Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2005, 06:20 PM   #1
Arkiegirl
Mouseketeer

Question I am so confused--need major guidance

Trip date, Oct29-Nov5

I am looking at Tickets only as we have a time share condo.

I am need tickets for one child (4 yrs old) and seven adults. 5 days of park use with the park hopper option only.

I am so confused at reading this board. Unfortunately I do not have a lot of time to surf and compare prices. So I am wanting someone to get to the point with me--where in the world is the best place to purchase tickets for the least amt of $!!!!!!!!!!! I am seeing a lot of different web sites. To be honest, I tend to be a skeptic and have a hard time taking a risk. Never know if it is a scam. I live by the philosophy "If it seems too good to be true it probably is!"

I am in desperate need to help, advice, and guidance!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arkiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 06:36 PM   #2
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Start off by taking a deep breath. The following are the Disney prices.

The basic 5-day is $193 with the hopper add-on $35 plus 6.5% tax = $242.82. The child 3-9 5-day hopper including tax is $202.35. The grand total Disney price for seven adults and one child, all with 5-day hoppers is $1,901.01 including tax.

These do not include "Plus Features" and will expire 14 days after first use.

At least it gives you a base to work from. I can't make any recommendations about discounters since I have used APs since 1992. I would, however, be very suspicious of anyone giving a total price of less than $1,800.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs

Last edited by Cheshire Figment; 04-27-2005 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Had computed on wrong number of people
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2005, 06:50 PM   #3
speedyf

DIS Veteran

Using the numbers that Cheshire Figment has already posted:

7 adults at $242.82 = $1699.74
1 child at $202.35 = $ 202.35

Total = $1902.09

Usually Disney also charges an extra $3 to ship the tickets to you. The above prices are with tax for a 5 day hopper...no pluses...expiring 14 days after first use.

The cheapest ticket broker that alot of people use on TheDIS is Ticketmania.com. They are recommended by Mary Waring of Mousesavers.com and will probably get several recommendations from posters on these boards. I've used them before and have never had any problems in the past. They even photo copy your tickets before sending them to you. If you lose your ticket, you can call their office for the ticket number and have the ticket replaced....of course, I usually copy the back of the ticket anyway and bring it along in case we lose a ticket.

From their website.... www.ticketmania.com

5 Day Hopper...no pluses...expiring 14 days after first use...including tax and shipping:

7 Adults = $228 per adult = $1596
1 Child = $191 per child = $191

Total with taxes and shipping included = $1787
A savings of $115.09

Also...if you sign up for the Mousesavers.com e-mail newsletter...she usually has a link in the newsletter to the Ticket Mania website with even cheaper prices for newsletter readers.

Hope this helps....
Speed
12/14 OKW/CBR ..... 6/14 VGC ..... 9/13 SSR ..... 6/13 OKW/CBR ..... 2/13 OKW/POP ..... 12/12 BLT/OKW ..... 4/12 AKV/POLY ..... 12/11 AKV/BWV ..... 6/11-POLY/BCV ..... 6/10-BWV ..... 01/10-OKW ..... 10/09-CSR/VWL ..... 6/09-POFQ/BWV ..... 2/08-AS-Sp ..... 5/07-CBR ..... 12/06-AS-Sp/CBR ..... 6/06-POP ..... 6/05-POR ..... 6/04-POP ..... 6/94-Offsite ..... 6/85-Offsite ..... 6/79-THV
speedyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 08:36 PM   #4
CheapMom
DIS Veteran

I will get right to the point-
Go to mousesavers.com- sign up for the newsletter- On the 15th of each month you will get the newsletter. In the newsletter there is a link for buying tickets from Ticketmania and you get a discount for using that link. The prices are very cometitive.
I have used them and so have many on this board. Very reputable.

Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort ~ Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa

CheapMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 08:47 PM   #5
chop456
DIS Veteran

I agree. Sign up for the mousesavers.com newsletter and wait until the 15th for the next newsletter. Great prices.
chop456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 09:01 PM   #6
Donnask8pro
Fins to the left, Fins to the right....
sorry for you croc lovers but I have a reputation to keep..

http://www.touringplans.com/UG_Tickets.html

go to this website punch in the answers to the questions and they will give you your best options on prices. It does the work for you. But I have found AAA to be the best prices for me. Good Luck

Platinum cruiser...
Upcoming Cruisin w/ The Troublemakers
Oct 2013 Girls gone wild IV cruise Carnival Victory
August 2013 Jersey beach!
Nov 2013 Jersey Week in Disney
Feb 2014 Carnival Liberty TM7
Sept 2014 Carnival Inspiration V
Jan 2015 Carnival SUnshine TM8
Donnask8pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 09:02 PM   #7
aka-mad4themouse
Budget Board Co-Host

I have to agree with the others. Ticketmania.com is a legitimate ticket broker and has a good reputation. I've purchased tickets from them many times in the past and have never had a problem. By signing up for the MouseSavers.com Newsletter , you will get the monthly newsletter containing a link to Ticketmania.com's special pricing for MouseSavers readers.
Old 04-28-2005, 06:07 AM   #8
figgy4me
Disney Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnask8pro
http://www.touringplans.com/UG_Tickets.html

go to this website punch in the answers to the questions and they will give you your best options on prices. It does the work for you. But I have found AAA to be the best prices for me. Good Luck

I liked the way this website worked, but it must not include everybody. Ticketmania (through Mousesavers) was much cheaper for my 10-day premium with no expire tickets. We are always planning to go back, so we get the longest tickets possible. Cheaper that way.
Old 04-28-2005, 07:32 AM   #9
kandeebunny
DIS Veteran

If you have AAA call them and inquire, if you have a government ID check out your local MRW as they usually have the best price on tickets!

My furbaby Tinkerbell
kandeebunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 07:55 AM   #10
Ozymoe
I bare all!

The cheapest adult ticket I could find for 5 days of parkhopping was $225. This is for a pass that expires 14 days from its first use. The $225 includes all taxes and the postage is free from this source. The child's ticket is $188. The total for all eight of you with these tickets is $1,763 (includes all tax and shipping)

While these are good prices, there is an even better deal out there! The child's parents might consider buying premium passes if they think they will ever be coming back...whether it will be one month or more than 20 years later!

For $133 more an adult will receive:

5 additional parkhopping days

5 days admission to other Disney attractions including Blizzard Beach (waterpark), Typhoon Lagoon (waterpark), DisneyQuest, Pleasure Island and the Wide World of Sports complex

These tickets NEVER expire...meaning even if you don't come back for 20 years or more they will still be good for admission no matter how much the prices have increased.

I just thought I'd tell you about this great deal because there's at least one child in the group, if not 8...lol We Disney lovers know that if this is your first visit, especially with a 4 year old...you'll be ba-aaaack.

Oh...this same deal applies to a child's ticket which is $136 more.

Last edited by Ozymoe; 04-28-2005 at 02:41 PM.
Ozymoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 10:56 AM   #11
poohj80
Got Hunny?

This will at least show you the basics of the Magic Your Way Ticket options:

http://www.mousesavers.com/wdwticketprices.html#myw

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: