Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2012, 08:47 PM   #1381
msdroz
Mouseketeer

hmmm I'm also curious about the drink around the world passport.... any updates on this?
msdroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:31 PM   #1382
MOUSEANDALL
Mouseketeer

I don't know if that was mentioned but...

For those who like to journal what they have eaten/purchased and keep receipts. Bring long letter envelopes with you. Use one for each day. You can keep the receipts inside the envelopes. And, write your memories on the outside of the envelope. Thought might be a little cheaper than buying a journal and you will have somewhere to put your receipts (instead of your wallet or bag pocket). And, you will already be organized! So, when you get home, you can read what you have done/ate that particular day and have the receipts/stubs as mementos.

Maria
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2012, 10:46 AM   #1383
SapphireMarie
Mouseketeer

WOW! Great thread, thank u!

Question: I saw silhouettes mentioned - where are these done/purchased? Love that idea!!
Old 05-07-2012, 11:25 AM   #1384
lnh'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOUSEANDALL View Post

For those who like to journal what they have eaten/purchased and keep receipts. Bring long letter envelopes with you. Use one for each day. You can keep the receipts inside the envelopes. And, write your memories on the outside of the envelope. Thought might be a little cheaper than buying a journal and you will have somewhere to put your receipts (instead of your wallet or bag pocket). And, you will already be organized! So, when you get home, you can read what you have done/ate that particular day and have the receipts/stubs as mementos.

Maria
We don't journal what we eat but we do take pictures of all our meals! We also keep all our receipts but that is more so to make sure that we are getting our $'s worth from the ddp.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:41 PM   #1385
fadingjamie
Up next... our first trip to Disneyland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by APB513 View Post
Oh, OK. Well I will still try to find the drink passport. It will be good to keep track. Do you know where I can get a drink passport? Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdroz View Post
hmmm I'm also curious about the drink around the world passport.... any updates on this?
Not sure if they have any there but here is the one I have seen. Just print it out and bring it with you!
http://www.partythroughtheparks.com/...-showcase.html

We want pictures!!

June 2001 Off Site (Grad Night), March 2009 POP, June 2010 Give a Day, Get a Day program (NCL cruise day trip), May 2011 POFQ (we got engaged!), July 2013 Poly/POR (our honeymoon!), August 2014 POFQ (mother/daughter trip), Upcoming: August 2015 Quick trip to DLR then WDW @ CSR

Last edited by fadingjamie; 05-07-2012 at 12:43 PM. Reason: adding quote
fadingjamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:10 AM   #1386
modred
Earning My Ears

Read the DisBoards - got lots of great information! Thanks all!

modred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:16 PM   #1387
Gma570
Earning My Ears

Magic Strollers

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyWonderland View Post
WOW. Extremely thankful that I stumbled upon this site while doing some research, particularly this thread!

I'm not sure what to do as far as a stroller is concerned. We're staying onsite, but flying in from North Carolina, so bringing a stroller with us is not really an option. Are there small umbrella strollers for sale anywhere in WDW, or only rentals? It's just me, my husband, and our 5 year old.. I'm afraid he's going to get tired, and he's too big to be carried (by me, at least). I wonder if I could somehow cram an umbrella stroller into our suitcase.. lol.

Wendy, Last Sept we went with our grandkids and used Magic Stroller Rentals in Orlando. They delivered to and picked up from our hotel which was great. It was with the Valet service when we arrived and when we were done we returned it there for pick up. We used a double stroller and it came in a carrying case and was clean and in excellent condition. Using the stroller gave us a place for packages (under seat) and using "D" rings we were able to hang hats, drinks, etc on the handlebars. Check them out, they are great.
Gma570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:50 PM   #1388
ssjones
Mouseketeer

Stroller rental mainly for bag storage??

I have two DDs that are 7 and 9, both of them very petite. I had not planned on renting a stroller this time at WDW. Someone suggested we should get a rental stroller if for nothing else to hold a back pack or other belongings while we do the rides....Comments please.

I could see my 7 year old tiring out midday.
ssjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:51 AM   #1389
SpacedOut
First in line for Space Mountain ERT

Quote:

Maria
Works like magic! Glad to learn someone else does this...

You pick the century and I'll pick the spot.

- Jimmy Buffet, Boat Drinks
First Niagara Center Walt Disney World
SpacedOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:35 PM   #1390
MOUSEANDALL
Mouseketeer

Thanks SpacedOut! For a while there I thought I was alone with my idea. Great cheap alternative to a notebook/journal. Nice to know I have company. It works great for me. As much as I would like to think that my memory is good, it never is. By the time I get home I would forget what it was called, the description, price, etc. Plus, if you just need to scribble something down it is very handy. Great way to keep track of your receipts too and add up how much it would have cost you OOP versus Dining Plan. I do end up transferring all the info into a scrapbook. But, it definitely keeps me organized.

Maria
Old 05-09-2012, 03:16 PM   #1391
dealia
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjones View Post
I have two DDs that are 7 and 9, both of them very petite. I had not planned on renting a stroller this time at WDW. Someone suggested we should get a rental stroller if for nothing else to hold a back pack or other belongings while we do the rides....Comments please.

We have done this at other parks (my kids are older). It is so nice to have a stroller with flip flops, dry clothes ect..
dealia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:03 PM   #1392
jennykay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjones View Post

On our last trip DS was 7 and DD was 5. We took 2 umbrella strollers with us, and used them all the time. DS7 could hop in anytime and he was able to hang with us all day because he could rest whenever he needed to, but we didn't have to stop and wait. I highly recommend it. Plus, as you mentioned, it is really nice to be able to throw your bag under the stroller instead of carrying it around all day!

1989-offsite
1992-one day in MK-offsite
9/2007-Pop Century - MNSSHP
9/2008-ASMovies
10/2012-Pop Century
jennykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:05 PM   #1393
jennykay
Mouseketeer

Oh, I forgot to mention - we flew and gate checked the strollers. Helped to have those strollers in the airport, too.

1989-offsite
1992-one day in MK-offsite
9/2007-Pop Century - MNSSHP
9/2008-ASMovies
10/2012-Pop Century
jennykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:46 PM   #1394
mbarone54
Earning My Ears

Silhouettes

Just had this done with my DD7 at MK on Tuesday. There is one located in that little "alley" off of main street about half way down on the right (if you are facing the castle). There is also a booth set up in Liberty Square as well as on in France in EPCOT. It costs $8.00, you can NOT charge it on your KTTW card - they operate separately from the rest of Disney. You get 2 cut-outs and can always refuse if you are not happy with it. I had this done when I was at Disney at her age (many moons ago!) and wanted to keep up the "tradition". I takes about 5 minutes - it is amazing to watch!
mbarone54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:07 PM   #1395
SpacedOut
First in line for Space Mountain ERT

Quote:
Thanks SpacedOut! For a while there I thought I was alone with my idea. Great cheap alternative to a notebook/journal. Nice to know I have company. It works great for me. As much as I would like to think that my memory is good, it never is. By the time I get home I would forget what it was called, the description, price, etc. Plus, if you just need to scribble something down it is very handy. Great way to keep track of your receipts too and add up how much it would have cost you OOP versus Dining Plan. I do end up transferring all the info into a scrapbook. But, it definitely keeps me organized.

Maria
When I get home, I put all the information into an Excel spreadsheet so I can do subtotals, etc. This way, I have something to which I can refer in planning subsequent trips. I was surprised how much I actually spent during one day at Disney, but next time I'll know better...
You pick the century and I'll pick the spot.

- Jimmy Buffet, Boat Drinks
First Niagara Center Walt Disney World
SpacedOut is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: