Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2005, 09:54 PM   #1
laurfisher
Earning My Ears

Can a WDW Resort guest swim at another?

Does anyone happen to know, if you are staying at one Disney resort can you swim or use the beach at another Disney resort?

Thanks for your help
laurfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 10:00 PM   #2
Aimeedyan
Why get all excited about something as silly as a fake celebrity? Or getting a tag?
Jello is not meant to be chunky

Unless you are a DVC member (even those have restrictions) you are only allowed to swim at the resort you are paying to stay at.

But you are more than welcome to visit the other resorts, dine at their restaurants, tour the pool area at most, etc.
1982 & 1990 ~ trips as a child ~1997 ~ Caribbean Beach ~ 2002 ~ Vacation Home ~ 2003 ~ Stayed with Family ~ 2004 ~ Port Orleans Riverside ~2006 ~ Pop Century & Disney's Vero Beach ~ 2007 ~ Wilderness Lodge & Yacht Club ~ 2008 ~ Carnival Cruise & All Star Music ~ 2009 ~ All Star Sports & Downtown Hotel ~ 2009 ~ All Star Music, Comfort Inn & Boardwalk Villas
Aimeedyan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2005, 10:14 PM   #3
Nolcrest
DIS Veteran

The guests at PO can use either the POFQ pool or the POR pool. Otherwise, as stated previously - no.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:14 PM   #4
laurfisher
Earning My Ears

do they check your ID at the pool area? to see if you are a guest?
laurfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 10:17 PM   #5
turnlisa
DIS Veteran

The rule is that they are supposed to check ids. Especially at deluxe hotels or those with better pools. Be warned that this is a hot topic on these boards. Those people who pay for the hotel for the pool are not pleased when other guests come to visit. I have seen families tossed out of pools by CMs due to not being guests at that resort.

turnlisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 10:25 PM   #6
minmate
I can show you the world... Don't you dare close your eyes!
I mostly just like the pretty colors

I believe you can use the beach but you aren't supposed to swim at any of them, so it would be just for lounging.

April 2005 WDW Trip Report: WDW w/4 Kids: 4/5/05-4/12/05 http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=794269

March 2007 Trip Report to DL: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....275&highlight=
minmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 04:48 AM   #7
TLinden16
Scotty and Ray at Jellyrolls RULE!!! *poke* *poke*
Operating under the influence of Colin Farrell's eyes

Swimming is not allowed at any of the beaches.

The All Star resorts also share pools. So if you are staying at the All Star Movies, you can also use the All Star Sports and All Star Music pools.

They always check resort IDs at Stormalong Bay at the Yacht & Beach Club. Others have reported that they have had their IDs checked at other resorts as well. So, the official answer is that pool hopping is not allowed, and if you do sneak into another resorts pool, you may be asked to leave.

Karen

TLinden16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 09:19 AM   #8
mookie
Wow, am I in a wierd mood tonight
My dogs love "rearranging them"
I wanted to auction my kids off to the highest bidder

For DVC members, is it only DVC pools that you can "hop" to, or is it any WDW pool? We are renting points from a DVC member to stay at BWV, I'm wondering if we will be able to "hop" if we are renting points...
mookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 09:29 AM   #9
cjsmith
We can head over there together after the DIS meet!
Loved Stingray City!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLinden16
Swimming is not allowed at any of the beaches.

The All Star resorts also share pools. So if you are staying at the All Star Movies, you can also use the All Star Sports and All Star Music pools.

They always check resort IDs at Stormalong Bay at the Yacht & Beach Club. Others have reported that they have had their IDs checked at other resorts as well. So, the official answer is that pool hopping is not allowed, and if you do sneak into another resorts pool, you may be asked to leave.

Karen
You're absolutely right, thay have always checked our ID's at SAB over at the Y&B Clubs. When we were there January 2, they even made us show ID when we were just walking through the pool area to show our friends who were staying with us for the first time at the Yacht Club!

Carolyn

Way too many trips to Disney to count them!
July 19, 2002 Wonder
January 5, 2003 Wonder
June 7, 2003 Magic
January 3, 2004 Magic
July 23, 2006 Wonder
cjsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 09:53 AM   #10
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

mookie - if you resort ID (room key) says DVC member - then you probably can.

you can't hop to the BC/Yc or AKL pool - but everything else is fine.

unless you are going doing one of their no hopping times- these are around the holiday, Memorail day, July 4, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, etc

all the sister resorts allow pool sharing - PO, All stars, bc/yc.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 10:13 AM   #11
estnh
DIS Veteran

It really is a hot topic, because the good pools are crowded, and it's sometimes difficult to find space even for resort guests. From what I've seen the policy is enforced VERY strictly at deluxe resorts, but less so at moderates.

Really, aside from that, if someone is paying five hundred bucks a day at the YC, it's not really fair for non resort guests to get the same benefits.
estnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 10:40 PM   #12
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

There are even signs at the Polynesian beach that it is for the exclusive use of the Polynesian guests. Lots of people want to watch fireworks, water parade, etc from the Polynesian beach.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 07:33 AM   #13
SnowWitch
DIS Veteran

DVC is allowed access to any pool except AKL and YC/BC. Even then you have blackout dates around peak times. I always ask to speak to whoever is in charge at the pool when arriving because I have found calling the resort aggravating, most have no clue what you are talking about.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:55 AM   #14
taximomfor4
Needs a few Ricola drops
I get first dibs on the jasmine scented one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill
There are even signs at the Polynesian beach that it is for the exclusive use of the Polynesian guests. Lots of people want to watch fireworks, water parade, etc from the Polynesian beach.

We had dinner at Ohana's last weekend, and were asked by the waitress if we were staying to watch the fireworks from the beach. We did sit on the beach for a little while on a swing, and didn't notice any signs saying we should not be there, but we were heading back to our own resort soon...just took pix and relaxed for 10 minutes.

Beth
Old 04-16-2005, 01:25 AM   #15
minmate
I can show you the world... Don't you dare close your eyes!
I mostly just like the pretty colors

Quote:
Originally Posted by taximomfor4
We had dinner at Ohana's last weekend, and were asked by the waitress if we were staying to watch the fireworks from the beach. We did sit on the beach for a little while on a swing, and didn't notice any signs saying we should not be there, but we were heading back to our own resort soon...just took pix and relaxed for 10 minutes.

Beth
We too watched the fireworks from the Poly beach. Our server at Kona's new we intended to do so too and didn't say anything. She knew we were staying at Pop because we were carrying around our Pop mugs. I didn't see any signs and nobody said anything to us. I wish they had, then we'd have hopped over to GF where I have now come to believe is the better off-site resort to watch the FW from.

April 2005 WDW Trip Report: WDW w/4 Kids: 4/5/05-4/12/05 http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=794269

March 2007 Trip Report to DL: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....275&highlight=
minmate is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: