Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2005, 09:59 AM   #136
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!

Hi Jamie!

Glad to hear someone gets me about the family issue! The thing that gets me is that if I had ordered a big meal I would have gotten the opposite comments. They finally got the point a few years ago that I would not sit and listen to them talking to me about my weight when I had told them I would leave a family function if they kept it up and finally one easter my grandmother and aunt started in on me, so I said "It was great to see you but I am leaving, have a happy easter!" and they we're like "We're sorry, stay," etc. and I left. I felt like I had to let them know in a more forceful way that I appreciated their concerns but once a person says they do not want to talk about something you have to respect it. That was fun!

I hope that you are doing well and having a good day!
Mike
Old 07-07-2005, 10:43 AM   #137
TigerCheer2009
Random dancing and Xtreme Laundry- a terrific fitness plan!
WARNING! May spontaneously combust!
Did the Bum Bum dance and it's not movie day!

I'm thinking of doing a low-carb plan. I'd LOVE some chicken ideas please and thank-you. Good job at the restaurant. You got your crispy fix and stayed on plan? Wowie kaboodles! Nice job. I know how you feel. Keep up the stellar work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykelogan
Hi maybutterfly!-- Thanks for stopping by my journal! I could give you some chicken ideas I use if you like, I am just not sure if they fit in with whatever plan of eating you follow. The plan I use is controlled carb and allows some higher fat food in moderation, so some of my chicken is lower fat (like mustard baked chicken) and some is not (like bacon wrapped chicken breast, sooo yummy hehe). Let me know & I will share what I got!

Before I forget, thanks for the flying menu warnings Jen & Don! hehe

So everyone knows I survived the meal in tact! hehe I avoided the appetizers they loaded the table with and got a grilled chicken cesar salad (no sugar added dressing, yay!), and with the salad I had one clam cake (meatball sized batter balls with a bit of clam in them deep fried). So I had my crispy fix and stayed well within my plan! I didn't even eat the whole clam cake, as it started to get cool and I was like "WHy eat it if it doesn't taste good anymore??" Of course I got a lot of comments from family at dinner like "Why are you just drinking water? Is that all you are gonna have? Order something else?" Sheesh! I was like, "This is what I want and I am happy with it." I don't talk to them about losing weight, etc. because I have worked for years to get them to not fixate on me and my weight, and I feel like if I said "I'm dieting and have lost 23lbs" I would get back "About time! What diet? Why that diet? How much will you lose? Should you be eating that?" blah blah blah! I'd just rather not deal with the headaches. But anyway, it was great to see my mom before she heads back to Oregon and see some of my family (others I could do without, but who doesn't have family issues! LOL)

Anywho, I am gonna check in on some journals, then watch some TV while reading some of my new comic books (One of my few childhood vices I have held onto! hehe). Have a happy & healthy night all!!

Mike
TigerCheer2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2005, 12:32 PM   #138
DisDon
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykelogan
I felt like I had to let them know in a more forceful way that I appreciated their concerns but once a person says they do not want to talk about something you have to respect it
I find a fist slammed onto the table usually shuts 'em up. ARRRR!
Yo Ho, have a great day!
Several more trips during teenage years, HS band marched in the parade.
1991 - New Year's - married 3 months!
2000- MLK Weekend - 3 kids + 1 on the way!
2005 WDW at last! offsite at Liki Tiki, 1st week of December, Christmas everywhere!
2007 DLR 16th Anniv. - First day of Halloween time!

Last edited by DisDon; 07-07-2005 at 05:29 PM.
DisDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 05:26 PM   #139
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!

Don -- I like the sound of that! That is the tactic one of my uncles who is also very heavy takes, and it works for him. hehe!

Jen -- I will definitely throw together a few good chicken ideas soon for you!

I need all the WISHers to keep your fingers crossed for me, due to another unexpected staffing change in our department (we had a big one months ago too!) I may be able to continue receiving the "bonus pay" I have been receiving for a while now for extra work I am doing. Just needs the nod of one more person and I will get another semester of basically an extra paycheck a month. My joy at this is because I am planning on leaving next year most likely and this will help me have a bit of a savings cushion for that, and also... and most excitedly... get me most of the way to saving for my next Disney trip!!! hehe If I have not mentioned in here, one of my goals once I make a healthier me, is to treat myself to a stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge!! I fell in love with the AKL during my last trip when I went for dinner at Boma and toured the resort first. Before I was shooting for a 2008 trip, if my extra pay gets approved, maybe 2007 or Christmas 2006!! hehe

I know it may seem like I am planning for something far away but (1) I will need the time to save for a trip that involves a stay at a Deluxe resort, and (2) if I do job search in the Spring as planned I will need to wait until I have built up some vacation time at my new job in order to take the trip. I would also really like to only need one plane seat next time!!! I am also thinking about giving the money to my parents or grandparents once a month to hold for me so I am not tempted to spend it! hehe
So cross your fingers, and say it with me, "Disney here I come! Disney here I come!" hehe

Have a great night all!
Mike
Old 07-08-2005, 08:53 AM   #140
keenercam
Wishes she were Mickey's girl
Would settle for looking like Tinkerbell instead of Winnie the Pooh

Good morning, Mike! How are you, kiddo? I hope everything works out with the paycheck issue. What a cool idea to treat that as "found money", dump it into a separate account somewhere, and not touch it. We did that last year when I got an unexpected bonus. I opened an ING account on line and transferred the money out of my checking account immediately. I also set it up to do an automatic transfer of a very small amount every Friday so that it helped build up that account without us missing it too much.

So, what's on the agenda for today? I have a couple of deadlines and then hope to get out of here early by about 5:30 to go home and finish packing. Do you have anything good planned for the weekend? Have you seen Batman Returns yet? I don't remember. It is absolutely awesome. So, if you can, you should see it.

Take care of yourself and have a wonderful weekend. "Talk" to you next week!
Old 07-08-2005, 09:21 AM   #141
MayButterfly
Mouseketeer

hey.. i'm just trying to eat healthier..not on true plan yet.. i am watching the carb intake a bit... so any ideas would be great! Thanks!!!
MayButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 09:32 AM   #142
toystoryduo
Have I said anything clever??
Maybe not yet but I think I can. I think I can. I think I can

Hi Mike,

I hope everything works out so that you can keep receiving your bonus pay and take a wonderful Disney vacation in Christmas 2006. (Maybe Coke will buy your trip for you. Did you sign-up to win?)

Have a great weekend!
Old 07-08-2005, 01:51 PM   #143
eeyore25
DIS Veteran

Hi Mike,

I too hope that everything works out with the paycheck. It is always nice to have that extra cash!

How are things going today?

Have a wonderful weekend!

Disneyland:
June 1997, with my DH and his sister; June 1998; August 1999;August 2000; August 2001; August 2003
Disneyworld:
August/September 2004 POR; August/September 2005 POR; August/September 2006 POR; September 2007 POR; September 2008 POR
eeyore25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 04:34 PM   #144
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenercam
Good morning, Mike! How are you, kiddo? I hope everything works out with the paycheck issue. What a cool idea to treat that as "found money", dump it into a separate account somewhere, and not touch it. We did that last year when I got an unexpected bonus. I opened an ING account on line and transferred the money out of my checking account immediately. I also set it up to do an automatic transfer of a very small amount every Friday so that it helped build up that account without us missing it too much.

So, what's on the agenda for today? I have a couple of deadlines and then hope to get out of here early by about 5:30 to go home and finish packing. Do you have anything good planned for the weekend? Have you seen Batman Returns yet? I don't remember. It is absolutely awesome. So, if you can, you should see it.

Take care of yourself and have a wonderful weekend. "Talk" to you next week!
Hi Cam!

Hope that you have a good weekend away!!! My agenda today obviously involved not getting to check in here until after work! hehe! Had to get so much done today, and most days for the next few weeks. This is truly going to be a wild summer workwise til we get to September.

I have some fun planned this weekend. I would like to go to a new farmer's market sunday. Saturday I will be going for a guy's night with my dad, brother, and 11 yo nephew to see Fantasic Four and then to dinner. I would much rather not eat out as I feel like I have done that enough this week but we have planned for a while and my nephew would be upset if we didn't go to his fave place as planned after, aka Applebee's. My plan is to check out the menu before I go so I can know what I will be getting and therefore no need to "browse" the menu for temptation. The main temptation being my old favorite dessert on the planet, the Apple Chimi-cheesecake, who doesn't love deep fried cheesecake! Oy!!! It will be fun though.

Gonna actually grab a nap after catching up on my journal and then catch up on everyone else tonight, my cat is calling for a nap and he will be mad if we don't hehe! Oh, I got my walking DVDs in the mail today, so I can get that started this weekend. I have been doing some arm exercises with the weights I got two days ago. Not nearly enough exercise so far this week so I need to buckle down!

Have a happy & healthy one!
Mike
Old 07-08-2005, 04:54 PM   #145
DisDon
Mouseketeer

Hey Mike, good luck this weekend, that Farmer's Market sounds good, I could use some fresh stuff. Applebee's sounds good too, the Santa Fe Chicken Salad is my favorite salad anywhere. Don't get it too often, not in my normal budget. Enjoy your nap!
Several more trips during teenage years, HS band marched in the parade.
1991 - New Year's - married 3 months!
2000- MLK Weekend - 3 kids + 1 on the way!
2005 WDW at last! offsite at Liki Tiki, 1st week of December, Christmas everywhere!
2007 DLR 16th Anniv. - First day of Halloween time!
DisDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 10:47 AM   #146
toystoryduo
Have I said anything clever??
Maybe not yet but I think I can. I think I can. I think I can

Hey Mike!

Have a great time this weekend! I think checking out Applebee's menu before you go is a great idea! Enjoy the movie!!
Old 07-09-2005, 10:51 AM   #147
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayButterfly
hey.. i'm just trying to eat healthier..not on true plan yet.. i am watching the carb intake a bit... so any ideas would be great! Thanks!!!
Sounds good Maybutterfly! I have been scanning my recipe files to pull some together and will post them this weekend here.

Hope you are having a good weekend!
Mike
Old 07-09-2005, 10:59 AM   #148
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toystoryduo
Hey Mike!

Have a great time this weekend! I think checking out Applebee's menu before you go is a great idea! Enjoy the movie!!
Hi Tracy!
I am glad I checked out the Applebee's menu. I am thinking I will order the grilled chicken and veggies platter they have which is like a riceless version of their fajitas with nicer veggies & whole wheat tortillas. Of course with my luck we will go somewhere else but hey at least I have some ideas of what I might get and I can't go wrong at most places with a chicken caesar salad or something similar. I know I will survive!

I went to the Coke website to look for the Disney Trip contest and can't find it! Anyone know where it is specifically?? I need my revenge! hehe Even if I don't win, my next trip will kind of be paid for by Coke anyway as I don't sink any money into their products anymore! I keep thinking more and more it could be fun to journal when I would have spent cash on coke and then every time I get paid take that money and put it with my trip money.

I hope that you are having a happy & healthy weekend Tracy!
Mike
Old 07-09-2005, 11:04 AM   #149
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore25
Hi Mike,

I too hope that everything works out with the paycheck. It is always nice to have that extra cash!

How are things going today?

Have a wonderful weekend!
Thanks for the support Jamie!!! I am doing pretty good. Yesterday was a weird food day in that work was so wild that I did not get a lunch break (my choice, I was in a zone on several projects! I did drink 64oz of water though hehe!) so I made lunch when I got home around five. Which meant that I wasn't hungry again really til after 11pm, and I refuse to eat that late now, so I had no dinner, but I was not starving & I figure I have more than enough "extra fuel" on my body to make it through the night once! hehe

How are you this fine day? Great I hope!!!
Bye for now!
Mike
Old 07-09-2005, 11:06 AM   #150
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisDon
Hey Mike, good luck this weekend, that Farmer's Market sounds good, I could use some fresh stuff. Applebee's sounds good too, the Santa Fe Chicken Salad is my favorite salad anywhere. Don't get it too often, not in my normal budget. Enjoy your nap!
Hey Don!
I love a good Farmer's market, I hope this one is good! I just need to stay in the veggie section and not head near the baked goods, jams, pies, etc! hehe
I ended up wrapped up in a movie and skipped the nap, lol.
Hope you are doing well man and staying strong!

Later,
Mike

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: