back to the grind at work. I overslept, which is allowed but i didn't want to, so I got in late. I had a grilled chicken salad for lunch that was very yummy. Tonight I will get my groceries and get my kitchen organized!

For now I am late for a meeting, I will be back later!
Mike
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2005, 01:48 PM   #78
DisDon
Mouseketeer

Way to be strong, brotha! Donuts? We don't need no stinking donuts!!
2005 WDW at last! offsite at Liki Tiki, 1st week of December, Christmas everywhere!
Old 06-29-2005, 02:22 PM   #79
TigerCheer2009
Random dancing and Xtreme Laundry- a terrific fitness plan!
WARNING! May spontaneously combust!
Did the Bum Bum dance and it's not movie day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykelogan
Hi Jen!

Thanks for stopping by! Congrats on your loss too, I am gonna get fully caught up on your journal to get inspired! Hope that you are having fun with those kids, they can be a joy and a terror, hope that stay on the joy side for you!

As for would I like a cheer??? Did I mention "bring it on" is one of my fave movies??? Cheer away, I will make sure the spirit stick stays safe!

Mike
Hi Mike! Thank you. Good luck reading all of it. Grab a water (with lots of Ice, maybe a Vanilla-Ice-Ice-Baby Water or a Dr-Water for Don), sit down and read through it. The kids are fun, but I run out of there screaming as soon as I can. You better make sure that spirit stick is safe...if you drop it, I will have to super-nuclear poke you (it's a fingernail pinch and a poke at the same time...hurts like the Devil!).

And your cheer:

Yes!
No Coke!
For longer than before
Mike's awesome health
Will dominate the boards
So c'mon crowd get with us
Get up on your feet
Yes Y-E-S
Swimming is neat!

Go Mike! Have an awesome Coke-free day because you deserve it!

ETA: Awesome job resisting. You have such willpower, man! You're doing really great!
TigerCheer2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 03:08 PM   #80
eeyore25
DIS Veteran

Way to go Mike!!! That is awesome that you resisted the doughnuts. Sounds like you had a great day yesterday and are on your way to a great day today.

Keep it up. You truly are doing a great job!
eeyore25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 03:21 PM   #81
keenercam
Wishes she were Mickey's girl
Would settle for looking like Tinkerbell instead of Winnie the Pooh

Hi, Mike! Thanks for stopping by my journal -- I needed another cheerful voice today!

Great job on controlling the portions yesterday and getting in your water. It sounds like you made all absolutely wonderful choices! I am so impressed that you didn't cave to the donut craving and that you made a great choice for dinner. Not eating the entire thing and saving it for dinner tonight is a HUGE SUCCESS and a really powerful strategy for all of us on this journey.

Keep up the great work, kiddo! I bet you are looking forward to dinner
Old 06-29-2005, 08:19 PM   #82
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisDon
Way to be strong, brotha! Donuts? We don't need no stinking donuts!!
Oh but we want them sometimes! hehe! I just had to remember that "donuts make ya go nuts!" and I was ok... Of course right now I would eat just about anything you put in front of me! hehe I am back from grocery shopping, and it took an hour to get everything put away! LOL I have just individually wraooed more chicken breasts than they have at the local KFC! hehehe! It was on sale!

Thanks for the message Don! Hope that you had a great day and are loving life Pepper free!

Mike
Old 06-29-2005, 08:22 PM   #83
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!

Hi Jen!

Don't worry, the Spirit Stick is safe! I would not want to fall victim to the super nuclear poke! And thank you very much for the cheer, it made my day! Hope that you are having a most excellent day!

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerCheer2009
Hi Mike! Thank you. Good luck reading all of it. Grab a water (with lots of Ice, maybe a Vanilla-Ice-Ice-Baby Water or a Dr-Water for Don), sit down and read through it. The kids are fun, but I run out of there screaming as soon as I can. You better make sure that spirit stick is safe...if you drop it, I will have to super-nuclear poke you (it's a fingernail pinch and a poke at the same time...hurts like the Devil!).

And your cheer:

Yes!
No Coke!
For longer than before
Mike's awesome health
Will dominate the boards
So c'mon crowd get with us
Get up on your feet
Yes Y-E-S
Swimming is neat!

Go Mike! Have an awesome Coke-free day because you deserve it!

ETA: Awesome job resisting. You have such willpower, man! You're doing really great!
Old 06-29-2005, 08:23 PM   #84
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore25
Way to go Mike!!! That is awesome that you resisted the doughnuts. Sounds like you had a great day yesterday and are on your way to a great day today.

Keep it up. You truly are doing a great job!
Thanks Jamie!!! Hope the rest of your day was terrific!

Mike
Old 06-29-2005, 08:32 PM   #85
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenercam
Hi, Mike! Thanks for stopping by my journal -- I needed another cheerful voice today!

Great job on controlling the portions yesterday and getting in your water. It sounds like you made all absolutely wonderful choices! I am so impressed that you didn't cave to the donut craving and that you made a great choice for dinner. Not eating the entire thing and saving it for dinner tonight is a HUGE SUCCESS and a really powerful strategy for all of us on this journey.

Keep up the great work, kiddo! I bet you are looking forward to dinner
Hi Cam!
Glad to stop by journal, you are very welcome! Thanks for keeping track of mine too.
I am definitely looking forward to dinner! I am tossing up a salad, reheating my half sandwich, and I think I am going to roast some Baby Bella mushrooms to go with. The piece de resistance will be half a Klondike Crunch Ice Cream Bar! Yummy, well thought out food that is all OP. What more can I ask for?!

To segue a bit, I have noticed that I get hungry in the afternoon a bit so I am going to incorporate a low carb snack. I think it is because I have been having an early lunch lately as opposed to breakfast than lunch later. I do not want to fall into that trap of eating too little for my body but I think I am doing well. I am happy to be giving energy to focusing on eating when I am hungry and not just eating for the sake of eating. The "old" me would have finished off a good 3 or 4 donuts before we got to dinner yesterday, and that would be me not eating all I "wanted" because I was around others. Heck, put me in a room alone with a dozen fresh Krispy Kremes and I would soon show you an empty box! And of course you need the coke to wash it down... but not anymore!

Have a good night Cam!
Mike
Old 06-30-2005, 08:55 AM   #86
toystoryduo
Have I said anything clever??
Maybe not yet but I think I can. I think I can. I think I can

Hi Mike!

Stopping by to WISH you a healthy and happy day today! Any updates on the trip report?

Take care!
Old 06-30-2005, 11:47 AM   #87
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toystoryduo
Hi Mike!

Stopping by to WISH you a healthy and happy day today! Any updates on the trip report?

Take care!
Hey Tracy! Thanks for popping in!

The trip reports are underway, this has just been a mad crazy week at work so I have not had a lot of free time, and my nights have been a bit wild too but fear not! They are coming! I really love writing them as it lets me relive the magic.

Hope that you are having WISH-derful day!
Mike
Old 06-30-2005, 11:57 AM   #88
eeyore25
DIS Veteran

Hi Mike,

Just wanted to pop in and WISH you a great day. You are doing great. Keep up the good the work.
eeyore25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 12:42 PM   #89
DisDon
Mouseketeer

Hey, man, I think we're gonna put Coke and Dr. P out of business, did you sell your stock already? I crack myself up!
Good plan on the afternoon snack. I've read before that eating more, smaller meals instead of 2 or 3 big ones each day will speed up metabolism. I've got to work on smaller, earlier dinners, and get to bed earlier.
We should plan a WDW trip together if we both hit our goals. You sound like just the expert guide that I need. And we can skip Ice Station Cool together, hehe.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:40 PM   #90
lajones81
DISneyLVR
I think you need to add more details to your story!

Mike,
I see you are making some awesome progress! I know you will achieve your WISH soon! Keep working hard!

Lisa
lajones81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: