Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2005, 09:27 AM   #1
nee
Mouseketeer

parade music

I really miss the music from main st electrical parade at WDW and wondered if it is still at DLP as I have not been there for 5 yrs. Also is the midday parade the same as WDW, and are their any new attractions ?
nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 01:41 PM   #2
raptor1982
The year to live your dreams

OK, nee... Here you go!!

MSEP has been replaced by Tokyo's Fantillusion parade.
(Pictures: http://www.photosmagiques.com/parades/fantillusion.php)

The daytime parade in Paris is not the same as WDW, but the floats are here being used for quite some time!!
(Pictures: http://www.photosmagiques.com/parade...ess_parade.php)

A new themepark has been opened next to the Disneyland Park (in case you didn't know yet). It's called the Walt Disney Studios park.
(Pictures: http://www.photosmagiques.com/wds/)

Space Mountain got an overhaull this month: Space Mountain Mission 2. The track is the same, but it has now a faster launch and amazing special effects during the ride.

In 2006, Buzz Lightyears Space Adventures will open (the same ride as in Disneyland Anaheim).

In 2007 will the Toon Studios open with 2 attractions: a Finding Nemo ride and a Cars attraction, ofcourse in the Walt Disney Studios park.

In 2008 will Tower of Terror receive it's first guests in the same Studios park.

There you go, if you have more questions, just shoot!
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2005, 01:50 PM   #3
Bexx

Enjoys the UNIQUE Magic Kingdom
Crazed by the twiddly bits

The Main Street Electrical parade is no longer at DLP - it finished quite a few years ago now. BUT if you do go to DLP you can buy the souvenir DVD (I'll try and find a link to some info about it) and it has the whole MSE parade on there!!

As for new attractions, we now have a new park - the Studios. I can't tell you much about it, I've only managed to spend a couple of hours there so far. It's not a huge park, but it does have the car stunt show and Rock 'n RollerCoaster. I'm sure others can tell you more - and indeed, Raptor just has!!!

Here's the link to the DVD - I'm sure I read somewhere that they actually show most of the parade, but it still sounds great if you're a fan!
~ WDW MK Day Trip Jan 83 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Nov 92 ~*~ DLP Newport Bay Club Nov 93 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Dec 95 ~*~ WDW Offsite Dec 96 ~*~ WDW Dixie Landings Jan 99 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Dec 99 ~*~ DLP Hotel New York Dec 02 ~*~ WDW Old Key West Feb 05 ~*~ DLP Newport Bay Club Nov 05 ~*~ DLP Day Trip Jan 06 ~*~ DLP Hotel Cheyenne Dec 06 ~*~ DLP Hotel Santa Fe Nov 07 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Portofino Bay Feb 08 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Jan 09 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge March 09 ~*~ DLP Disneyland Hotel Feb 10 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Royal Pacific Resort Oct 10 ~*~ DLP Hotel New York Dec 12 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Royal Pacific Resort Aug 13 ~

Been there ... Done that ... Definitely going back!

Last edited by Bexx; 04-25-2005 at 01:57 PM.
Bexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 02:00 PM   #4
nee
Mouseketeer

Thanks for your replies, I will probably be taking my DD11 there in the summer holls
nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 02:03 PM   #5
Miffy2003
I've got Saratoga Springs - makes me smile every time I log on!
Yumtastic!!

I miss the MSEP too! I have the music though (which I think I bought at WDW)
Old 04-25-2005, 02:22 PM   #6
raptor1982
The year to live your dreams

Well there are 3 "movies" on this dvd.

One is a souvenire film about the resort, quite cheesy to be honest.

The second is a live recording of the Fantillusion parade.

And the third is a making of feature, called From one lightbulb to another. It shows 2 important things: the farewell of MSEP and the welcoming of Fantillusion.
There are a lot of interviews with Imagineers, someone from costuming, Kate Dublois from Entertainment, lots of DLRP fans and very enjoyable, the inventor of the famous Main Street Electrical Parade tune.
Old 04-25-2005, 04:26 PM   #7
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

I never seen MSEP, but do like the DVD that I picked up in the summer that shows this and Fantallusion

Reid

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board
20 nights Disney and Universal July 2015
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: