Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2005, 12:47 AM   #1
Mary Jo
Techarita
Loves the star on the mountain

DISboards Moderator

Disneyland Today 4-16-05 Pics included

I took my kids to the train station in Anaheim, so I stopped at Disneyland on the way home (btw, a car hit the train on the way to San Diego, and the kids were stuck on the train for a couple of extra hours. No one on the train was hurt, but don't know about the car driver )

I meandered around the park and snapped a few shots.

These are pics of the entrance where you first go in & they check your bags - I was already inside when I took the pic - coming from Downtown Disney. I took a pic towards California Adventure and towards Disneyland.

Typical Picture on Main Street - Town Square

But, Main Street is changing -- Lightpoles and gas lamps are turning gold, and gold 50 signs are turning up on some of the buildings, getting ready for the anniversary.

I passed Belle making a young guest smile

Enjoyed the musical talents of a percussion group playing on some trashcans... in the background mountain climbers were climbing the Matterhorn (I later saw a flag on top, so Mickey made it to the top once again. I noted that although Mickey's antics are quite loud from Main Street, you cannot even hear it when you are in Tomorrowland. Also noticed that they have the area under the Peoplemover/rocket rod track covered.

I also ran into Push the talking trashcan.... Push is relatively new. He wanders around Tomorrowland and talks to guests. These young boys were checking him out and kind of kicking him (where were their parents?), trying to see if someone was inside (no one was - Push is remote controlled)... It was sure funny, though, when Push started chasing them. I had to laugh at the look on their faces.

The Candy Store smelled soooo good, I had to go in. They were making fresh pecan rolls and English Toffee, so I took a pic.

And finally - a nice pic of the Matterhorn...

In addition to walking around Disneyland, I also did some shopping -- pins, a retro sweatshirt, some more pins, and a couple of golden Mickey ears. Here's a tip -- I bought these at the corner store on Main Street (I think it was Disneyland Showcase). You can get these embroidered at the Mad Hatter on Main Street (next to the Opera House) -- the line was so long that I took my hats to the hat store in Frontierland, where the wait was 5 minutes, and I got them embroidered -- saved time doing it that way.
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 01:24 AM   #2
missmulan
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing! I was at DTD yesterday and the weather was beautiful...like your pictures showed. I had several hours to kill while we went to see The Wiggles and for the first time we ventured inside the Grand Californian hotel. It was truly beautiful!
missmulan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2005, 06:03 AM   #3
TLinden16
Scotty and Ray at Jellyrolls RULE!!! *poke* *poke*
Operating under the influence of Colin Farrell's eyes

Thanks for all of the pictures you've been putting up, Mary Jo! These are great (as were the GC and DLH pics earlier this week). You're really getting me excited for my trip in October!

Karen

TLinden16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 09:18 AM   #4
TimNDansMom
Enjoys a leisurely lunch
WDW or (bus)t!
Was part of a "poop culture" phenomenon!

Thank you very much Mary Jo! I've never been to DL and your great pictures are getting me very excited about our trip this July!

Feb '86 Friend's House, Jan '87 Friend's House, July '00 Dixie Landings(now POR), Nov '00 Dixie Landings (no kids), Mar '01 HoJo MGE, July '01 CSR, ASMu, AKL, New Years '02 ASMu, March '02 ASMu, March '03 ASSp (no kids), Aug '03 CILBV (mini trip), Oct '03 ASSp (solo), March '04 Pop Century (no kids), July '04 POFQ, HRH, POP (2 moms & a teenager), Nov '04 Pop Century (2 moms), Feb '05 Pop Century (solo), May '05 Pop Century (w/Dan), July '05 HoJo DISNEYLAND, Nov '05 Pop Century, Jan '06 Pop Century, May '06 Pop Century (w/Dan), July '06 HoJo DISNEYLAND, Dec '06 Pop Century (MVMCP), Jan '07 HoJo DISNEYLAND, Oct '07 (MNSSHP) Pop Century, Nov '07 (2 moms MVMCP) Pop Century, Feb '08 HoJo DISNEYLAND (w/Tim & Dh), Oct '08 Pop Century, Jan '09 Pop Century, July '09 HoJo DISNEYLAND (w/Dan & Dh), Oct '09 Pop Century, Dec '10 (2 moms/Flickr photog group) Pop Century, May '11 Hawaii and HoJo DISNEYLAND, Oct '11 Pop Century , Jan '12 ASSp, Feb '12 HoJo DISNEYLAND, Dec '12 Pop Century, Jan '13 HoJo & Tinker Bell Half Marathon DISNEYLAND, Aug '13 Disneyland Hotel & Dumbo Double Dare Challenge, Planning~Nov '13 Pop Century & Wine & Dine Half Marathon

TimNDansMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 11:53 AM   #5
disneychrista
BL6 Red Team Captain
Disneyland is my Home
Birthdays are for kids of all ages
I have always been a big Kermit the Frog Fan

I would love to be able to "stop by" Disneyland, alas the 10 hour drive is a bit far.

Thanks Mary Jo for keeping us "sprinkled" with the Disney Magic.
disneychrista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 12:09 PM   #6
mowsluver
Earning My Ears

The Wiggles???

Are they there in person????

It is a running joke with my teen about the Wiggles! I would LOVE to see them! We are going this upcoming Tues/Weds.

How about the crowds...I have read in a fgew places that they are heavy....any truth to that?
mowsluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 12:28 PM   #7
Mom2Joce
It all started with a...

I don't know if they are there AT disneyland but I know they are on tour and in California right now as we have tickets for Tuesday night to see them here in Sacramento!
Mom2Joce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 12:33 PM   #8
MinnieM21
I've been to Disneyland a billion times but I don't even know what WDW looks like! (psst...there are tons of pictures of WDW on the Internet!)
Loves to ride Bud Light with her mom

Thank goodness your kids we're safe. Hopefully the driver in the car was ok.

Thank you SO much for sharing your pictures. I miss Disneyland so much! The candy that they're making in the candy shop looks so delicious.
MinnieM21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 12:53 PM   #9
zen1
Had a special encounter with Lilo & Stitch
I eat, sleep, talk and dream Disney all day long
Has hots for Uncle Kyle (you're not faster than a TF!)

Mary Jo, thank you for sharing your pictures with us! Did you see any new 50th pins out yet( I am hoping they have some Lilo & Stitch ones, when my parents are down there in June)?

2006- My mom and I are going to WDW~ Dec.5-12
2005- Beach Club~(DVC)~September 8-12
2004- Port Orleans French Quarter ~October
2003- All Star Music Resort~April
2000- Caribbean Beach Resort~September
zen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 04:10 PM   #10
CamColt
Only thinks she’s not losing it
Mom gone wild!
I really feel like I have a good grip on things now
B1 BINGO!

I have chills just looking at those pictures! Thanks for making it all seem real, Mary Jo! And thanks for the resort pictures too. They are all great!!!

Glad the kids were all right too.

CamColt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 05:03 PM   #11
Gpaul
Earning My Ears

Gracias! And glad to hear the kids are safe. I was doing our 12/27-30 trip for our 6 yo boy, but I got more excited after the pics! All the best!
Gpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 05:26 PM   #12
missmulan
DIS Veteran

The Wiggles were at the Anaheim Convention Center but they're gone now....we had several hours to kill so we walked around DTD....which is close by.
missmulan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 05:29 PM   #13
All Aboard
Por favor mantengan se alejado de las puertas

~deleted post~
All Aboard is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: