Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2014, 01:55 PM   #1
andeesings
Mouseketeer

UK Upper for dessert party?

My surprise dessert party for my parents 40th wedding anniversary is coming along, but has grown to 21 people! So we can use some larger locations. Unfortunately, someone has already booked UK Lochside. And Disney has said they won't be able to set up our dessert party at Isola West until 8.45. So my choices at this point appear to be to stick it out at Vikings Landing or move to UK Upper.

I'm not particularly thrilled with UK Upper, I kind of had my heart set on Isola West. She said I could have the French island arm but that the view from there is terrible.

What do you guys think of the views from UK Upper? I'm unhappy with the umbrellas, they block the view, and I kind of wanted my guests to have the option to sit and watch the fireworks.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:17 PM   #2
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

I tend to agree with you about the view at UK Upper, but I haven't actually seen IllumiNations from there, and many of the people who have had parties there said the umbrellas weren't an issue. I think it's still a better location than Vikings Landing, and people will probably instinctively walk over to the wall to watch the show when it starts rather than stay in their (umbrella-covered) seats. Also, I'd keep checking in about UK Lochside as you get closer to your event, because that other group may yet cancel.
lurkyloo is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2014, 04:32 PM   #3
andeesings
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
I tend to agree with you about the view at UK Upper, but I haven't actually seen IllumiNations from there, and many of the people who have had parties there said the umbrellas weren't an issue. I think it's still a better location than Vikings Landing, and people will probably instinctively walk over to the wall to watch the show when it starts rather than stay in their (umbrella-covered) seats. Also, I'd keep checking in about UK Lochside as you get closer to your event, because that other group may yet cancel.
Thanks, Carrie, I went ahead and booked it. If they won't give me Italy Isola it is still better than Viking's if only because it's a bit roomier for 20- and I didn't know I could keep checking in about UK Lochside-- thanks for that tip! If only I could decide on food...
Old 03-31-2014, 02:54 PM   #4
DisMie
Earning My Ears

We used UK Upper for our dessert party! I wanted to switch to Lochside, but there was a corporate party booked. Honestly, it was absolutely perfect. The views were incredible and we didn't have any issues with smoke. The umbrellas were not in the way at all! I know some don't like the fact that UK Lochside is below, but it didn't bother me at all, it felt very seclude and private. Let me know if you have any other questions
DisMie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:04 PM   #5
andeesings
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMie View Post
We used UK Upper for our dessert party! I wanted to switch to Lochside, but there was a corporate party booked. Honestly, it was absolutely perfect. The views were incredible and we didn't have any issues with smoke. The umbrellas were not in the way at all! I know some don't like the fact that UK Lochside is below, but it didn't bother me at all, it felt very seclude and private. Let me know if you have any other questions
Oh I'm so glad you liked it!!! What desserts did you have??

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: