Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


View Poll Results: What's your favorite moderate pool?
Caribbean Beach Resort 16 8.51%
Coronado Springs Resort 97 51.60%
Port Orleans French Quarter 43 22.87%
Port Orleans Riverside 32 17.02%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-22-2006, 02:51 PM   #46
pooh2001
been there, done that, TRYING to go back
 
pooh2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: 100 Aker Woods
Posts: 7,073

POFQ if you have a child aged 7 and under. The water silde is the mouth of a colorful dragon which you slide down the tongue. Pool is small, but you can also use thr POR pool (and vice-a-versa)

CSR for anyone older than 7 - that includes teens, adults, grandparents

CSR pool - very large between 4' and 5' deep. Water silde is 123' long with a jaguar spitting water at you. They have a Mian water chant to start the water fall in the AM for kids. The hot tub holds 24 people (for you young adults). There is plenty of seating around the pool- mostly in the sun, beware. The pool has steps into the pool around the whole perimeter. An older adult can sit on a lower step and just relax and watch the grandkids (or other kids) play in the water. There is a kiddie pool very close by as well as a snack bar with great drinks for the over 21 crowd.
The snack bar has items for the under 21 crowd too
__________________
The Pooh Crew & tigger bullseye
Past resorts:Dolphin (EPCOT view), CR tower (MK view), WL (pool view), Dolphin (pool view), Dolphin (resort view), CSR (Rancho - quick visit)
pooh2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 03:38 PM   #47
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!
 
Buzz2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: CORONADO SPRINGS!
Posts: 17,016

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh2001
POFQ if you have a child aged 7 and under. The water silde is the mouth of a colorful dragon which you slide down the tongue. Pool is small, but you can also use thr POR pool (and vice-a-versa)

CSR for anyone older than 7 - that includes teens, adults, grandparents

CSR pool - very large between 4' and 5' deep. Water silde is 123' long with a jaguar spitting water at you. They have a Mian water chant to start the water fall in the AM for kids. The hot tub holds 24 people (for you young adults). There is plenty of seating around the pool- mostly in the sun, beware. The pool has steps into the pool around the whole perimeter. An older adult can sit on a lower step and just relax and watch the grandkids (or other kids) play in the water. There is a kiddie pool very close by as well as a snack bar with great drinks for the over 21 crowd.
The snack bar has items for the under 21 crowd too
The pool does not have steps around the whole perimeter. Steps are located in an "L" shape in front of the pyramid and directly across from the pryamid by the tiki post. The rest of the pool uses ladders to enter/exit the pool. But your right, it is a great pool!!
Buzz2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-22-2006, 04:09 PM   #48
Scraper
DIS Veteran
 
Scraper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,536

I changed my ressies from CSR to CBR because we had never stayed there. I get from this thread that CSR is #1 but is CBR nice my family is comming down from NY we will be staying at the BCV after CBR but would still like to make sure they will enjoy CBR. We have always enjoyed CSR
__________________
Oct.2004 All star sports,Dec.2004 All Star sport
March 2005 CS, May 2005 PO,Oct. 2005 CS,
DEC.2005 POP. May 2006 CS.
Aug.2006BCV. Oct.2006 BWV.
Dec.22,2006OKW. May 2007 BCV
Sept. 3, 2007,BCV. Sept 7,2007 All star S.
Oct.2007 BWV&POR Dec.2007 AKV&OKW.
May 2008 BCV . Sept. 2008 BCV. Nov.2008 BCV. Dec. 2008 BWV.
May 2009 BCV. Aug. 2009 BLT, WLV, BCV, All Star Sports
Oct.2009 WLV, Nov.2009 BWV, March 2010 OKW, July 2010 BCV.
Sept.2010 BCV AKV BWV. Nov.2010 VWL. MAY 2011 OKW.
Aug. 2011 BCV. Nov.2011 AKV. May2012 BCV, Aug. 2012 BCV,
May 2013 BCV> Aug. 2013 BCV, Oct. 2013 WLV.
Scraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 04:45 PM   #49
pooh2001
been there, done that, TRYING to go back
 
pooh2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: 100 Aker Woods
Posts: 7,073

Quote:
Originally Posted by ********
The pool does not have steps around the whole perimeter. Steps are located in an "L" shape in front of the pyramid and directly across from the pryamid by the tiki post. The rest of the pool uses ladders to enter/exit the pool. But your right, it is a great pool!!

******** - Thank you for the pool step clarifications.
So for the older crowd - sit at the edge of the pool, or just sit in the pool, near the edge, and relax and enjoy the views
__________________
The Pooh Crew & tigger bullseye
Past resorts:Dolphin (EPCOT view), CR tower (MK view), WL (pool view), Dolphin (pool view), Dolphin (resort view), CSR (Rancho - quick visit)
pooh2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 04:57 PM   #50
HopperFan
"It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess. One of those "circle of life" kind of things."
 
HopperFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: 8 Hours north of the Mouse & the Magic !
Posts: 5,103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraper
I changed my ressies from CSR to CBR because we had never stayed there. I get from this thread that CSR is #1 but is CBR nice my family is comming down from NY we will be staying at the BCV after CBR but would still like to make sure they will enjoy CBR. We have always enjoyed CSR
If you are comparing pools - there is no comparison. CBR was the first built and it is way too small for the resort. The slide is short and boring and you climb out right at the hot tub, which itself is tiny. They should consider building another hot tub in an appropriate location. They do have quiet pools.

Hot tub is left of slide, you see a small head.
http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/i..._mainpool3.jpg
http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/i..._mainpool5.jpg
http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/i..._mainpool4.jpg
__________________
"There is no right way or wrong way to do Disney, just what is right for you!"
Pirate Party 2008 Mickey's Xmas Party 2009 MNSSHP 2006 twice 2007, 2008, 2009 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013!
Unleash the Villains! 2013 & 2014 Repeaters - Food & Wine Flower & Garden Star Wars Weekend
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 for "COMPLIMENTARY" Dining

Making Magical Visits since 1971 ~ now visiting 5-6 weeks per year ON PROPERTY STAYS & Our Star Rating:
Animal Kingdom Lodge 2x ~ Wilderness Lodge
Coronado Springs 7x ~ PO Riverside (Dixie Landings) 5x (1xRoyal) ~ Bonnett Creek (w/car)
POP Century 14x ~ Hilton DTD 2x
All Star Movie ~ Doubletree Suites DTD 2x ~ Wilderness Cabins ~ All Star Sports 3x
Caribbean Beach 2x (1xPirate) ~ All Star Music 2x
Lots of offsite, but somehow it never seems right, 'though Rosen Shingle Creek was luxury I could get used to !
HopperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 05:13 PM   #51
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!
 
Buzz2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: CORONADO SPRINGS!
Posts: 17,016

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopperFan
If you are comparing pools - there is no comparison. CBR was the first built and it is way too small for the resort. The slide is short and boring and you climb out right at the hot tub, which itself is tiny. They should consider building another hot tub in an appropriate location. They do have quiet pools.

Hot tub is left of slide, you see a small head.


The slide is also the old style made of cement. CSR is the new style made of fiberglass.
Buzz2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 05:21 PM   #52
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side
 
spiceycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: birmingham, Al
Posts: 36,927

Mario - I still can't do that...

I have NEVER seem that pool that empty - except when it wasn't opened. It is generally a mad house and so are the quiet pools.
__________________
Pat J

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 04:16 AM   #53
mikkiwikki
DIS Veteran
 
mikkiwikki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Vermont
Posts: 1,646

crowds at pool - new topic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceycat
Mario - I still can't do that...

I have NEVER seem that pool that empty - except when it wasn't opened. It is generally a mad house and so are the quiet pools.
I guess crowds would depend on multiple factors.
Wish they had LIVE cams at the pools so we could check haha.
__________________
As a Kid 1978,80,82,84,89 - POLY
As Parent 2005 POR/2006 CBR/2007 SunsetLakes/ 2008 Pop.Contemporary/2009 Pop/2010 POFQ/2010 RPH.CSR/ 2011 Pop.Poly /2011 & 2012 WindsorHills / 2013 - Windsor Hills
Mikki Hubby Aidan & Sandy Misty Guido
My Trippies:
2008 ThanksGiving TR POP-O-LICIOUS / CR Summer 2011 POLYTASTIC EXTRAVAGANZA
2011- Christmas in Orlando WindsorHills XtraVaGanZa
2012 - SUMMER POP & Windsor Hills
mikkiwikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 10:30 AM   #54
HopperFan
"It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess. One of those "circle of life" kind of things."
 
HopperFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: 8 Hours north of the Mouse & the Magic !
Posts: 5,103

Thanks Buzz

I haven't figured that part out yet Visualizing is so much better than trying to explain.
Cement - okay that explains why the kids went so slow. We stayed there after POR and were not happy with the slide.
__________________
"There is no right way or wrong way to do Disney, just what is right for you!"
Pirate Party 2008 Mickey's Xmas Party 2009 MNSSHP 2006 twice 2007, 2008, 2009 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013!
Unleash the Villains! 2013 & 2014 Repeaters - Food & Wine Flower & Garden Star Wars Weekend
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 for "COMPLIMENTARY" Dining

Making Magical Visits since 1971 ~ now visiting 5-6 weeks per year ON PROPERTY STAYS & Our Star Rating:
Animal Kingdom Lodge 2x ~ Wilderness Lodge
Coronado Springs 7x ~ PO Riverside (Dixie Landings) 5x (1xRoyal) ~ Bonnett Creek (w/car)
POP Century 14x ~ Hilton DTD 2x
All Star Movie ~ Doubletree Suites DTD 2x ~ Wilderness Cabins ~ All Star Sports 3x
Caribbean Beach 2x (1xPirate) ~ All Star Music 2x
Lots of offsite, but somehow it never seems right, 'though Rosen Shingle Creek was luxury I could get used to !
HopperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 10:35 AM   #55
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!
 
Buzz2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: CORONADO SPRINGS!
Posts: 17,016

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopperFan
I haven't figured that part out yet Visualizing is so much better than trying to explain.
Cement - okay that explains why the kids went so slow. We stayed there after POR and were not happy with the slide.
Just use [IMG] instead of [URL] in posting images. or just click on yellow block with mountains in it. You can only see the yellow block when you hit "post reply". It is right above the box you post your text in.
Buzz2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 11:20 AM   #56
HopperFan
"It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess. One of those "circle of life" kind of things."
 
HopperFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: 8 Hours north of the Mouse & the Magic !
Posts: 5,103

Okay, here's my test...



I did it

If I can learn one thing new every day than I am moving forward !

Thank you Buzz !
__________________
"There is no right way or wrong way to do Disney, just what is right for you!"
Pirate Party 2008 Mickey's Xmas Party 2009 MNSSHP 2006 twice 2007, 2008, 2009 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013!
Unleash the Villains! 2013 & 2014 Repeaters - Food & Wine Flower & Garden Star Wars Weekend
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 for "COMPLIMENTARY" Dining

Making Magical Visits since 1971 ~ now visiting 5-6 weeks per year ON PROPERTY STAYS & Our Star Rating:
Animal Kingdom Lodge 2x ~ Wilderness Lodge
Coronado Springs 7x ~ PO Riverside (Dixie Landings) 5x (1xRoyal) ~ Bonnett Creek (w/car)
POP Century 14x ~ Hilton DTD 2x
All Star Movie ~ Doubletree Suites DTD 2x ~ Wilderness Cabins ~ All Star Sports 3x
Caribbean Beach 2x (1xPirate) ~ All Star Music 2x
Lots of offsite, but somehow it never seems right, 'though Rosen Shingle Creek was luxury I could get used to !
HopperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 11:40 PM   #57
disneydance
DIS Veteran
 
disneydance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 6,629

coronada springs lol
__________________
Katie (:

Past Trips
~ 1998 Disneyland ~ 2002 Disneyland(Embassy Suites Anaheim South) ~ 2007 Disneyworld(Animal Kingdom Lodge) ~ 2009 Disneyland(Comfort Inn & Suites) ~
disneydance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 06:21 AM   #58
Lilolvr
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Fantasyland
Posts: 3,837

Csr!!
Lilolvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 06:29 AM   #59
matlock42373
Mouseketeer
 
matlock42373's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Burdett , NY , USA
Posts: 159

French Quarter is the best. IMO
\
__________________




Royal Carriage 1 & 2 Stroller Swap! Whether you have 2 kids or 1 kid and a lot of stuff!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1884960
matlock42373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 05:19 PM   #60
heaport1124
Earning My Ears
 
heaport1124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 16

Hi all,
I just ended up switching over from CBR to CSR for my stay June 12-16! The pool looks great. I was a little wary because we have usually stayed at CBR and my Dh and I like to go back to the pool in the evening after the park day is done for a little r&r whle the kids swim, is that possible at CSR at the main pool? How late is it open in the summer? Is Siesta's little pool bar open at night? I am really looking forward to our stay here, it is really time for a change.
Heather
__________________
Disnye Luvva!
Ramada Maingate 1990
POFQ 2000

Caribbean Beach Resort 2002
Coronado Springs 2007
heaport1124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pool chemical question mamajoan Community Board 6 05-27-2005 09:57 PM
Pool Hop to??? lenshanem DVC Member Services 14 05-26-2005 05:35 PM
Pool ? tjmw2727 Disney Cruise Line Forum 27 03-08-2005 11:52 AM
What is your favorite moderate pool? LittleBoPeep Disney Resorts 13 03-07-2005 07:55 PM
Tell Me About Your Pool Heater, Please Toby'sFriend Community Board 5 03-04-2005 01:53 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: