Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2010, 10:25 PM   #1111
nolanboys
DIS Veteran

Mine are more things to do when waiting in line. We bought pins on ebay - a lot cheaper! Even if they didn't like the pins, they were able to trade them at the park. It gave them something to do and they interacted with the CM's. Their landyards are full, so Santa will have to bring them more pins to trade for our Spring Break trip. Also, we had a blast finding hidden Mickeys. We bought the book before we left and read it in line while we waiting for rides. We have some great pictures and our 11 year olds loved it! On our last trip we also enjoyed going to different resorts in the afternoon. We took a break and had a snack. We were able to get rejuvinated and see other some beautiful resorts!
Old 09-14-2010, 05:08 AM   #1112
bonrea
Family-Above All Else In Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusero View Post
Not only can I not sit in my favorite place to watch Wishes anymore (without reservations and paying out the nose), but now this burger thing? Sheesh.
I'll bite... Where was the "favorite place to watch Wishes"?
bonrea is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2010, 11:46 AM   #1113
jusero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonrea View Post

I'll bite... Where was the "favorite place to watch Wishes"?
It's the deck over by the noodle factory. That's the CS place to the right just as you cross the bridge into Tomorrowland. It's kind of tucked back in there so many people don't even pay it any attention. The food place usually isn't open when we go in early May, so we grab one of the tables at the edge of the deck about an hour or so before Wishes, one of us runs over to get dinner at Casey's, eat our dinner on the deck and then have a great, comfortable place to watch the fireworks. And it's really great for photos. Glad I got a bunch the last time we were able to sit there.

Now, however, this deck has been blocked off and you need to make ressies waaaaaaay in advance to have a seat there. Last time I checked (and couldn't get in) I think it was $75 each! At least, that's the number that stuck in my head. But they serve a "gourmet" dessert bar. Big whoop. It better be one heck of a dessert bar for that price.

1982, 1985, Disneyland
Sept., 1995: Shades of Geen, WDW
Oct. 2006: Disneyland
May, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012: Shades of Green, WDW
Dec. 2008: Shades of Green, WDW

2011 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2745311
2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2933651
2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3201400

jusero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 01:51 PM   #1114
tinkrebell
Disney Daydreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusero View Post
It's the deck over by the noodle factory. That's the CS place to the right just as you cross the bridge into Tomorrowland. It's kind of tucked back in there so many people don't even pay it any attention. The food place usually isn't open when we go in early May, so we grab one of the tables at the edge of the deck about an hour or so before Wishes, one of us runs over to get dinner at Casey's, eat our dinner on the deck and then have a great, comfortable place to watch the fireworks. And it's really great for photos. Glad I got a bunch the last time we were able to sit there.

Now, however, this deck has been blocked off and you need to make ressies waaaaaaay in advance to have a seat there. Last time I checked (and couldn't get in) I think it was $75 each! At least, that's the number that stuck in my head. But they serve a "gourmet" dessert bar. Big whoop. It better be one heck of a dessert bar for that price.
You're talking about Wishes Dessert Bar - I believe it's only $20 per person, but it's talked about a lot on the DISboards, so if you're still sad about losing your favorite spot, there might be a chance for you to join everyone up there and talk about whether or not it was worthy enough for you!
Old 09-14-2010, 05:43 PM   #1115
Alexander2010
Earning My Ears

Character meals, better standing in line at the parks. we try to get Chef Mickey, CRT, and CP every trip. gets Mickey and friends, Princesses and Pooh and friends.

All Star Movies - 2005, 2006 Caribbean Beach - 2008 Pop Century - 2009 Port Orleans Riverside - 2010 Aninal Kingdom Kidani, Beach Club Villas - 2011
Alexander2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 06:18 PM   #1116
bonrea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander2010 View Post
Character meals, better standing in line at the parks. we try to get Chef Mickey, CRT, and CP every trip. gets Mickey and friends, Princesses and Pooh and friends.
Absolutely!!! Something DH came up with and it helps a lot! Make sure the kids are on one side of the table and the parents on the other. The characters come to the table and hug the kiddies, you pick up the camera and take pictures, and you continue to enjoy your meal.

OH! OH! OH!!! Almost forgot!!! Be sure to take something to put the kid’s food in. They will be so excited that they have been known not to eat while in the restaurant. We take it back to the resort and eat before bed. Go figure…

Last edited by bonrea; 09-14-2010 at 06:23 PM.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:51 PM   #1117
Alexander2010
Earning My Ears

Quote:
OH! OH! OH!!! Almost forgot!!! Be sure to take something to put the kid’s food in. They will be so excited that they have been known not to eat while in the restaurant. We take it back to the resort and eat before bed. Go figure…
if your kids eat anything at all. i have such a picky eater that she doesn't eat much. but never forgets to get ice cream if it a buffet. even for breakfast.

All Star Movies - 2005, 2006 Caribbean Beach - 2008 Pop Century - 2009 Port Orleans Riverside - 2010 Aninal Kingdom Kidani, Beach Club Villas - 2011
Alexander2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 05:10 AM   #1118
bonrea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander2010 View Post
if your kids eat anything at all. i have such a picky eater that she doesn't eat much. but never forgets to get ice cream if it a buffet. even for breakfast.
WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!
Its the establishments way of taking control of your kids!
Old 09-15-2010, 01:56 PM   #1119
HS3kids
Mouseketeer

Thumbs up

Great tips! I have not ready every post yet but taking notes! 26 days to go!

Me DH DD19 DS11 DD6
HS3kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 02:06 PM   #1120
clanmcculloch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
PLEASE only do this if you're heading back to your resort or you have a cooler with ice to put it in. You don't want your child ending up with food poisoning because of leftovers that sat around at room temperature or worse, in FL summer heat for hours. Fruits and non-perishables would be fine, but meals or dairy based desserts, not so much.

Multi-Allergy & Autism Dining Reviews: February 2014 * DL & LA July 2013 * February 2013 * August 2012 * February 2012 * August 2011 * August 2010

February 2014 AKL: me, DH, DD15, DD13 * July 2013 DL offsite (Tropicana): me, DH, DD15, DD12, DSD30, DSSil * February 2013 WDW Poly: me, DH, DD14, DD12
August 2012 WDW FW Cabin & AoA Nemo: me, DH, DD14, DD12, DD12's BFF11 * February 2012 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD14, DD11 * August 2011 WDW YC: me, DH, DD13, DD11
February 2011 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD13, DD10, DSD28, DSSil * August 2010 WDW POFQ & Poly CL: me, DH, DD12, DD10 * June 2010 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD12, DD9
December 2009 WDW POFQ: me, DH, DD11, DD9 * February 2009 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD11, DD8 * August 2008 WDW SSR: me, DH, DSD25, DSD24, DD10, DD8
September 2007 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD9, DD7 * April 2002 DLR offsite: me, DH, DSD19, DSD17, DD4, DD1.5 * June 2000 DLR offsite: me(pregnant), DH, DSD17, DSD15, DD2
January 1994 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD11, DSD9 * January 1992 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD9, DSD7
clanmcculloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 02:18 PM   #1121
Nezzaa
Earning My Ears

I'm bumping this 'cause I think there's a lot of good stuff here for newbies like me.
Nezzaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 08:09 PM   #1122
staxia
Mouseketeer

This might have been mentioned before, but it's my standard advice, especially for folks who've never been.. (i used to give it all the time when working at the Disney Store, and had MANY folks come back and thank me for it!!)

1-- Know what you want to do in advance. (in this case, you're here already on DISboard, so you're ahead of the game)

-- know what's in each park, and make a plan for what you want to do in each park, and perhaps on each day... once you know what each person wants to do, rank them, then, make a list of the top 5 or 10 things you HAVE to see in that park.. then, make a second list with the next highest ranked things... that way, you get the most important things done first, and no one is disappointed that they didn't get to do what they wanted.

2- I cannot stress this enough. TAKE NAPS!

Especially if you've got a long vacation planned.. and in the summer most of all, get up, do some stuff, then go back when it's hot, take a nap, and life will be SO MUCH BETTER!!!!!!!!

Family & friends, old & young, Disney's fun for everyone!
staxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 09:59 PM   #1123
aenelson
Queen in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
Photo-Pass
Get pictures taken by CM's. They will give you a special card with an ID number. At the end of your trip, pick up your CD at Epcot or MK. I think the price just went from $99 to $120. The CD is your's. I heard someone had almost 500 pictures on their CD. That is a lot of pictures. If you don't want the CD, you can go home and log into the Photopass and you have one month to order pictures from Photo-pass.
Do they still have this package? How much does it cost now? Is there a website?

Thank you!

"He's my sun, my moon, my stars, my Disney Prince!!"
aenelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:20 AM   #1124
WAHkoMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkshel View Post
Bring extra sunglasses....I didnt... Having to buy uncomfortable replacements in the park after you leave them on test track is a wise lesson learned.
I haven't seen this tip before - - I am adding this to my packing list! THANKS!

WAHkoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 04:44 PM   #1125
bonrea

Quote:
Originally Posted by aenelson View Post
Do they still have this package? How much does it cost now? Is there a website?

Thank you!
Yes it still exists. Its called Disney's Photopass. There are CMs all over the place with pro cameras and take the pictures and hand you a photopass card or you give them a card you already have for them to scan the bar code. When you get home you go to http://www.disneyphotopass.com/ and purchase the pics. Price depends on what you wish to purchase and spend.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: