Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2005, 05:12 AM   #1
Nicsmom
DIS Veteran

Yard Sale Pricing Help - Little Tikes

I'm having my Disney vacation fund yard sale this Sunday. I'm not sure how much I should price the Little Tikes stuff that I have. I have a kitchen. I don't think they sell it anymore. I bought it about 7 years ago but it's in perfect shape. I also have all the pots/pans/dishes/food. It includes a stove, fridge, sink, dishwasher and table all in one piece. It's about 5 feet long. I paid about $150 for it. At the same time I bought the Little Tikes doll house. It's huge and pink. I have all the furniture and people which I bought in separate sets. I probably paid over $100 for all of it. I also have a washer/dryer/ironing board. This is about 15 years old but in great shape. I also have baby car seats, high chair, stroller. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Nicsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 06:32 AM   #2
stahshee
wheres my Camero?

it sounds like we have the same items. i to have the huge doll house. it cost me 110 at the time my friend bought it at a tag sale for 10 dollars. i would ask 25 max! no one really wants to pay high prices at a yard saled i also would charge the same for the kitchen set. i am having a sale all this weekend and im selling my eletronic talking kitchen ( 3yrs old ) for 10 dollars with the stuff/ i am a pro at going to sales and selling. i am having a 10 weekend disney fund sale now through aug. the last weekend i am going to have a 2 dollar bag sale. hey if you need any more tips feel free to ask.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2005, 07:04 AM   #3
Rpsemont
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

You may want to do a little research on e-bay. If they seem to sell on e-bay, and you want to be rid of it, price it at 50% of e-bay prices (and indiate or BO). If you want to try and maximize your profit, price it at 75% of ebay prices and if it doesn't sell, put it on e-bay as a local delivery item only. I had an outdoor play house, that had never been outdoors. Cost us $149. I put it at a tag sale for $60 and it didn't sell. I put in on e-bay with a $50 reserve and no one beat the reserve. I relisted with a minimum price of $45 (which is what someone had bid) and I ended up getting $90 for it.
There clearly is a market for toys in good shape, you just have to have the patience and the energy to find it.
Feb 2003 - BWV and DOLPHIN;
Oct 2003 - Sher. Safari, Dolphin, BWV
Feb 2004 - BWV, Renaissance@Seaworld, OKW
Nov 2004 1st trip home! BWV,OKW;Feb 05 OKW,POFQ
Rpsemont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 07:08 AM   #4
Christy
Mouseketeer

I would say go for the $20. each for the dollhouse & kitchen. Someone will barter and if you start at $10., they'll ask for lower. If you go too high, people will look at it and sometimes pass it by because they "can't believe the price on it!"

I've had garage sales every year-and as a kid would help my mom have them-but now I'm thinking about Ebay for some things. I like the idea of having people bid HIGHER rather than lower for my stuff!!
Christy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 07:20 AM   #5
bonzarella
DIS Veteran

Good a.m., I had a garage sale last week with a LT log cabin home. I asked 75.00 and probably should have went 100.00, people were at my door two days b4 the sale. It was in pretty good shape except for the decals. Also had a LT tool shop w/o any accesories that went for 10.00. Now if I could only get rid of the Cabbage Patch dolls as my DSS have no interest in them. Good luck to you
4/08 Star Island [12/07 Xmas @ Ft. W cabins 11/07 at Bonnet Creek 10/07 at Silver Lakes F&W&W&W&W 9/07 Bouncedback w/FDP @Pop at Bonnet Creek 6/07 Bonnet Creek OKW-offsite 3/07 Proud Parents of AKV 2/07 OKW-Pirate & Princess Party 11/06-OKW-MVMCP with KB! 9/06-Pop Century/FDP/Bonnet Creek 3/06-OKW-Spring Break10/05-OKW/MNSSHP 7/05-OKW/Vero Beach/OKW 3/05-Regal Palm 10/04-DVC MEMBERS
7/04-Fort Wilderness Cabins-1st Family trip

[
bonzarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 07:22 AM   #6
imsayin
DIS Veteran

Definitely look on ebay. For the doll house, I would look at ebay prices for the furntiture & accessories without the actual doll house. It is easy to ship without the big house and probably a lot more profitable on Ebay.
imsayin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 07:55 AM   #7
polkadotladybug
Addicted to ebay!

Definitely check on ebay for the individual dollhouse pieces! The ones that are the most popular are the mini versions of the larger toys - ie the turtle sandbox, blue pool, kitchen, slide, outdoor toy thingie, Mr Magoo car, and some others that I can't remember - Those individually can fetch really great money!

But ebay and yardsales are NOT the same! So don't expect Yvonne Yardsaler to pay ebay prices. There is some work involved in ebaying, but it's quite worth it in the end. There is nothing more irritating that going to a yardsale and having the person say "I can get XX$ on ebay for these!" or they have a printout of what it's selling for! I've - more than once!- just said - "then sell it on ebay!" and turned around and walked away!
polkadotladybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 08:47 AM   #8
Nicsmom
DIS Veteran

Wow

You guys are awesome. I will definitely check out ebay, especially for the smaller items. Thanks.
Nicsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: