Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2012, 04:08 PM   #1396
Pmctn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbarone54 View Post
Just had this done with my DD7 at MK on Tuesday. There is one located in that little "alley" off of main street about half way down on the right (if you are facing the castle). There is also a booth set up in Liberty Square as well as on in France in EPCOT. It costs $8.00, you can NOT charge it on your KTTW card - they operate separately from the rest of Disney. You get 2 cut-outs and can always refuse if you are not happy with it. I had this done when I was at Disney at her age (many moons ago!) and wanted to keep up the "tradition". I takes about 5 minutes - it is amazing to watch!
These were on my list. But when we walked by the one in Liberty Sq no one was there and we forgot later. Really wished I had done this.
Pmctn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:32 PM   #1397
DaisyD3
Earning My Ears

Having a general idea of the layout of each park and which rides should be ridden when.
DaisyD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-14-2012, 11:02 PM   #1398
8lovesmickey
I'm movin' on, say goodbye to me...down at the Laughin' Place is where I'll be!!!

Fun thread! The things that helped me the most on my first trip were:

-don't wear new shoes
-change shoes whenever you can (it moves the sore spots around)
-get up early - you will often get more done in the first two hours than the rest of the day!
-buy several $1.00 ponchos at Walmart, then you don't feel bad throwing them away when they get that musty smell!
-if you're not in a big rush, use Disney transportation, especially on your first trip. As DL veterans, we thought we were prepared for the scope of WDW, but it was still a little intimidating and I'm glad we didn't have to navigate driving, parking, etc. in addition to everything else
-take advantage of the package delivery service if you're staying on site. Yes it probably caused me to spend more, but it was so much easier than hauling stuff around!
-talk to the cast members and take pictures with them - they appreciate a friendly guest as much as you appreciate a friendly cast member!

Disneyland Hotel Disney's Grand Californian Paradise Pier Hotel All Star Sports
Port Orleans French Quarter Pop Century Beach Club
8lovesmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:29 AM   #1399
earthfaries
DIS Veteran

Never leave your hotel room without a bunch of Disney Pins, don't forget to put on your sunblock, go to the back of the parks first and shop after the parks are closed, and view the 2nd parade .

Living Our Dream

Disney World is our Backyard !!!
earthfaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:57 PM   #1400
OH2FL
In Sarasota Only 2 Hours From Disney!

Purchase gift cards instead of messing around with cash. We've not found anywhere on the property that they can't be used.
OH2FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:56 AM   #1401
JoAnnPan
DIS Veteran

The past couple of trips I have brought an inflatable foot tub - it takes up hardly any room in luggage. I soak my feet every night after a full park day - I also put water in it before I go to bed - the next morning from the AC in the room it is very cold and soothes swollen/tired feet

My top 5 tips i have learned over the years:

- Watch your time - my sister and I got stuck in the back of the castle for MVMCP fireworks because we were in Mickey's Philarmagic - our biggest mistake to date!
- ADR's
- Moleskin - a feet saver for me
- Have a park plan -even if it is a loose one
- Fastpass
Old 05-16-2012, 12:02 PM   #1402
JoAnnPan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH2FL View Post
Purchase gift cards instead of messing around with cash. We've not found anywhere on the property that they can't be used.
Love this one!
Old 05-16-2012, 02:19 PM   #1403
msdroz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnnPan View Post
The past couple of trips I have brought an inflatable foot tub - it takes up hardly any room in luggage. I soak my feet every night after a full park day - I also put water in it before I go to bed - the next morning from the AC in the room it is very cold and soothes swollen/tired feet

My top 5 tips i have learned over the years:

- Watch your time - my sister and I got stuck in the back of the castle for MVMCP fireworks because we were in Mickey's Philarmagic - our biggest mistake to date!
- ADR's
- Moleskin - a feet saver for me
- Have a park plan -even if it is a loose one
- Fastpass
Great tips, thanks! Can you tell me where one can purchase moleskin? Thanks again
msdroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:27 PM   #1404
JoAnnPan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdroz View Post
Great tips, thanks! Can you tell me where one can purchase moleskin? Thanks again
You can get it in most drug stores - CVS - Target - local supermarkets. I believe Dr. Scholl's is the original - there are many generic equivalents.
I put them on my hot spots and have never had a blister problem - well i did have a blister problem that put a damper on one Disney vacation - never again thanks to this stuff.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:38 PM   #1405
fadingjamie
Up next... Mother/Daughter Trip!

Quote:
You can get it in most drug stores - CVS - Target - local supermarkets. I believe Dr. Scholl's is the original - there are many generic equivalents.
I put them on my hot spots and have never had a blister problem - well i did have a blister problem that put a damper on one Disney vacation - never again thanks to this stuff.
Joann, how do you apply it? Sticky side on the skin or on the shoe where your foot rubs? I keep hearing about moleskin and even picked up a package but I have no idea how to use it!

June 2001 Off Site (Grad Night), March 2009 POP, June 2010 Give a Day, Get a Day program (NCL cruise day trip), May 2011 POFQ (we got engaged!), July 2013 Poly/POR (our honeymoon!), Upcoming: August 2014 POFQ (mother/daughter trip)

fadingjamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 02:26 PM   #1406
photojunkie
Earning My Ears

Hello,
Sticky side to the shoe and sticky side to your skin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadingjamie View Post
Joann, how do you apply it? Sticky side on the skin or on the shoe where your foot rubs? I keep hearing about moleskin and even picked up a package but I have no idea how to use it!
photojunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 02:29 PM   #1407
photojunkie
Earning My Ears

Typo- sticky side to shoe and FUZZY soft side to your skin

Quote:
Originally Posted by photojunkie View Post
Hello,
Sticky side to the shoe and sticky side to your skin.
photojunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:16 AM   #1408
JoAnnPan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadingjamie View Post
Funny thing reading the responses to this - I have always applied the sticky side to my skin/hot spots on the balls of my feet, etc - have I been doing it wrong?

After doing some internet research seems you can use it either way - I prefer putting the sticky side on my skin but may try the "stick to the shoe method" just to test it out I am hoping it does not leave a sticky residue on my shoes. I would think your skin would still rub if you stick it to your shoe - with the sticky side on my skin there is no way for my foot to sweat in that protected area or rub on anything.
Use scissors to cut the moleskin to a shape slightly larger than the affected or prone to blister area. Peel off the paper side and press it on good - the adhesive is pretty strong.
If I am going to a park all day I bring some extra in my bag and change them if i need to.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:32 AM   #1409
CarolineB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Funny thing reading the responses to this - I have always applied the sticky side to my skin/hot spots on the balls of my feet, etc - have I been doing it wrong?

After doing some internet research seems you can use it either way - I prefer putting the sticky side on my skin but may try the "stick to the shoe method" just to test it out I am hoping it does not leave a sticky residue on my shoes. I would think your skin would still rub if you stick it to your shoe - with the sticky side on my skin there is no way for my foot to sweat in that protected area or rub on anything.
Use scissors to cut the moleskin to a shape slightly larger than the affected or prone to blister area. Peel off the paper side and press it on good - the adhesive is pretty strong.
If I am going to a park all day I bring some extra in my bag and change them if i need to.
moleskin

I wrapped my "problem" toes in moleskin to prevent blisters. Just be sure to try this out before your Disney trip to make sure it's comfortable for you to walk in. The thinner moleskin works better for this than the thick moleskin. Also first aid tape is helpful to keep the moleskin from falling off.

My other tip is to buy high quality thick, padded socks (they're expensive but so much more comfortable than cheap socks.) Coolmax and Smartwool are some choices that provide wicking. Don't use cotton socks and make sure your socks fit correctly (not too big.) I like Thorlos socks too.

Last edited by CarolineB; 05-18-2012 at 10:15 AM.
CarolineB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:09 AM   #1410
Nana2Callie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH2FL View Post
So the snack vendors take these as well?
Nana2Callie is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: