Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2005, 10:28 AM   #1
juggernaut
Earning My Ears

What rides are safe for a 4 month pregnant women?

I am sure this has been asked before and I apologize, but what rides are safe for 4 month pregnant women at USO and IOA? We want to go to both parks but if she can't ride much then they don't want to spend the money on tickets? It looks like if we had to pick one park, Universal would have the most options for her to do.

Thanks.
juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 08:11 AM   #2
the Dark Marauder
Proud Redhead
Time Travel Grand Master
It has achieved Legendary status

Expectant mothers can ride anything they want, as long as they know what each ride does and why certain ones should be avoided. Universal also cannot assume responsibility if anything happens to the unborn child. Phamton is very knowledgeable about the subject.

Generally, the "safe" rides for expectant mothers are ones that have no fast spinning or dropping. In USF this eliminates ROTM and MIB. In IOA this eliminates Hulk, Dragons, Doctor Doom, Spider-Man, Storm Force Accelatron, Ripsaw Falls, Jurassic Park, and Cat in the Hat.
Other attractions have the expectant mother warning because they use lap restraints and/or other effects: bumping, fire, shaking, etc. USF would have more to do if she doesn't want to go on everything. If she wants to go on everything, she can.
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2005, 09:44 AM   #3
WDWendy
Tigger in Training!

Shrek

I have heard people mention stationary seating for Shrek, there are probably other rides that have that option.
WDWendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 11:28 AM   #4
Sherrilatte
Pure n' simple

Stay away from BTTF..
Universal/WDW (HRH/RPH) Jun '02
Universal/WDW (HRH) Jun '05
Attitude is everything...
Sherrilatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 11:28 AM   #5
phamton
Proud Redhead
My husband is right...It is all about me!Shooting your own exhaust is like cheating at solitaire

DISboards Moderator

I'm probably not the one to ask as I did everything at Disneyland, Universal Hollywood, and Knotts Berry Farm (including coasters) when I was 3 1/2 months pregnant with twins. I also rode my horses up until the day of delivery. My twin babies were both 7 pounders. My doctor was of the opinion that you could do anything you felt comfortable doing. His statement was that if it was that easy to miscarry that any woman who wanted an abortion would just hit the amusement parks instead. Of course, you need to follow your own doctor's recommendations. I knew women who jogged, rode bikes, and snow skiied through-out their pregnancies.

I did have a miscarriage once but with that one, I was on complete bedrest from spotting and still miscarried even though I stayed in bed for weeks.

Personally I don't find MIB any rougher than a car or airplane ride. I'd worry about nausea more than anything. If it didn't make me puke, I rode it.
phamton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 11:28 AM   #6
the Dark Marauder
Proud Redhead
Time Travel Grand Master
It has achieved Legendary status

Shrek, T2:3D, Jimmy Neutron, and Twister all have stationary seating/standing areas.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:28 AM   #7
jeana
Earning My Ears

Pregnant

I went to disney and universal when I was four months pregnant and didn't miss anything, including bttf. No problems. I would use good judgement and ask your doctor. Universal puts warnings up to prevent any legal action against them, that's just good business on their part. Have a good time.
jeana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 02:10 PM   #8
FrostyFriend80
Earning My Ears

Just home from trip with 4 mo pregnant daughter. She could of easily did Shrek. She did do Jimmy Neutron, Jaws, and Spiderman's adventure. At Disney she did Splash Mountain 3 times as it is her favorite ride. I would just use caution as we did. As long as your feeling well you can do most of them at 4 mo. I would avoid anything that jerks or spins alot. Hope you have a good time.
FrostyFriend80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: