Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2012, 08:32 AM   #1
KayTom
Mouseketeer

Arrow Losing weight and getting healthy for my trip in January 2013

Hello to all you DISers out there. This is the first time i've done a blog or something like it, so bear with me and let me know if i should do anything differently.

My name is Kayleigh. I'm 25 and live in the UK with my boyfriend Tom in my parents house while we are saving up for our own place.

Background
I've struggled with my weight since i hit puberty, though i was very slim before then. I was an early starter and felt very insecure to be different. In my teens i sustained a knee injury which resulted in me putting on a lot of weight as my eating habits didn't change but i was unable to exercise or even walk for a long time.

I did manage to lose weight before on the cambridge diet (shakes) but i put it back on and hated the taste. I've been wanting to lose some weight and feel better about myself for a little while and this year has brought all the motivation i could ask for. Birthdays, family trips, a wedding and then in January we are going to Orlando and plan to do Disney and Universal. I want to do them without struggling due to my weight.

Weight
Starting weight on July 5th 2012: 251.5lb
Current weight on October 31st: 242lb
Total loss:9.5

The Plan
So far i have been lightly adjusting my diet to get into the swing of things and i'm really pleased that i've lost half a stone so far

Since starting this blog, i've joined slimming world, which has been really fantastic. The other members are really supportive and i find the actual diet very manageable...i'm not even hungry, though i do still get cravings for naughty things.

Any questions, comments or encouragement will be gratefully received and if anyone wants to join me, please feel free.

Thanks for reading,
Kayleigh xx

Last edited by KayTom; 10-31-2012 at 05:32 PM.
KayTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:34 AM   #2
KayTom
Mouseketeer

Weight Tracker

07/05/12 - 251.5lb
08/09/12 - 244lb (-7.5)
08/16/12 - 243.75lb (-7.75)
08/23/12 - 243.5lb (-8)
08/30/12 - 243.5lb (-8)
10/31/12 - 242lb (-9.5)
11/13/12 - 241.5lb (-10)
12/04/12 - 240lb (-11.5)

Last edited by KayTom; 12-07-2012 at 01:18 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-11-2012, 04:41 PM   #3
KayTom
Mouseketeer

Sickness bug making the rounds at the moment, so my 30 day shred has been delayed until Monday

Due to this i've not eaten very much, but i've also been very poor at drinking and i haven't been very mobile.

Feeling much better today and have had a really really busy couple of days at work. Other half's mum is over so we're going to visit with our neice and nephew which will be a workout on it's own and take the dog for a nice walk to prepare for getting back into it on Monday
Old 08-15-2012, 09:45 AM   #4
KayTom
Mouseketeer

Update
I've been a bit lax in updates, purely because there isn't a lot to say at the moment, lol.

I've not been too well, which i'm not sure if it is the bug that was going around or something else. Our weather has been very changeable with it constantly altering between warm and sunny, cloudy or pouring with rain, so that could have something to do with it.

I've had a few headaches, a lot of nausea and dizziness and some sickness, which has made things a bit awkward. I have a doctor's apt tomorrow though and i can't wait as this has been going on for the last 2-3 weeks. Before anyone thinks it, no i do not think i'm pregnant, lol.

Exercise and Weight
As long as all is well, i'm going to go on the xbox kinect tomorrow evening. I am loving the Star Wars game...mostly the dancing section, lol, but it really works up a sweat and is an all over workout. Then i'll start the 30DS on monday.

So far, i've maintained my weight this week as i haven't been eating much, but i haven't been doing a lot either as some evenings after work i've had to go straight to bed

In September i have an appointment with the dietician at the hospital, which i'm looking forward to, but also quite nervous about. I'm really not sure what to expect. I've been trying to lose weight for myself, but also because my Dad had a heart attack in November so i want to be as healthy as possible. My GP offered me the free dietician appointment because of this and also because i'm on the contraceptive pill so i have to watch my weight.

Exciting things to come!
My wonderful boyfriend has booked me in for a full body massage friday afternoon which i'm really looking forward to. Can't wait! He also took me to TGI Friday's on saturday night and i had the new york strip with JD glaze. He had a burger. It was wonderful, he's such a sweetheart!

In 2 weeks he's taking me away for a long weekend for my 26th birthday. I'm really excited, but it's a surprise location so i don't know very much. It's in England, it's less than 2 hours by train, he's had someone make me a cake and we can take our swimsuits if we like, haha!

His birthday is in November...i have no idea how to make it as special as he is making mine, but i'm working on it.

Then a week after my birthday, my Mum and I are going to Ireland to visit my Mum's family for a week. My Granny isn't very well, but she'll be 96 this month so i can't complain. It's a bittersweet trip.

Coming up next
Tomorrow is my official weigh in day.

I don't think my weight will have changed any but i've had 2 litres of water today, a banana for breakfast, healthy lunch and will be having a healthy dinner and taking Chippy (12yo springer spaniel) out for a walk.

I'll let you know xx
Old 08-15-2012, 01:41 PM   #5
KayTom
Mouseketeer

Quick update!

I've just been to tesco and bought zumba for the kinect.

My plans....though my motivation disappears into a deep dark hole when i have to get out of my amazingly comfy bed....are to start getting up with my boyfriend at 6:30 and doing 30-60 mins of exercise in the morning.

This will give me time to wake up properly, do my exercise, eat breakfast, have a shower and get myself ready for work. I am a beauty therapist, so appearance matters in my job, another reason i'm looking forward to losing weight
Old 08-16-2012, 04:41 AM   #6
KayTom
Mouseketeer

Weigh in day

My weigh in this morning revealed i had lost the grand total of a quarter pound, lol. Better than i expected i suppose and a loss is a loss after all.

I won't be changing my ticker today though, i'll wait until it's a whole pound.

I have the doctor in less than an hour so i'm really looking forward to hearing what they say...fingers crossed xx
Old 08-16-2012, 07:05 AM   #7
KayTom
Mouseketeer

Doctor's results

It turns out that i have a viral infection which is why i've been feeling so dizzy and sick. My body will fight it on it's own, but it can take several weeks. I don't need to go back unless i have a severe relapse.

I'm so relieved!

Gotta run to work now. See you all later xx
Old 08-17-2012, 12:26 PM   #8
KayTom
Mouseketeer

I've been so spoilt today by my gorgeous man! He treated me to a lovely full body massage at the local salon. It was heaven...i had so many knots and now they are all gone and i'm floating on air

Having a nice day off exercise today, but i've had plenty of water and fruit and generally been good otherwise. Back to it tomorrow xx
Old 08-19-2012, 01:48 PM   #9
KayTom
Mouseketeer

Having a great time playing on my kinect zumba and star wars games...omg does it make you sweat! Attractive i know, but it'll be worth it in the end.

I've actually reached that point where i want water now. If i need a drink, that's what i grab out of the fridge. I keep a 1.5 litre bottle at work to drink every day and have at least the remaining 0.5 when i get home.

I'm also staying away from fizzy drinks without a battle. Coca cola has always been my downfall, even more so when my bf moved in and started keeping a 6 pack in our room. It was just so easy to reach for a can rather than go downstairs for something else, but not anymore. Also, if i do have one for some reason, i can leave it at one and not get the craving for more and more.

My bf is helping too, by asking me if i want anything when he goes downstairs, suggesting water and not asking me if i want coke.

I have Mondays off work, so tomorrow i'm going to get up early, go to the dentist (crown fitting, ugh) and then work my butt off on the kinect. This hot weather is really motivating me too...there is nothing worse than feeling like you want to cover up when it is so warm and sunny.

In the evening we're going to the cinema with friends, which should be fun even though neither of us is really bothered about the film...the new bourne, supremecy maybe?

Oh and i've had a couple of great boosters recently. We dressed up for a night out last weekend and i felt great and was told i looked great. Yesterday my Mum was telling me how you can see that i've lost weight and she is my harshest critic...she doesn't mean to be, she just has absolutely no tact whatsoever, lol

Finally, i wore a dress out shopping today without a cardigan for the first time in about 2 years i'd say. Some of the ladies will understand when i say that i feel uncomfortable about my upper arms and that back fat you can get where your bra strap is...not anymore!!! I was so nervous before we went out, but it's so hot. I felt a little brave and tried it on to test and my bf was like WOW, i love it when you wear a dress, please don't change...so i didn't. I wouldn't be lying or exagerating if i said i felt a kind of euphoria today.

Each day i'm getting a little bit closer to my goal and my dream xx
Old 08-20-2012, 04:43 AM   #10
KayTom
Mouseketeer

Post-Dentist

Not feeling quite so motivated to exercise any more, lol. Crown fittings apparently are uncomfortable, require injections (shudder), make me come pretty close to gagging, take ages and leave me with smooshes of dried icky stuff all over my face. I'm feeling sexy right now, can ya tell?

New plan - relax a bit with Once Upon A Time season 1, which is new to the UK and i am in love with right now...possibly nap since i am feeling so bleurgh. Then hopefully wake up feeling much more me, so i can then get some exercise in xx
Old 08-20-2012, 06:54 AM   #11
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

I hope you feel better from your dentist apt! Yuck!!

I feel you on the soda problem. I'm a huge soda junky and I'm trying to cut it out. I ran out on Friday and by last night I had a huge headache from no caffeine. It's kind of a good reminder of how bad it is considering what happens to me when I'm out of soda!

Good luck!
Old 08-21-2012, 12:52 PM   #12
KayTom
Mouseketeer

Thankyou, i'm feeling fantastic now, no problems thanks goodness

I hate that caffeine headache, the same with sweet things.

I had a good ole rest yesterday and managed to feel better to go to the cinema. We saw the Bourne Legacy and although i did like the trilogy, this didn't hold my interest at all. Luckily it was only £5 per ticket and it was nice to get dinner and chat with our friends.

I've been working hard today and i've been such a good girl, lol. I'm really hoping the scales shift downwards on Thursday as they seem to be a bit stuck.

On a sidenote, my aunt (uncle's wife) died today and although i didn't really know her, (very large family) i'm feeling quite off. I feel a bit like i'm in mourning for my Uncle, his sons and their sons. They just celebrated their golden (50th) wedding anniversary about 3 weeks ago and i can't imagine how it must feel to spend 50+ years of your life with someone for them one day to be gone. She had a massive heart attack on sunday and was on life support since.

As sad as i feel for them, it is a reminder about how lucky we were with my Dad's heart attack and emphasises the importance of getting healthy!

Well, i'm off to get my waxing done now...that should remove a couple pounds xx
Old 08-23-2012, 11:03 AM   #13
KayTom
Mouseketeer

Weigh in

Lost 0.75lb bringing me to a total of 8lb lost Woohoo xx
Old 08-25-2012, 09:14 AM   #14
ChrisRuns
Training for my third run around the World!

It sounds like you're making great progress! I'm sorry that you've been ill, that's no fun and doesn't make anything easy.

When will you be in Disney? Marathon weekend is January 11-13, there's a lot of interesting health and fitness things at the Expo in ESPN WWOS. My fiancé is also trying to get in shape and is running the 5k on that Friday as a goal.
ChrisRuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:30 PM   #15
KayTom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRuns View Post
It sounds like you're making great progress! I'm sorry that you've been ill, that's no fun and doesn't make anything easy.

When will you be in Disney? Marathon weekend is January 11-13, there's a lot of interesting health and fitness things at the Expo in ESPN WWOS. My fiancé is also trying to get in shape and is running the 5k on that Friday as a goal.
Thankyou! I feel great now, luckily.

We will be flying to Orlando on January 10th and leaving on the 19th. We are staying offsite but will probably be in Disney after the marathon weekend, however we might come over sooner for just a little look around.

That's fantastic for your fiance Lots of luck to her. (I'm assuming Chris is a man's name, but if i'm wrong please correct me!) Will you be running too? Is she just aiming to get healthy or does she want to lose some weight? I can imagine with a wedding coming up, you both want to look and feel your best. When is the big day?

A couple of years ago, when i was in better shape i ran/walked a 13mile marathon in Dublin, but it nearly killed me! I don't think i was built to run, haha, i can do exercise classes, dancing, aerobics, cycling...but running...not so much. I really struggle to get my breathing right, which then makes my chest and back ache...but i don't have this problem with any other sport or exercise. Maybe i'm just a weirdo, lol

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: