DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which pool to hop to???
Poly 19 59.38%
BW 7 21.88%
Coronado Springs 3 9.38%
Other, see post 3 9.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-25-2005, 07:26 PM   #1
lenshanem

DIS Veteran / DVC Member

Pool Hop to???

We're gonna pool hop one day next month. I'm taking my Mom and girls. I was thinking either the Poly (Mom has never been to this pool, but the girls went to swim there last month and it was a hit), BW (girls have been there, Mom never has) or Coronado Springs (we stayed here years ago, youngest wasn't even born yet, Mom has seen the pool, but I think my oldest would enjoy it now). Or any other pools???

Anyway, why not do a poll I thought!

We only have one day to pool hop cause there is a pool hopping restriction the day after we arrive for the rest of our stay. Girls are 7 and 4.

Thanks!
Old 05-25-2005, 07:34 PM   #2
cruise-o-matic
DVC..............Wannabe, DVC..............Gonnabe, DVC..............Finally!

Go to CSR and get some Margarita's....
CSR - Nov 2004
WL - Sep 2006 DW Triathlon
POFQ - Jan 2007 Marathon

DVC Member - Jan 2005
HHI - Sep 2005 1st Trip Home!; Apr 2006; Apr 2007; Jul 2007; Mar 2008
BCV - Dec 2005; Jul 2006 & POR too; Aug 2008
WLV - Oct 2006
OKW - Jan 2009 Goofy

Leave a Legacy Tiles:
East 2-A-7-1-28 mr&mrs-o-matic
East 2-C-19-9-6 daughter-o-matic
cruise-o-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-25-2005, 07:42 PM   #3
Maistre Gracey
Still trying to figure out the mystery of the 'Downy Ball' and the Tag Fairies??!!
Kevin Bacon looks just like me<

I will always have a soft spot for The Poly, so that's what I voted for.

Have fun!

MG

PS- I seem to recall that you were also visiting VB. Is that still happening?

Maistre Gracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 07:58 PM   #4
lenshanem

DIS Veteran / DVC Member

Hey MG!

We're leaving for VB this coming Sunday with the in-laws.
In June I'm taking my Mom and girls to SSR. We're doing a non park trip! We plan on going to BB and TL and doing stuff at the resorts. I'm trying to come up with some fun stuff for us to do. My Mom doesn't want to go to the parks. She says she is burned out!

On the resort board I asked about changing rooms at Coronado and was told I would need a room key??? When we pool hopped to the Poly we had no problems. We called prior to going and everyone was nice there.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:38 PM   #5
wintergreen
DIS Veteran

The Caribbean Beach Resort also has a very cool pool. You might want to try that one.

"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."--John Maynard Keynes
"Too much of anything is bad, but too much Champagne is just right."--Mark Twain
wintergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 08:40 PM   #6
newholidayx2
Searching for the perfect tree
Do you get bunny kisses?

DS13 & I are planning on pool hopping to the GF (after dinner at GF Cafe), Poly (after brkst at Kona), Contemp (after brkfst at Chef Mickey's) and BW (after brkfst at Spoodles) during our Aug vacation

Nov 2009 - employed by Disney
Dec 27 2008 - relocated to FL
newholidayx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 08:03 AM   #7
Scoootch
DIS Veteran

I'd hop to the GF. The pool is similar to the one at the Poly only it usually seems a little less crowded IMO. Plus they have a very nice changing area with showers at the GF's pool.

CSR from what I hear has a great pool too but not so sure about changing areas

Have fun!

Scoootch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 08:20 AM   #8
WithDisneySpirit
DIS Veteran

I say Poly too, because its a hit with the girls and I bet your Mom would love the theming and maybe some shopping...
Old 05-26-2005, 09:14 AM   #9
lenshanem

DIS Veteran / DVC Member

Thanks everyone.

On the resort board someone else mentioned that even POR FQ has room key activated bathrooms.

I wonder why it is hard to use a moderate bathroom, but the deluxe bathrooms are open???
Old 05-26-2005, 09:32 AM   #10
castleri
DIS Veteran

We have hopped to CSR several times and the changing area is fine, showers and all. Didn't need a key just went in and really enjoyed the margaritas.
Old 05-26-2005, 10:13 AM   #11
lenshanem

DIS Veteran / DVC Member

I wonder if I'm getting that info cause they look down on DVCers pool hopping???

I've yet to recall a bathroom near a WDW pool that was locked and needed a key. Now I've seen signs that after hours you need your key, but I don't think I've ever come across one during the day that wasn't open. Anyone?
Old 05-26-2005, 10:37 AM   #12
Scoootch
DIS Veteran

Shan...we stayed at FQ last june over a wknd and the bathroom by the Dabloon lagoon pool was open but as you mentioned, had the key entry for after hrs. I don't think they'd lock the bathrooms at any resort pools during regular hrs. I've yet to see any locked during daytime hrs anyway

Scoootch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 12:19 PM   #13
Tooneric
Maturity Impaired

I voted for the Poly. I just love that resort. Have a Mai Tai for me if you go there.

Oh, and I read (in the Allearsnet newsletter I think?) there is a new store at the Poly with wood carvings from Bali. It looked like a clothes shop, but the few pics of the wood carvings were really cool. One of my hobbies is woodworking, and recently I've been carving tiki's. (Another new hobby is the Ouija Board, but that's another story for another post). If you get chance to snap a few pictures of the carvings, I'd love to see them! I'm sure I'll get there next year to check it out in person.

Tooneric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 12:54 PM   #14
Rash
Gosh, it sure is swell in here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooneric
I voted for the Poly. I just love that resort. Have a Mai Tai for me if you go there.

Oh, and I read (in the Allearsnet newsletter I think?) there is a new store at the Poly with wood carvings from Bali. It looked like a clothes shop, but the few pics of the wood carvings were really cool. One of my hobbies is woodworking, and recently I've been carving tiki's. (Another new hobby is the Ouija Board, but that's another story for another post). If you get chance to snap a few pictures of the carvings, I'd love to see them! I'm sure I'll get there next year to check it out in person.
Why don't you ask the Ouija board which pool? Or is your planchette malfunctioning again? (how embarassing).
Old 05-26-2005, 06:35 PM   #15
Tooneric
Maturity Impaired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rash
Why don't you ask the Ouija board which pool? Or is your planchette malfunctioning again? (how embarassing).
Yes, and my wife is not happy about it at all! I brought it to Madame Leota's Planchette Repair shop. I knew something was amiss when it said the Eagles would win the Superbowl.

Tooneric is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: