Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2005, 02:37 PM   #31
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesli54
Looks like you are off to a good start so far on the caffine kick.

I don't know if Kennercam has a camera in your apartment, but I do know that the late night snacking has done alot of us in. Having a cut off time (mine is 7:30pm latest) is great and you will find that going to bed early (I know, it's late now ) will really help with the weight loss since you get the proper amount of sleep your body needs. It works for me anyway and now that my "travels" are over for a few weeks, I can get back to that.

Have a great day tomorrow.
Well I have not had one drop of Coke today and I feel ok, but my energy level is definitely down! I definitely need to start getting to bed earlier so that acually sleep and rest can replace the "buzz" of the caffeine and sugar!

Hope you are having a great day!!
Mike
Old 06-23-2005, 02:47 PM   #32
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!

Hi Cam!

I did get to bed with no late night indulgence last night so that was good! Food plan for today focuses mostly on getting rid of the Coke. I would usually have had 3 or 4 by now, and have had nothing but water. I am psyched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenercam
When do you head to your family's house to housesit? Or will you just visit there, and use the pool when you want? How many laps are you going to do? Come on, mister, make a plan so we can all help you stick to it -- whether you want us to or not!
I leave tomorrow late morning to go to their house. It is only 30min away but i figured why not take half a day off so I can enjoy the sun? Ok, I will make a commitment for my swimming this weekend... they have an above ground circular pool, pretty big. I will committ to walk/swim 50 laps a day for the weekend. So 150 by the time I leave Sunday. How does that sound?

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenercam
Aren't you sorry you gave us all this information to bother you about?
Anyway, have a great day, WISH bud. Oh, yeah, and be sure to go over and harass Don when you get a chance. He seems to have a great plan and a wonderful sense of humor. This bunch is more fun every day.
Not sorry at all, if anything I am amazed and honored by the support! I just dropped Don a note too, seems like he is on his way!

Mike
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2005, 02:52 PM   #33
joelyfaithsmommy
I create beauty through photographs...

sounds GREAT to me Mike...

remember JUST KEEP SWIMMING!!!

*******The Journey Began AGAIN: 8/2/2007*
DISNEY 6/2005
Celebrated Baby Cash's 1st Birthday @ Disney 3/30/10-4/6/10
Celebrated Cash's 3rd Birthday @ Disney 03/24/12-03/31/12
Quickie Disney Trip August 31, 2012 just for fun
Celebrated Cash's 4th Birthday @ Disney 03/02/13-03/08/13
Celebrating Cash's 5th Birthday & Jewell Clara's 1st Birthday @ Disney 03/05/14-03/16/14

joelyfaithsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 02:54 PM   #34
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toystoryduo
Hi Mike!

Is your trip report done yet? My trip to WDW isn't until December so I have to live vicariously through trip reports on the DIS.

Hope you have a great day filled with healthy living!
Hi Tracy!
Hope you are having a good day! I finished Day 1 of my trip report and have been trying to post it for an hour but the message board keeps having an error. I will be trying again after I post here on my journal. Watch for it, it is exciting! hahaha

Mike

Edited To Add: After trying all day I finally got part one of my trip report to post!! Part two is in the works, I tend to be wordy! If anyone wants to read it, click here!

Last edited by Mykelogan; 06-23-2005 at 08:00 PM.
Mykelogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 03:06 PM   #35
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!

Good afternoon!! hehe

Yesterday was good, and today is better!
I have actually heard the Walmart variety is very good according to some of the women I work with. I think I will be sticking to water as I have an allergy to aspartame, and don't even want to try the new sweeteners. I will probably include the every so often regular lemonade/juice with my "Reward meal" in the language of the Carb Addicts Plan.
As far as caffeine goes, none so far today! Keep your toes crossed for me!

hehe!
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore25
Good Morning Mike!

So how did your day go yesterday? How is today going?

Someone else posted, I am sorry I can't remember who it was, about getting some Crystal Light. We were going to buy some and at least here in Denver it is really expensive. So we found an alternative. Walmart has their brand, Great Value, of Crystal Light. It is about half the price and it is not half bad. There is nothing in it as far as calories, fat, sugar that kind of stuff. I don't drink it much but I will have a glass every once in a while. Rare though. My DH loves it. This is just something else to think about as well.

How is the caffeine intake today?

Hope you have a great day!
Old 06-23-2005, 03:07 PM   #36
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelyfaithsmommy
sounds GREAT to me Mike...

remember JUST KEEP SWIMMING!!!
Thanks Dory... er, Jen!! Will do!!!
Mike
Old 06-23-2005, 03:13 PM   #37
DisDon
Mouseketeer

Good Job!!

way to go on the coke today, you're doing better than me, but I AM cutting down I need to swim, my kids always want me to take them. I have to make myself do laps tho, usually when i get in a pool (and the water leaves ) I just want to relax and enjoy the weightlessnessessess... Hey, i didn't realize you were such a board vet, i'll have to go read some of your old posts, sounds like you're a real disney vet too. <jealous> I HAVE been to DL many times, living here in the west, so I shouldn't complain, but sometimes I still do, life's been good to me so far...

Oh, and i figured out when the banana gets tired, or at least gets paralyzed. Its when I'm using Firefox instead of IE. LOL

Weird, the dancing dude below is immune to the firefox paralysis.
Several more trips during teenage years, HS band marched in the parade.
1991 - New Year's - married 3 months!
2000- MLK Weekend - 3 kids + 1 on the way!
2005 WDW at last! offsite at Liki Tiki, 1st week of December, Christmas everywhere!
2007 DLR 16th Anniv. - First day of Halloween time!

Last edited by DisDon; 06-23-2005 at 03:26 PM.
DisDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 03:24 PM   #38
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisDon
way to go on the coke today, you're doing better than me, but I AM cutting down I need to swim, my kids always want me to take them. I have to make myself do laps tho, usually when i get in a pool (and the water leaves ) I just want to relax and enjoy the weightlessnessessess... Hey, i didn't realize you were such a board vet, i'll have to go read some of your old posts, sounds like you're a real disney vet too. <jealous> I HAVE been to DL many times, living here in the west, so I shouldn't complain, but sometimes I still do, life's been good to me so far...

Oh, and i figured out when the banana gets tired, or at least gets paralyzed. Its when I'm using Firefox instead of IE. LOL
Don! You have discovered to key to stopping the onslaught of the marching bananas! If they ever decide to turn against us, we shall use this Firefox weapon to decimate their troops and claim victory!

The weightlessness is a pool is the best part, I agree. I usually dread getting out as gravity seems to return all at once! I go from being as light and large as a cloud to a round mound of heavy ground! The way I see it is, if I can do a little working out in the pool then I owe myself at least that same amount of time in the water drifting.

And hey, the love of the WDW is what brought us all here to the boards, whether we've been once, never, or 100 times. Once you touch the magic, as I am sure you have at DL, we're all pros!

p.s. Complain away on here, that 's what we're here for, to listen!

have a great day!
Mike
Old 06-23-2005, 08:46 PM   #39
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!

I want a Coke, a nice cold coke, over ice, in a glass that is sweating... ohhhh the amber sweetness, the bubbles rising to the top, the carbonation that pops on your tongue making you anxious for the caramel cool that is to follow... hmmm.....

BUT!!!

I am not going to have one! The glass if ice water infront of me is cooler than any Coke could ever be, looking like a crystal ball instead of the muddied cola, in it I can see a better future, a clearer future where I feel better in my own skin and I drink because I thirst, not because I am tired, or hungry, or trying to get that buzz back... I feel better when the ice cool water passes my lips, it refreshes and I can almost feel my cells saying "That's what we're talking about!"

Mike
Old 06-23-2005, 09:36 PM   #40
Lesli54
Glad to see that you had a chance to escape
Navigating restaurants can be tricky at best

I love the ice cold glass of water being a crystal ball into the future. That is great!

You can get past the cola. Just remember that it never really quenches the thirst, it just drags you back. Also, it's a vicious cycle of: tired? so drink the cola, now I have the buzz, but the sugar is making me tired, so drink the cola. Who really wins that match? Not the one you want.

Here is an added incentive. Trying putting the money that you would normally spend on the carbonated beverages in a jar for a couple of months or until you reach your goal. That savings will add up and you will be able to have some extra added fun in WDW (or somewhere else).

Have a great evening.

Lesli54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 10:29 PM   #41
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!

Hi Lesli54!

Thanks for your note! You were reading my mind with this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesli54
Here is an added incentive. Trying putting the money that you would normally spend on the carbonated beverages in a jar for a couple of months or until you reach your goal. That savings will add up and you will be able to have some extra added fun in WDW (or somewhere else).
I was trying to figure out this afternoon how much I spend on the junk! When I do it will be going into the new savings account I am starting for my next WDW adventure.

Hope you have a great night!
Mike
Old 06-24-2005, 08:20 AM   #42
toystoryduo
Have I said anything clever??
Maybe not yet but I think I can. I think I can. I think I can

Hi Mike!!

Great start to your trip report! Looking forward to the rest...

I love your Coke/ ice water analogy! Hang in there, Mike! Before you know it, you'll be saying, "Coke....Who needs Coke?"

Have a great day!
Old 06-24-2005, 09:57 AM   #43
eeyore25
DIS Veteran

Hi Mike!

Just wanted to stop in and say hello,

How was your day yesterday?
eeyore25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 10:05 AM   #44
goldcupmom
BL6 Black Team Co-captain
My dog can't hold it's licker!
One day at a time one step at a time one bite at a time!

So, Mike, how go the Cola Wars???? Sounds like you're winning!

You might try a carbonated water (perrier, seltzer, etc) with a touch of RealLemon juice or RealLime juice. Flavor, bubbles, but not the sugar, caffeine, or fake sweeteners.

Have you heard about the rec center yet?? Maybe I missed it!

Have a great 2 weeks while I'm gone. I'd imagine there will be less of you by the time I get back.

Hang in there! I'll catch ya later!
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain
goldcupmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 10:27 AM   #45
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toystoryduo
Hi Mike!!

Great start to your trip report! Looking forward to the rest...

I love your Coke/ ice water analogy! Hang in there, Mike! Before you know it, you'll be saying, "Coke....Who needs Coke?"

Have a great day!
Thanks Tracy! I am working on Day 2 aka Tornado Warnings as we speak!

Mike

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: