Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-09-2005, 11:06 AM   #151
TigerCheer2009
Random dancing and Xtreme Laundry- a terrific fitness plan!
WARNING! May spontaneously combust!
Did the Bum Bum dance and it's not movie day!
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NB (North Baltimore, OH) You Know!
Posts: 3,833

Hello Mike! Just popping in to say I moved my Disney trip up to December 05...so if you don't find the Coke contest by then, then I will ask about it.
GO MIKE! Good luck on your journey today!
__________________
-Tiger2009/Jen
First Ever Disney Trip: December 2005
NBHS Band Took On WDW! March 2008
TigerCheer2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 11:42 AM   #152
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!
 
Mykelogan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rhode Island, US
Posts: 2,181

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerCheer2009
Hello Mike! Just popping in to say I moved my Disney trip up to December 05...so if you don't find the Coke contest by then, then I will ask about it.
GO MIKE! Good luck on your journey today!
Hey Jen!
I think we just crossed each other in cyberspace! I read about you moving your trip in your journal and was posting and then I see you mention it here. hehehe!

As I said already, I hope you enjoy the POP, have you stayed there before? I love it, the theming is tooo cute and I think it is a fun place.

I want to crack this Coke riddle asap! I need to be their winner so I can say, "Thanks for the trip, I never touch your soda anymore!" hehehe!

Bye for now!
Mike
__________________
Mykelogan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-09-2005, 12:21 PM   #153
TigerCheer2009
Random dancing and Xtreme Laundry- a terrific fitness plan!
WARNING! May spontaneously combust!
Did the Bum Bum dance and it's not movie day!
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NB (North Baltimore, OH) You Know!
Posts: 3,833

Great minds think alike! It's our first trip EVER to Disney! Crack that riddle, okay? I'd love to see the Coke CEO's shaking their heads in amazement and dropping on the floor to think that someone can live without soda!

Have a super-duper Saturday, Mike!
__________________
-Tiger2009/Jen
First Ever Disney Trip: December 2005
NBHS Band Took On WDW! March 2008
TigerCheer2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 02:23 PM   #154
Lesli54
Glad to see that you had a chance to escape
Navigating restaurants can be tricky at best
 
Lesli54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,305

Hey, Mike! Finally, I have been able to catch up with you.

Thanks for visiting my journal and please no horror stories of college, I think I can imagine enough of them.

Sounds like you have been doing great on your plan. Congrats on the lost lbs. Now make that solemn vow that you will never weigh more than "X" again! I do understand the family comments with weight and losing it. So far, my gran hasn't noticed the loss and if I were to tell her she would say that I am a nice size and don't need to loss much. But then she has her own weight issues and I guess it makes her feel better to think that she isn't the only heavy one in the family. I just pretty much keep it to myself and my household, but I love it when people notice. Yesterday at camp a lady had heard that I lost weight (because someone else noticed) and asked what are you doing to lose so much? I said mainly portion control for starters. That ended the conversation quickly as she was not about to give up eating.

Soon you will have to ditch the "too big" clothes. I have definitely made it a point to get rid of those right away this time around so that I don't start feeling "comfortable" again and realize that I am going the wrong way. So far so good. As far as exercise, increasing a little at a time is the best way to go. But I have also found that taking more breaks from the computer or during commercials of a fav show, to walk around the house really helps alot. Anything to keep that metabolism going.

Well, have a great weekend and keep up the AWESOME job.
__________________
1983 - WDW off-site 2002 - Yacht Club 2002 - DVC Member 2005 - BWV, BCV & SSR 2008 - BCV & SSR 2011 - AKV & BCV 2012 - BLT, OKW & THV






Lesli54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 11:39 PM   #155
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!
 
Mykelogan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rhode Island, US
Posts: 2,181

Quick note before bed... (Hi Jen & Tracy, I will respond tomorrow! hehe) ... so we did not go to Applebees!!!! But first I did good at the movies again, I had a nice bottled water even though my dad offered and was paying for whatever we want. He and my nephew split a huge popcorn and some candy. I said NO! to both! hehe! So fastforward to dinner, we go back to the house to get my stepmom and instead of Applebees she suggests a local italian place (which I know i could do good at food wise, ie. salad first then small portion entree!) or a new-ish Chinese place they are friends with the owners of... guess where we went! The Chinese place! No salads! No grilled food! Rice and noodles everywhere!!! Probably MSG up the wazzooo!!! Oy! SO I ordered stir fried chicken and chinese eggplant in garlic sauce. The sauce was definitely not the best, but the bigger issue was no salad or pre-main course veggies like normal. I did only eat about half of the entree which was huge, avoided the white ball of rice, and had a good serving of green beans from my stepmom's chicken & green beans.My entree besides eggplant had red peppers and water chestnuts in it, both yummy veggies. When it was time to wrap the leftovers I remembered that my youngest sister loves eggplant so I instead of me taking the leftovers I brought them back to their house for her. So they were not around to tempt me and she was psyched because we brought her the rice too! lol So overall probably not the worst night but definitely not strictly OP. I will definitely need to see how I feel tomorrow if the potential msg or sweetened sauces trigger any cravings, I am just glad I will be conscious of them and get right back on track. Not expecting a huge scale move this week after all of this action in restaurants, so we'll see!

Nighty night!
Mike
__________________
Mykelogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 04:55 PM   #156
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!
 
Mykelogan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rhode Island, US
Posts: 2,181

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerCheer2009
Great minds think alike! It's our first trip EVER to Disney! Crack that riddle, okay? I'd love to see the Coke CEO's shaking their heads in amazement and dropping on the floor to think that someone can live without soda!

Have a super-duper Saturday, Mike!
Heck, I never thought I'd be living without soda, so I can only imagine the CEO's response! hehehe!

Mike
__________________
Mykelogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 05:00 PM   #157
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!
 
Mykelogan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rhode Island, US
Posts: 2,181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesli54
Hey, Mike! Finally, I have been able to catch up with you.

Thanks for visiting my journal and please no horror stories of college, I think I can imagine enough of them.

Sounds like you have been doing great on your plan. Congrats on the lost lbs. Now make that solemn vow that you will never weigh more than "X" again! I do understand the family comments with weight and losing it. So far, my gran hasn't noticed the loss and if I were to tell her she would say that I am a nice size and don't need to loss much. But then she has her own weight issues and I guess it makes her feel better to think that she isn't the only heavy one in the family. I just pretty much keep it to myself and my household, but I love it when people notice. Yesterday at camp a lady had heard that I lost weight (because someone else noticed) and asked what are you doing to lose so much? I said mainly portion control for starters. That ended the conversation quickly as she was not about to give up eating.

Soon you will have to ditch the "too big" clothes. I have definitely made it a point to get rid of those right away this time around so that I don't start feeling "comfortable" again and realize that I am going the wrong way. So far so good. As far as exercise, increasing a little at a time is the best way to go. But I have also found that taking more breaks from the computer or during commercials of a fav show, to walk around the house really helps alot. Anything to keep that metabolism going.

Well, have a great weekend and keep up the AWESOME job.
Hi Lesli!

Thanks for your support! I am feeling great about my progress and healthy choices! I will definitely keep the college stories to myself but do know if there is anything I can help answer for you just ask. (I have been living and working on campus at several colleges for the past 10 years.)

When I get to the point that I can give away my bigger clothes I will have to see if a local boy scout troup is in need of any spare tents! hehehe! Thanks for the tips on exercise too, that makes a lot of good sense!

Hope that you are having a great weekend!
Mike
__________________
Mykelogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 05:27 PM   #158
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!
 
Mykelogan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rhode Island, US
Posts: 2,181

Oh! Almost forgot to post the dream I had last night...

I was at work and it was a busy day so when everyone is leaving I planned on staying late. I got up to go to the kitchenette in our office to find a box full of cheese and fruit danish, the kind that are half fruit and half cheese, in apple, bluberry and lemon flavor. As I poured my water I took a little nibble and soon I was eating the danish as fast as I could, one after the other. I could taste them in my dream! LOL I woke up just as I was finishing the last one!

So what do you think? Any dream interpreters out there? Should I mad for dreaming all that and then waking up before I finished??? hehehe!

Have a great night!
Mike
__________________
Mykelogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 12:20 AM   #159
DisDon
Mouseketeer
 
DisDon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Utah
Posts: 393

Weird, I had a dream like that once, I dreamed I ate a giant marshmellow, and when I woke up my pillow was gone!! Hmm, any missing socks?
I crack myself up!
__________________
Forget about your worries and your strife...
Finally made it to WDW, been to DL many times!
1973 or so, I was six, only remember the tram thru the Matterhorn.
Several more trips during teenage years, HS band marched in the parade.
1991 - New Year's - married 3 months!
2000- MLK Weekend - 3 kids + 1 on the way!
2005 WDW at last! offsite at Liki Tiki, 1st week of December, Christmas everywhere!
2007 DLR 16th Anniv. - First day of Halloween time!
DisDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 08:28 AM   #160
eeyore25
DIS Veteran
 
eeyore25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykelogan
Quick note before bed... (Hi Jen & Tracy, I will respond tomorrow! hehe) ... so we did not go to Applebees!!!! But first I did good at the movies again, I had a nice bottled water even though my dad offered and was paying for whatever we want. He and my nephew split a huge popcorn and some candy. I said NO! to both! hehe! So fastforward to dinner, we go back to the house to get my stepmom and instead of Applebees she suggests a local italian place (which I know i could do good at food wise, ie. salad first then small portion entree!) or a new-ish Chinese place they are friends with the owners of... guess where we went! The Chinese place! No salads! No grilled food! Rice and noodles everywhere!!! Probably MSG up the wazzooo!!! Oy! SO I ordered stir fried chicken and chinese eggplant in garlic sauce. The sauce was definitely not the best, but the bigger issue was no salad or pre-main course veggies like normal. I did only eat about half of the entree which was huge, avoided the white ball of rice, and had a good serving of green beans from my stepmom's chicken & green beans.My entree besides eggplant had red peppers and water chestnuts in it, both yummy veggies. When it was time to wrap the leftovers I remembered that my youngest sister loves eggplant so I instead of me taking the leftovers I brought them back to their house for her. So they were not around to tempt me and she was psyched because we brought her the rice too! lol So overall probably not the worst night but definitely not strictly OP. I will definitely need to see how I feel tomorrow if the potential msg or sweetened sauces trigger any cravings, I am just glad I will be conscious of them and get right back on track. Not expecting a huge scale move this week after all of this action in restaurants, so we'll see!

Nighty night!
Mike
Hi Mike,
I am just getting caught up on your journal, I was so busy this weekend that I didn't have a chance to log on.
Awesome job on the choices that you made at the movies. No candy or popcorn even when you aren't buying. That is great!
Good job on the food choices at dinner Mike!!!! You made the best that you could at that restaurant. How have you been so far today....any cravings?


Hope you have a great day...will check in later!
__________________
[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/f3mganmdft5zccsr.png[/img]




Disneyland:
June 1997, with my DH and his sister; June 1998; August 1999;August 2000; August 2001; August 2003
Disneyworld:
August/September 2004 POR; August/September 2005 POR; August/September 2006 POR; September 2007 POR; September 2008 POR
eeyore25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 09:22 AM   #161
keenercam
Wishes she were Mickey's girl
Would settle for looking like Tinkerbell instead of Winnie the Pooh
 
keenercam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Delaware
Posts: 10,455

Mike -- I am just trying to get caught up after a weekend away. Before I even get to my journal, I wanted to check in with you.

I am so impressed with how you did at the movies and at the restaurant. Sticking with a bottle of water and no candy or popcorn is such a HUGE victory! I am soooo weak when it comes to movie popcorn. I just can't help myself. I am going to try to think of you next time and let you inspire me!

As for the chinese restaurant, it sounds like you made a great choice in a very limiting situation! Good for you! That had to have felt great. And giving all your rice and 1/2 your entree to your little sister was not only completely selfless and generous, but strategically, it was absolutely brilliant! Good for you!

Here's hoping you are off to another fabulous week!

BTW -- how was fab 4? DSabreathawayfrom12 may want to see it for his birthday tomorrow.
__________________
I married the love of my life all over again on 1/12/09 Click here for Our Disney Vow Renewal planning journal --Wedding TR starts p.98
keenercam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 10:10 AM   #162
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!
 
Mykelogan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rhode Island, US
Posts: 2,181

Hi all!!! Happy Monday!!!

Don -- All socks accounted for luckily! heheheheh! And hey, if you gotta crack someone up, might as well be yourself!

Jamie -- No cravings yesterday aside from that dream! hehe! And I think I squashed the pastry craving by having some PB on a piece of low carb bread and some bing cherries with dinner. Just caught up on your journal too, I hope I can catch the exercise addiction like you. Good luck on the eliptical and the bowflex! Hope you are having a great day!

Cam! -- I am amazed I survived the movies again myself. I think that temptation combined with my sweet dinner Saturday night led to my pastry dreams! hehe. You will be strong next time you hit the movies, I know it! You can always sneak a healthy snack in with you too, like some frozen grapes. (A fave of mine!) I loved the Fantastic Four but then I am a huge comic book fan. My dad and nephew had fun too. I think it was a nice summer movie, lots of fun and great special effects. Hope you have a great week!

Ok, so it is Monday and that means weigh in day! <Insert thunderclap & lightning!> I was a bit nervous this morning knowing the way the past week went. Did I mention they brought us homemade ginger ice cream after dinner at the Chinese restaurant because my dad is friend's with the owner? Only about a half cup max, and sooo delicious, so I do not regret having it really but I knew the scale might regret it. Anyway, I bit the bullet after getting showered today (you wash off any potential dead skin, it has weight right??? hehehe!) and stepped up on to the scale... 4 more pounds gone forever!!! I am so happy with that. If I kept losing the way I did the first two weeks I would be worried that I had a tape worm!! 4lbs is excellent to me. And it actually moved me into a new "10lb increment" on the scale! yay! I know I have not shared my actual weight before, mostly because I did not want the children and faint of heart to pass out, but i feel like I want to now. My highest weight ever was this past February, post Disney of course!, and that was 510lbs. Spring time brought a thaw of sorts and me avoiding the scale. The day I decided to make some changes and be healthier I was 496lbs. So since then I have lost as you know, 27lbs. I am 469! Weird to be excited about it but I have not been this low in years and it makes it feel real. There, I said it and a house did not fall on me!

Time to go update the July & summer challenges, and then I have to get ready for hosting a job candidate for an open position in our office. I will get to catch up on everyone's journals this afternoon!!!

Hope that everyone is having a happy & healthy start to their weeks!
Bye for now!
Mike
__________________
Mykelogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 10:20 AM   #163
keenercam
Wishes she were Mickey's girl
Would settle for looking like Tinkerbell instead of Winnie the Pooh
 
keenercam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Delaware
Posts: 10,455

YIPPEE!!! Mike! That is so AWESOME!!!! Just think, now every time you step on that scale, you are going to be able to say "this is the least I have weighed in YEARS!!!" How awesome that will feel! (hey, you thought you were the only one addicted to exclamation points, but you have me so happy for you, that the exclamation points just keep appearing!!!!)
Keep up all your efforts, buddy! You are doing so great and every day of your life is going to be better from now on because of your efforts. I am so happy for you.
__________________
I married the love of my life all over again on 1/12/09 Click here for Our Disney Vow Renewal planning journal --Wedding TR starts p.98
keenercam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 10:26 AM   #164
DisDon
Mouseketeer
 
DisDon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Utah
Posts: 393

Hey man, better change that clippie!! That's awesome. Hey, starting where you did is gonna make yours one of the great success stories. At the rate you're coming down, you're gonna catch me if I don't get with it. Excellent work! Are you ready for the way your life is gonna change? Its gonna be great!!
You rock!!
__________________
Forget about your worries and your strife...
Finally made it to WDW, been to DL many times!
1973 or so, I was six, only remember the tram thru the Matterhorn.
Several more trips during teenage years, HS band marched in the parade.
1991 - New Year's - married 3 months!
2000- MLK Weekend - 3 kids + 1 on the way!
2005 WDW at last! offsite at Liki Tiki, 1st week of December, Christmas everywhere!
2007 DLR 16th Anniv. - First day of Halloween time!
DisDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 10:36 AM   #165
DisDon
Mouseketeer
 
DisDon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Utah
Posts: 393

Hey, get over and post your total for the 5 for July challenge, we're gonna blow them away!

OH DUH, I just saw that you already did. Should aim before i fire.
__________________
Forget about your worries and your strife...
Finally made it to WDW, been to DL many times!
1973 or so, I was six, only remember the tram thru the Matterhorn.
Several more trips during teenage years, HS band marched in the parade.
1991 - New Year's - married 3 months!
2000- MLK Weekend - 3 kids + 1 on the way!
2005 WDW at last! offsite at Liki Tiki, 1st week of December, Christmas everywhere!
2007 DLR 16th Anniv. - First day of Halloween time!
DisDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ºoº Magic Morning (Early Entry) & Mickey's Toontown Madness Info Mary Jo Disneyland (California) 63 05-31-2012 05:31 PM
July 2, 2005 - WE ARE THERE!!! inkkognito Disney Cruise Meets 1710 11-26-2006 11:26 PM
RPR Club & HHN 10/28-11/2. With pics AlexandNessa Universal Studios Trip Reports 12 06-07-2005 06:55 PM
Return to the Madness Part One: 2/25 Arrival Day…but first we have to be De-Iced Buzz's_girl Completed Trip Reports 11 03-14-2005 10:35 PM
Can Member services make PS's TinkTatoo UK DVC Discussion 2 03-01-2005 02:22 AM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: