Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2005, 04:48 PM   #1
idofabric
"How do I...?"

Onsite stay/free meals & Military discount?

My DH, who just went with me May28-June4, came home and said that he heard that we could go down to WDW, stay, get the free meal deal AND a military discount...
Now I am really,almost postive, that he is wrong. I have checked everything/website/place I can think of. And I have seen that the WDW special that is good from Aug to Oct 4 is not available with any other discount, or so I have read on several sites, including Disney.
So, just in case I am wrong, and that would be great, any one else have any idea if DH might be correct? When we came home he said that was enought Disney for the year,except for Food and Wine/MNSSHP, and in less then 4 days came home with this info! So I guess we might get another trip in after all.

Also what happens if 2 of the 3 people going down have PApass's? Do we not get a room discount,and just go for the meal deal? And will we need to buy more MYW tickets? If so can we get them and pay the non expire option and then use them in a few years if we don't keep up our PAP's?

Thanks for any/all info and help!
Other Disney trips... well, the kids got to go... But I own the timeshare and buy the tickets!
idofabric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 05:56 PM   #2
milmore104
My DH is "Dusty Boots"

You are right. You can not combine the free dining offer w/ any other offer. As for the AP question. If you would like the free dining package yes you will have to buy at least a one day pass for everyone in your party that is on your package that is! Everyone in your party has to have the SAME tickets. Yes you can use them at a later date if you buy the NE option

milmore104 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2005, 11:16 PM   #3
UrsulasMyHero
Don't forget the importance of BODY Language!

Quote:
Originally Posted by milmore104
You are right. You can not combine the free dining offer w/ any other offer. As for the AP question. If you would like the free dining package yes you will have to buy at least a one day pass for everyone in your party that is on your package that is! Everyone in your party has to have the SAME tickets. Yes you can use them at a later date if you buy the NE option
You get an A+ for accuracy. Thank you for being so knowledgable.

At this point, and I just checked with my friend COG, there are no military discounts available thru CRO. Im sorry. Now if your husband is in the military, he can check with his base they may have an offer that CRO isn't familiar with.

9/12
UrsulasMyHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 09:42 AM   #4
idofabric
"How do I...?"

Thanks lots, folks!
Am double checking with a friend that is a Dreams Unlimited travel agent....
Since that is the source he was quoting. I am %99.999 sure he got it , humm, not correct. But since he was the one sugestting the trip I want to make triple sure before I let him know. Also want to find out the exact $$$ for a trip... just in case, don't ya know!
Would love if Disney extended this a week or even a few days... we have a tentive trip planned for the Columbus Day weekend 'cause that is a school holiday and DS is in his first HS year and don't want him to miss any more school then he has to!
Other Disney trips... well, the kids got to go... But I own the timeshare and buy the tickets!
Old 06-14-2005, 10:03 AM   #5
Pigsty333
I get censored all the time

OPERATION R&R at Shades of Green
Service members and their families on leave from Operation Iraqi Freedom or Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF) can take advantage of special package pricing. Shades of Green offers 4 to 8 night packages that include accommodations as well as breakfast and dinner at greatly reduced cost.

You need to contact Shades of Green Reservations at Walt Disney World.

Hope this helps.
Pigsty333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 11:16 AM   #6
idofabric
"How do I...?"

Thanks, Pigsty333, but we are no longer active duty.
Also SOG told me that this was only for meals at SOG.And there are some
deals only avail for active duty..

And as in all things Military, once you are not active, you don't mean squat.
And in a way that is as it should be,most times, first at Military Hosp, First in line at Commisarry, etc. But when it comes to some of the specials that are offered to Military most companies fail to realize that a lot of people gave their lives to serving. And as we come from famlies that have had multi generations serving this is a little bit of a sore spot.

Sorry I got off track! And I in NO WAY mean any disrespect to any/all current Active Duty Military members- just remember that if you all are going to be lifers it won't matter to anyone what you used to be. So take advantage of any/all discounts, specials, etc. you can while you are giving your life to the service of our Country.

And after saying all that, if any of you plan to buy MYW tickets at your local MWR please, please triple check that you are really getting what you paid for! We bought 13 MYW,PH,MPP and they DID not include the Park Hopping we were told/paid for. So when we got to the gate we had to shell out a lot more money.MWR's attitude when we got back was" TO bad, we got the tickets in wrong once and thought these were correct... you still got a good price. What is the problem?" Have a call in to the Base Command Mastercheif, and if that doesn't go well I will be calling the Frude, Waste & Abuse Hotline to report the problem.

Also be aware that a lot of MWR's will not be selling the new MYW tickets,(per 3 local MWRs in SC), cause they think it is to hard to figure out the new tickets and don't have the time to go to training.... When we were at WDW we checked with GS and were told that the majority of MYW tickets sold by the military from other then SOG were wrong. The buyers were not getting what they thought they paid for. The superviser CM we were dealing with to fix our tickets was not happy and said that management was aware of the problem with 2nd party resold tickets, ie, military and other places....

Sorry this has been Way off topic!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: