Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2005, 10:18 PM   #16
keenercam
Wishes she were Mickey's girl
Would settle for looking like Tinkerbell instead of Winnie the Pooh

Thanks, Mike! Looking forward to sharing your progress and celebrating your successes! Hope you are looking at today as having been one to celebrate!
Old 06-22-2005, 08:54 AM   #17
goldcupmom
BL6 Black Team Co-captain
My dog can't hold it's licker!
One day at a time one step at a time one bite at a time!

Good Luck with the Coke battle, Mike! I gave up caffeine 9 years ago and really haven't missed it. You CAN do this!!! And your body will thank you!

Hang in there and have a great day!
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain
goldcupmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2005, 12:19 PM   #18
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!

Thanks Julie! I think I can kick it this time, I have cut my consumption of Coke in half the past few days, and have set tomorrow as my last day! wish me luck! And of course, I hope that you and your DD have a blast in FL!

As for how my first few days have been besides the Coke...

I have been doing my best to watch my portions. Have not been the most successful but I am the type that needs structure to get my eating on track, so that will come in the next few days as I start my plan.

Today is the day I am supposed to hear about the Rec Center, so cross your fingers that I will get the free membership and save the $60! I walked last night for like 20min. I feel good about getting that started. This weekend I am "house sitting" for my family so I will definitely be swimming in their pool and walking some laps.

I have also started cleaning out my cupboards, getting the "junk" out. I donated a box of snacks to my office today. (Hey if they get bigger I seem smaller right? lol) I have also compiled a shopping list to get my kitchen in shape to get me in shape. I am weird, most people tend to want to reward themselves after they reach goals, whereas I like to get myself some "get started" incentives. So in that vein I have bought myself a George Foreman Grill to replace the one I broke last year, to grill up all the chicken I will be undoubtedly be eating hehe. And to help with my water intake I bought myself a Buffy The Vampre Slayer and an Angel the Series waterbottles. hehe

I am in the process of working on my Trip Report from my last trip to Disney, and as a part of that I am compiling a list of things I hope to be able to do on my next trip I could not do this time due to my size. I will post that list on here later! For now I better get back to work!!!

Thanks for reading!
Mike
Old 06-22-2005, 01:06 PM   #19
toystoryduo
Have I said anything clever??
Maybe not yet but I think I can. I think I can. I think I can

Work?!?!?!? Who needs work? I bet working on your trip report would be much more fun!

Mike, you are off to a great start! I like how you have decided to gradually wean the pop out of your diet. I also like how you have given yourself some pre-weight loss incentives to get the ball rolling! That Foreman grill will be a big help! Great job Mike!

Hope you get your free membership to the Rec Center! Saving money while working out is a good thing!

Have a great day Mike!
Old 06-22-2005, 01:20 PM   #20
keenercam

Hey, Mike -- good luck on the rec center thing!

I think of those "incentives" (GF grill, favorite water bottles) actually as "tools" -- I heard a long time ago at a weight watchers meeting a very good analogy that I have expanded on in my head. If you were going to change a lightbulb, you wouldn't show up to do the job without the tools, right? You need to know what kind of lightbulb you need to put in, you need a ladder, and you will throw out the used bulb, right? So, you've bought the tools you need (a grill and water bottles), and you are planning what kinds of tools/foods to put in your cupboards and fridge, and you've removed and disposed of the bulb (those bad snacks). Okay, so it's not a perfect analogy, but you know what I mean -- you need knowledge, tools, a strategy, and discipline. Congratulations! It sounds like you have all that.

I hope you find the caffeine withdrawal painless. I had to give up caffeine, chocolate and alcohol ten years ago due to a serious heart condition. I missed the caffeine most of all, but after my surgery in January, when I could have it again, I made a decision not to get addicted to it again, because I know it can really stall weight loss. You should get some Crystal Light To-Go packets to take to work with you with your water bottles. The lemonade is wonderful.

Keep up the great work!
Old 06-22-2005, 05:01 PM   #21
DisDon
Mouseketeer

Alright Mike, you are my new WISH buddy, whether you like it or not!! I'm going to start my journal, and keep reading yours! You've got a great plan, I need to get busy and formulate a better one for myself. This is gonna be cool!
Several more trips during teenage years, HS band marched in the parade.
1991 - New Year's - married 3 months!
2000- MLK Weekend - 3 kids + 1 on the way!
2005 WDW at last! offsite at Liki Tiki, 1st week of December, Christmas everywhere!
2007 DLR 16th Anniv. - First day of Halloween time!
DisDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 05:21 PM   #22
eeyore25
DIS Veteran

Hi! I just got through reading your journal and I just wanted to wish you luck. You can do this....just keep telling yourself that! This has to be one of the toughest things that I have done-losing weight. I have started and stopped so many times, but I am sticking to it this time. I am not giving up.

I know about the caffeine....I quit drinking soda about 6 years ago and I am so much happier now. Every once in a while I get a craving for something sweet to drink, but I stick to my water. You can do it!

Good luck
eeyore25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 08:36 PM   #23
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toystoryduo
Work?!?!?!? Who needs work? I bet working on your trip report would be much more fun!
Now if only I could convince my boss that my trip report should be my top priority! hehehe

Thanks for the nice note Tracy! Hope you had a great day yourself!

Mike
Old 06-22-2005, 08:44 PM   #24
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!

Hi all!

Cam - I really like your metaphor, thanks for helping me put it in that perspective. It sounds like you have gone through a lot yourself and beat the caffeine "bug" so I know I can it myself!

Don - WISH buddies sounds good! I think we can all use that extra help when especially when the shine "getting started" wears off and you wanna dive face first into the swimming pool of cheesecake!!! I'll definitely check out your journal and I know you will formulate a plan for yourself now that you are dedicated. We gotta get rid of these "extra guys" we're carrying around! hehe

Eeyore25 - Thanks so much for the wish of luck and your supportive note! I hope that your doing good as well!

Mike
Old 06-22-2005, 09:13 PM   #25
keenercam

Hey, Mike! How was your day? Hopefully, you have found lots of reasons to pat yourself on the back.

Just wanted to pop in and say "hello" -- don't stay up too late and no late night snacking, mister!
Old 06-22-2005, 09:19 PM   #26
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenercam
Hey, Mike! How was your day? Hopefully, you have found lots of reasons to pat yourself on the back.

Just wanted to pop in and say "hello" -- don't stay up too late and no late night snacking, mister!
Hey Cam!
Had a great day, still waiting on the rec center membership but that's okas I will have my parents pool to cool off in when I work up a sweat this weekend housesitting.

Do you have a camera in my apartment??? hehe You have me pegged when you made the comment about no late night snacking! My previous patterns have actually been to do most of my eating in the evening, even dinner! Something that really helped me the last time I tried to diet (and lost over 100lbs so I must have done somethings right, for a while at least!) was to end my "eating day" at 8pm, nothing but water after that.

Gonna head to bed early tonight so I can get in the office early-ish tomorrow to get my long delayed trip reporting done!

Have a great one!
Mike
Old 06-23-2005, 12:07 AM   #27
Lesli54
Glad to see that you had a chance to escape
Navigating restaurants can be tricky at best

Looks like you are off to a good start so far on the caffine kick.

I don't know if Kennercam has a camera in your apartment, but I do know that the late night snacking has done alot of us in. Having a cut off time (mine is 7:30pm latest) is great and you will find that going to bed early (I know, it's late now ) will really help with the weight loss since you get the proper amount of sleep your body needs. It works for me anyway and now that my "travels" are over for a few weeks, I can get back to that.

Have a great day tomorrow.

Lesli54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 08:30 AM   #28
keenercam

Good morning, Mike!
Sooooo, did you go to bed last night without any additional snacking? I hope so.
What is your food plan for today? Something good (and lo-cal low fat, I hope! )

When do you head to your family's house to housesit? Or will you just visit there, and use the pool when you want? How many laps are you going to do? Come on, mister, make a plan so we can all help you stick to it -- whether you want us to or not!

Aren't you sorry you gave us all this information to bother you about?

Anyway, have a great day, WISH bud. Oh, yeah, and be sure to go over and harass Don when you get a chance. He seems to have a great plan and a wonderful sense of humor. This bunch is more fun every day.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:10 AM   #29
toystoryduo
Have I said anything clever??
Maybe not yet but I think I can. I think I can. I think I can

Hi Mike!

Is your trip report done yet? My trip to WDW isn't until December so I have to live vicariously through trip reports on the DIS.

Hope you have a great day filled with healthy living!
Old 06-23-2005, 01:10 PM   #30
eeyore25
DIS Veteran

Good Morning Mike!

So how did your day go yesterday? How is today going?

Someone else posted, I am sorry I can't remember who it was, about getting some Crystal Light. We were going to buy some and at least here in Denver it is really expensive. So we found an alternative. Walmart has their brand, Great Value, of Crystal Light. It is about half the price and it is not half bad. There is nothing in it as far as calories, fat, sugar that kind of stuff. I don't drink it much but I will have a glass every once in a while. Rare though. My DH loves it. This is just something else to think about as well.

How is the caffeine intake today?

Hope you have a great day!
eeyore25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: