Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2005, 11:00 AM   #16
richard3330
Cirque Fan

Becky, I contacted Disney and you are indeed correct. I had read on a website about this (and heard from a neighbour!) and it is not correct anymore

This is what I was told -

"The hotel fastpasses were intially available to all guests - regardless of their chosen Disneyland Resort Paris hotel. This proved problematic, as too many people were using the fastpass line - so it has now been restricted to Hotel New York, The Disneyland Hotel & Newport Bay Club (Admiral's Floor).

Apparently it is also mentioned on "page 23 of the Spring/Summer 2005" brochure (I don't have it so cannot check).

Sorry for the confusion

Richard.
DLCalifornia - Grand Californian - 2001
USF/WDW - Portofino Bay, AK Lodge, Virgin Holiday Villa in Newport Richey - 2001
USF/WDW - Wilderness Lodge, Polynesian and Portofino Bay - Xmas/New Year 2002/2003
Grand Floridian/Beach Club/ Portofino Bay & 3 night Disney Cruise - April 2004

Disneyland Paris -
Hotel New York (92) Sequioa Lodge (93) Newport Bay Club (Admirals Floor) (96) Newport Bay Club (Admirals Floor) (97)
Disneyland Hotel (2000) (March 2002) (Walt's Apartment, Disney Studios Grand Opening!) (July 2002) (2003)
richard3330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 12:01 PM   #17
Bexx

Enjoys the UNIQUE Magic Kingdom
Crazed by the twiddly bits

That's a shame. Would have been nice, but I can see how it might overwhelmed the fastpass lines. Still, it's another plus for my beloved Hotel New York!!
~ WDW MK Day Trip Jan 83 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Nov 92 ~*~ DLP Newport Bay Club Nov 93 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Dec 95 ~*~ WDW Offsite Dec 96 ~*~ WDW Dixie Landings Jan 99 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Dec 99 ~*~ DLP Hotel New York Dec 02 ~*~ WDW Old Key West Feb 05 ~*~ DLP Newport Bay Club Nov 05 ~*~ DLP Day Trip Jan 06 ~*~ DLP Hotel Cheyenne Dec 06 ~*~ DLP Hotel Santa Fe Nov 07 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Portofino Bay Feb 08 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Jan 09 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge March 09 ~*~ DLP Disneyland Hotel Feb 10 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Royal Pacific Resort Oct 10 ~*~ DLP Hotel New York Dec 12 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Royal Pacific Resort Aug 13 ~

Been there ... Done that ... Definitely going back!

Bexx is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2005, 12:03 PM   #18
richard3330
Cirque Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexx
That's a shame. Would have been nice, but I can see how it might overwhelmed the fastpass lines. Still, it's another plus for my beloved Hotel New York!!
It certainly is, Becky Come to think of it, how would you like to do a Hotel New York FAQ ??

Richard
DLCalifornia - Grand Californian - 2001
USF/WDW - Portofino Bay, AK Lodge, Virgin Holiday Villa in Newport Richey - 2001
USF/WDW - Wilderness Lodge, Polynesian and Portofino Bay - Xmas/New Year 2002/2003
Grand Floridian/Beach Club/ Portofino Bay & 3 night Disney Cruise - April 2004

Disneyland Paris -
Hotel New York (92) Sequioa Lodge (93) Newport Bay Club (Admirals Floor) (96) Newport Bay Club (Admirals Floor) (97)
Disneyland Hotel (2000) (March 2002) (Walt's Apartment, Disney Studios Grand Opening!) (July 2002) (2003)
richard3330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 12:09 PM   #19
Bexx

It's funny you should mention that..............!!
~ WDW MK Day Trip Jan 83 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Nov 92 ~*~ DLP Newport Bay Club Nov 93 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Dec 95 ~*~ WDW Offsite Dec 96 ~*~ WDW Dixie Landings Jan 99 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Dec 99 ~*~ DLP Hotel New York Dec 02 ~*~ WDW Old Key West Feb 05 ~*~ DLP Newport Bay Club Nov 05 ~*~ DLP Day Trip Jan 06 ~*~ DLP Hotel Cheyenne Dec 06 ~*~ DLP Hotel Santa Fe Nov 07 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Portofino Bay Feb 08 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Jan 09 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge March 09 ~*~ DLP Disneyland Hotel Feb 10 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Royal Pacific Resort Oct 10 ~*~ DLP Hotel New York Dec 12 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Royal Pacific Resort Aug 13 ~

Old 04-20-2005, 10:15 AM   #20
Bonnie
I *really* want to go in the winter!
I think this calls for a bouncing Maleficent

I wanted to ask: what is the main benefit of staying in montana room? People have said that it's in the main building as opposed to in an outdoor lodge, but I can't see why that would make it worth charging more for. (I know you can get free upgrades if there is space but travel agents charge more for the montana rooms than standard rooms.) I guess I just don't see why being in an outdoor lodge is any worse than being the in the main building!

Any other benefits to a montana room?

DLRP Trips: January 1998 (Santa Fe) . May 1998 (Santa Fe) . May 2005 (Sequoia Lodge) . May/June 2007 (Cheyenne) . August 2008 (Cheyenne)
Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 12:26 PM   #21
Miffy2003
I've got Saratoga Springs - makes me smile every time I log on!
Yumtastic!!

Hi Bonnie,

I think it depends on what you want from your trip and who you are travelling with. When I went last Feb it was very cold and it was bliss not having to wrap up to go to breakfast / the shop / the bar, or even better not having to wrap up to return from the bar Also great not to have to wrap up my 2 DDs in all their coats, hats, scarves, gloves etc.

It only cost us something minimal like £5 per night so it was definitely worth doing. Not sure I'd be so worried in more temperate weather though

I guess it's down to that old adage: location, location, location

HTH

Karen
Old 04-20-2005, 01:34 PM   #22
Bexx

Also the Montana rooms have a mini-bar and the standard ones don't. I agree with Karen that it's definitely worth the extra in the winter. But in the summer it's probably very pleasant walking through the grounds to your room.

Old 04-20-2005, 02:51 PM   #23
Bonnie
I *really* want to go in the winter!
I think this calls for a bouncing Maleficent

Ahh okay. Well it'll just be me and my girlfriend, and we'll be going in summer, so I don't think it'll be a problem after all. I can't see us using a minibar either so I'm sure the outdoor lodges will be fine!

Thanks!

DLRP Trips: January 1998 (Santa Fe) . May 1998 (Santa Fe) . May 2005 (Sequoia Lodge) . May/June 2007 (Cheyenne) . August 2008 (Cheyenne)
Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 04:19 AM   #24
NIK
Compulsive plannerin two minds Monstro or Blue Fairy?

Unhappy

A great posting. I stayed at the Sequoia last time I went and really liked the theming of this hotel. It was just near enough to the parks for a pleasant 'warm up' walk first thing in the morning and not too far for the end of day stagger back

Trouble is, it makes me sad!

I'm saving furiously for a new computer at the moment and until I've sorted that out I can't afford to go back to DLP.

Its taking soooooo long

Perhaps I could try.... ? What do you think?
NIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 06:53 AM   #25
Miffy2003
Yumtastic!!

Quote:
NIK
Perhaps I could try.... ? What do you think?

If you work out how to do this Nik, please share the secret!! It would make trips even more affordable
Old 04-23-2005, 10:30 AM   #26
Renate_do
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard3330
Becky, I contacted Disney and you are indeed correct. I had read on a website about this (and heard from a neighbour!) and it is not correct anymore

"The hotel fastpasses were intially available to all guests - regardless of their chosen Disneyland Resort Paris hotel. This proved problematic, as too many people were using the fastpass line - so it has now been restricted to Hotel New York, The Disneyland Hotel & Newport Bay Club (Admiral's Floor).
what do you mean by that? the VIP Fastpasses you get when staying at a suite?.

You still can get fastpasses at the atractions itself.

Greets Renate

going next 07/08 - 07/10 staying at the HNY

Renate_do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 06:41 AM   #27
NIK

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard3330

Apparently it is also mentioned on "page 23 of the Spring/Summer 2005" brochure (I don't have it so cannot check).

Sorry for the confusion

Richard.
I've just gone back and re read this posting. That's not very good is it, considering how much they charge to stay in Disney hotels. I'd have thought that fastpasses should be available to all who stay 'on site' Not too happy about that. With me having a disability queuing is a real nightmare - I shall not be going back to the Stunt Show in the Studios park for just that reason. Queing was an utter nightmare - I think I spent longer in the queue than watching the show!
Old 04-26-2005, 12:58 PM   #28
Miffy2003
Yumtastic!!

I guess the problem might have been Nik, that it resulted in very little FPs being left for offsite visitors at all?

I'm only guessing. It would be a wonderful perk to have though
Old 04-27-2005, 02:03 AM   #29
NIK

I thought the fastpasses were only for those who stayed on site anyway?
Old 04-27-2005, 12:17 PM   #30
Miffy2003
Yumtastic!!

Anyone can use Fastpass as far as I know Nik?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: