Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2005, 08:51 PM   #1
DOINGDISNEY05
Earning My Ears

Need Instructions on how to make Tie dye T-shirts with Mickey Mouse face

Hello Everyone,
I was talking to a woman at my work and she was leaving for WDW that day. I noticed she was wearing a very bright colorful Tie Dye shirt with a bright yellow Mickey Mouse face and ears in the middle and all brightly different color tie dyes around the rest of the shirt. It was very nice. I asked her where she got this shirt and she told me she made them for her whole family to wear on their trip. She told me she used paper plates to make the face and ears of Mickey and Tie dyed the rest of the shirt. She told me she learned how to make them from a Disney site on the Internet. I have searched to find instructions on making theses T-Shirts and have had NO LUCK . Does anyone know where I can find instructions on making them? Thanks in advance
DOINGDISNEY05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 08:54 PM   #2
java
I am embracing the Turkey Butt
We have the mentally insane lab and the incredibly flatulent Bulldog
I'm the mean wife

Search for post your favorite tee shirts in the Theme park threads it was on that board about 1-2 weeks ago. I am not computer savvy so I can't post the link.
java is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2005, 08:57 PM   #3
DOINGDISNEY05
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by java
Search for post your favorite tee shirts in the Theme park threads it was on that board about 1-2 weeks ago. I am not computer savvy so I can't post the link.
Thank you so much
Old 06-18-2005, 09:44 PM   #4
Baloo

Laughter is the bloom
of a happy heart
Italian pixie
**WARNING**
Wand is a wooden spoon!

Here's a link to the thread on TPAS.There are instructions for the tye dyed shirt but I can't remember on which page! http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=826364

Baloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 10:30 PM   #5
Disney Ontario
Ontario Disney

Hi. My DD12 made one at the Vistanna Resort in Florida in March. The instructor pulled up two small bunches near the top of shirt and tied them with elastics, for the ears. Then pulled a larger one in the middle of shirt for the head.She dipped the small ones in one colour then the larger one in another. Carefully they dipped the rest of shirt in another. Rinse and remove elastics. Turned out neat, but I wish the dye was on longer to make it a stronger, darker colour. I hope it works for yous and you understanded my instructions. Maybe I should try this again at home. I could even use this for my curtains in my soon to be Disney scrap room.
Disney Ontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 10:35 PM   #6
robinb
DIS Veteran

Here are the instructions I used:
http://www.themouseforless.com/commu...se/shirt.shtml

... and got this:

Old 06-18-2005, 10:44 PM   #7
DOINGDISNEY05
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb
Here are the instructions I used:
http://www.themouseforless.com/commu...se/shirt.shtml

... and got this:

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP. Your shirt came out GREAT. Cant wait to make them for our visit to WDW in oct.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: