Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2005, 06:33 PM   #1
poohs4me
DIS Veteran

Costume Ideas for Pirate Night?

Could anyone give me some inexpensive pirate night costume ideas for adults and kids?

Thanks
poohs4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 08:46 PM   #2
daisymae
Earning My Ears

Pirate Night Costumes

I went to a party store and bought these inexpensive pirate hats and eye patches - hats less than a dollar each and the eyepatches were about a dollar a package of six. I also found a pirate flag which we placed as a centerpiece on our table - placed it in one of the folded up napkins which acted like a vase. The servers loved it. I saw one family who put their girls in short sleeve white shirts and colorful beach sarongs which they tied like a skirt - looked very cute. Cheap hoop earings looked great on people wearing the pirate scarves they give you. I also brought the neon/light bracelets and neckaces you can buy at Walmart (in the party section). They're great for up on deck during the party. I didn't buy enough - kids wanted more. We had a so much fun on pirate night - you'll love it.
daisymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 09:02 PM   #3
MaryKMN
Cruising in June

DS - AKA "Scurvy Pete" - is all set because I made him a pirate costume for Halloween 2 years ago. I used a hand-me-down red&white striped shirt, cut up the neck, sleeves and bottom. An old pair of sweatpants cut raggedy at the bottom, a sash, tacked a stuffed parrot on his shoulder, a bandana on his head. He also has a sword, but I think it will stay home - there is a limit to how much I will try to cram in a suitcase.

DD - AKA One-eyed Rosie - will probably wear a gauzy white shirt and some capris, with a sash around her waist.

Me/ Cantankerous Kate - something similar to DD

DH- Captain Mal du Mer - ????

We pretty much live as pirate all the time on our own boat! LOL!

Bandanas make great pirate headgear and take little room in the suitcase.

Last edited by MaryKMN; 05-05-2005 at 09:22 PM.
MaryKMN is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: