Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2012, 09:12 AM   #1411
ConnieB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana2Callie View Post
So the snack vendors take these as well?
Only the ones that have the machines for credit cards can handle the gift cards. If they don't have the machine they are strictly cash.
ConnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:13 AM   #1412
Nana2Callie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbarone54 View Post
Just had this done with my DD7 at MK on Tuesday. There is one located in that little "alley" off of main street about half way down on the right (if you are facing the castle). There is also a booth set up in Liberty Square as well as on in France in EPCOT. It costs $8.00, you can NOT charge it on your KTTW card - they operate separately from the rest of Disney. You get 2 cut-outs and can always refuse if you are not happy with it. I had this done when I was at Disney at her age (many moons ago!) and wanted to keep up the "tradition". I takes about 5 minutes - it is amazing to watch!
Are there frames available for these?
Nana2Callie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-18-2012, 09:20 AM   #1413
ConnieB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnnPan View Post
Funny thing reading the responses to this - I have always applied the sticky side to my skin/hot spots on the balls of my feet, etc - have I been doing it wrong?

After doing some internet research seems you can use it either way - I prefer putting the sticky side on my skin but may try the "stick to the shoe method" just to test it out I am hoping it does not leave a sticky residue on my shoes. I would think your skin would still rub if you stick it to your shoe - with the sticky side on my skin there is no way for my foot to sweat in that protected area or rub on anything.
Use scissors to cut the moleskin to a shape slightly larger than the affected or prone to blister area. Peel off the paper side and press it on good - the adhesive is pretty strong.
If I am going to a park all day I bring some extra in my bag and change them if i need to.
I've always thought it was personal choice too. I prefer it on my skin....that way no matter how the shoe shifts the blister area is protected. Plus the one time that I put it on the shoe getting it all off with sticky mess left on the shoe was time consuming. It comes off my skin easily and on the occasion that some of the stick remains it's easy to remove in the shower.

For those that don't want to carry scissors, a small nail clipper works too, though a little slower to cut the shape you need, but easier and safer to carry in a pocket.

If a blister has already formed...be sure the moleskin is larger than the blister because the sticky stuff is strong enough that removing it from damaged skin can cause a little more damage, like pulling off a scab.

I wear thicker socks, wool, when I know I'm going to be walking a lot. They don't come in all the pretty colors, but I wear long pants so black is fine, lol.....and that padding really helps prevent sore spots. My daughter who must be color coordinated at all times, simply wears a second pair of socks under her stylish ones. This drives me nuts as the inside pair slips down for me...she doesn't have that problem Try out whatever you plan to use for a day or two around home so that any problems can be resolved before you arrive.

In the summer I use foot powder....dump some on my foot and into the socks before I put them on.....doesn't work for all day sweating, but keeps them nice for several hours!
ConnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:25 PM   #1414
photojunkie
Earning My Ears

That is funny, goes to show there are more than 1 way to take use it .

I might give the other way a try sometime

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnnPan View Post
Funny thing reading the responses to this - I have always applied the sticky side to my skin/hot spots on the balls of my feet, etc - have I been doing it wrong?

After doing some internet research seems you can use it either way - I prefer putting the sticky side on my skin but may try the "stick to the shoe method" just to test it out I am hoping it does not leave a sticky residue on my shoes. I would think your skin would still rub if you stick it to your shoe - with the sticky side on my skin there is no way for my foot to sweat in that protected area or rub on anything.
Use scissors to cut the moleskin to a shape slightly larger than the affected or prone to blister area. Peel off the paper side and press it on good - the adhesive is pretty strong.
If I am going to a park all day I bring some extra in my bag and change them if i need to.
photojunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:59 AM   #1415
RachVH
Mouseketeer

This thread is amazing! My DH and I are going on our honeymoon in October, and I have already started a "disney box" for stuff from this thread (moleskin, disney bandaids, etc.) I am also planning on bringing an inflatable foot soak tub, as I always have problems with my feet.

My biggest tips to Disney newbies is to have a plan (duh), but also not to underestimate the Florida sun and heat! I am constantly amazed at people who think that just because it isn't the middle of the summer they don't have to wear sunscreen. And water. Lots and lots of water. (Which is why the disney box will eventually include filtered water bottles!)
RachVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:16 PM   #1416
jennykay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachVH View Post
My biggest tips to Disney newbies is to have a plan (duh), but also not to underestimate the Florida sun and heat! I am constantly amazed at people who think that just because it isn't the middle of the summer they don't have to wear sunscreen. And water. Lots and lots of water. (Which is why the disney box will eventually include filtered water bottles!)
So true. The time we went in October, my friend texted me that it was mid 50's here in TN and it was mid 80's in FL. HOT and HUMID!

1989-offsite
1992-one day in MK-offsite
9/2007-Pop Century - MNSSHP
9/2008-ASMovies
10/2012-Pop Century
jennykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:17 AM   #1417
craftymama71
Mouseketeer

Leave DH in your resort room while you shop

We went last September the best tip I got from a friend that lives in Florida and is has been visiting WDW for many years was to always pack blister packs and wear two pairs of socks. I never would have thought to do that but it was a life saver, especially for my DD. She also recommended the ponchos...

My own tip is to just enjoy it. I'm not a planner. I like to just go with the flow. It works for us.

Disneyland - October 2008

Disney Sea Tokyo - August 2010

DisneyWorld POFQ - September 2011

Me DH DD 14 Jasper the crazy puppy
craftymama71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:47 AM   #1418
deansreef
Dean

Heat

We are headed to diney the week of June 16th...its going to be HOT.. I will use the great advice to make the best of it.

Dean
deansreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:52 AM   #1419
gillenkl
DIS Veteran

The best advice I ever got was join TourGuideMike! Love it and wouldn't go without it.

Oct 2013 The Fort***Aug 2013 POP/POR***Dec 2012 ASMo ***Aug 2012 ASMo/POR *** 2011 The Fort ***2010 Wilderness Lodge***2009 & 2007 The Fort ***2006- POFQ***1993- Poly Honeymoon
DH/myself the twins: DS14DD14
gillenkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:19 PM   #1420
bj21
Earning My Ears

Thank you for this thread! I read all 95 pages. My favorite tip was about getting a picture mat for autographs. I love having something to autograph that can be displayed instead of collecting dust!
bj21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:57 PM   #1421
txnana
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Disney fan View Post
I got rid of my Baggallini sling bag after a trip to Disney because the buckle kept sliding down and I couldn't keep it tight to my body. But the bag itself was great for storing everything without being bulky. I loved the way it just slid to the front if you needed something. Well, after searching for the perfect bag for my upcoming trip to Universal I ended up buying....guess what? Another Bagallini sling. I'm giving it another chance because it just works so darn well.
I had the same problem so I bought some cute diaper pins and "locked" the buckle in place to keep it from sliding any further. Worked like a charm.

All Star Movies for a Grand Gathering, August 6-12, 2008

Art of Animation Little Mermaid Room, 14 days of Food and Wine Festival Fun with free dining, Sept 25-October 9, 2012

Up next, Big Family Christmas Celebration, Dec, 2014
txnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:16 AM   #1422
MagicDan
Welcome to Walt Disney World, where dreams come true!

Best tip I had wasn't for Disney, it was for Islands of Adventure. hold off on WWOHP until 6pm. We didn't have to wait in any lines to go into the section of the park, and it freed up our whole morning to get on Spiderman, Hulk, Dudley-Do-Right, and Popeye with minimal waits.

Last edited by MagicDan; 01-29-2013 at 03:55 PM.
MagicDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:15 PM   #1423
Leslieloody
Mouseketeer

Please remember me...

[QUOTE=thomasstuart;34348963]Hi,
"... it is easy to get confused about which area the car is parked. We discovered that almost all cell phones have some sort of voice or memo recorder built in. We simply turn the recorder on and say the name and row number we parked in. As we leave, we erase the memo.

We have also texted another person in our party the location of parking spots, meeting spots, and "if we get lost spots".
Leslieloody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:21 PM   #1424
Leslieloody
Mouseketeer

Each day that we know there will be a need for a cardboard tube, those being drawing at HS or silhouettes, Ii have one cut to size and pack it with me. Once I ended up buying a poster JUST for the tube. If you end up buying a poster, the CM will let you roll up your own art and place inside. Then, since you purchased something, you can have your purchase and your own art delivered to your resort. No worries! 110 days till AoA!!!
Leslieloody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:55 PM   #1425
Nana2Callie
DIS Veteran

Learned so many things from this board and just wanted to contribute something since we just returned - 2 adults and 1 child.

Pack everything on your list - but divide it into two suit cases so you can manage the bulk much easier - then most import - LEAVE one suitcase at home.

I was shocked at the mount of stuff we carried with us and carried home - untouched! And I even tried to pack with the idea of not taking the kitchen sink.

So, as we begin our 2013 planning - I'm making a list of all those things NOT to take!
Nana2Callie is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: