Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2010, 06:11 AM   #991
dzneelvr
A Disney Dolly
Doesn't mind if her gnomes kick the bucket after a year!

take time to enjoy your resort. we use the 2 travels days to stay at the ASMo and relax, swim, sun, etc. rather than do every day at a park
don't over pack. Use the laundry and save your luggage space for purchases. In this economy with the cost of checking bags it will be a good habit to start.
make some dining ADRs at the Deluxe resorts or other resorts you'd like to check out. After dining, explore the resort and grounds and all it has to offer.
dzneelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:26 AM   #992
Mom2adisneybaby
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nini View Post
I too think that Fanny packs are great!

Though with a small child, I will need more than that in carry space. I have decided on a smallish knapsack (a sporty type...weather proof material) and ziplock bags for those items that must stay dry. This will enable me to carry those essential sippy cups and snacks that my little one will need throughout the day. I will also be able to carry dh's wallet for him (in a ziplock of course!) and maybe a dry pair of shorts for myself and dd3...we hate wet bottoms!!! DH doesn't care if he is wet...man thing I suppose!.....
Just to let you and anyone else know I wanted a fanny pack so I got on ebay and bought a Kelty pack and oh my word was it big! My husband laughed at me when I put it on because of the size. I took my kids hiking a few weeks ago and took it along. I fit 6 caprisuns in it and snacks as well as an extra pair of shoes for my 2yr old. It even came with a changing pad. It will be plenty big enough for us on our trip. It will fit my pal mickey in there with plenty of extra room for sunscreen, wallet, camera, and more.

My favorite advice was to bring a stroller. I am so glad we did. the rentals were hard and very uncomfortable looking!
Mom2adisneybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2010, 10:35 AM   #993
Thumper_Man
DDC 684
Do we go left or to the second start on the right, straight on til morning?

DW and I just returned from a mini-vacation to Vegas. Headed to the World in October for our big vacation. We had to try some of the tips we learned here and I gotta say, you Dis'ers are awesome. This is what we tried out so far:

Mole Skin. Trying to break in new sandals and this came in handy.
Body Glide. Love it.
Powerstrip. This was one of the best tips yet. We encountered the, not enough plugs scenario.
Space saver bags. Only needed one suitcase between the 2 of us this way. Where we each would've taken one,thus eliminating one.

One new one we discovered was a clothesline that hangs in the shower. We used it to hang our swim suits after. I know people mentioned they use the hangers with the clips. The one we found was from REI and you don't need hangers. It twists to hold your clothes in place.

Thanks to all my Dis'ers. Can't wait to try the rest of the tips we've learned.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:54 PM   #994
Disney Mom of 4
Earning My Ears

Saving this thread. Thanks!!
Disney Mom of 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:39 AM   #995
lllGurulll
Going to the World again!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzie1 View Post
Sure it has been said, but $1 Coleman ponchos at Target or WalMart are a win! And now they come in colors other than hunter orange!
Are these Coleman ponchos as good as the Disney ones? I found some at Walmart $6 for adult and $5 for kids. Are they similar materials?

also, do the Disney ones come with their own storage bag like the Colemans do?
Old 05-24-2010, 11:42 PM   #996
therannj
Mouseketeer

thanks for all the great tips!
therannj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 01:09 AM   #997
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllGurulll View Post
Are these Coleman ponchos as good as the Disney ones? I found some at Walmart $6 for adult and $5 for kids. Are they similar materials?

also, do the Disney ones come with their own storage bag like the Colemans do?
Disney ponchos do not come with a storage bag only thier original wrapping and it would be tough to restuff it.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:43 AM   #998
jinia
"For the better part of my childhood, my professional aspirations were simple - I wanted to be an intergalatic princess." Janet Evanovich

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
Disney ponchos do not come with a storage bag only thier original wrapping and it would be tough to restuff it.
Absolutely agree with that! We always buy the dollar store ones - lots. That way we just throw them away when were finished. No trying to deal with putting wet ponchos away. We have used ponchos on the ground/chairs when they were wet to! Very handy and light.
jinia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:36 PM   #999
homeschool101
Mouseketeer

Disney tip that I'm glad we listened to?? Buy "The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World"! Man, that was so handy for the first few trips to Disney!
homeschool101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 10:48 AM   #1000
Disney Mom of 4
Earning My Ears

1) Don't bother sending your kids into the swarms of kids bombarding the characters along Main Street, in Adventureland, etc. Book a character meal, and meet them there instead. Or, meet them in Toontown -the line is long, but so worth it -especially the princesses!

2) We had been collecting pins for souvenirs. You can get a huge lot of these on ebay. It doesn't matter if you don't like them because you can trade them.

3) Pressed pennies are a really cheap and really fun souvenir.
Disney Mom of 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 03:38 PM   #1001
Beckypooh1972
Mouseketeer

Making ADR's

It sounds like a no brainer but a lot of people don't know you need to do this to secure dining reservations at character meals especially - I know there is no way we would have known to make ADR's for Chef Mickey's etc. without our podcast and Disboard buddies! Years ago the hubby and I used to just show up and go to guest relations for making ADR's the day of but now we know you need ADR's.
9/2000 CBR 9/2001,1/2002, 9/2002 off property 9/2003, 5/2005, 9/2005, 6/2006 off property with family and/or friends
9/2008 Pop - our first trip with our kids 5/2009 POR - anniversary celebration
12/2009 Pop - our first Christmas time trip

Last edited by Beckypooh1972; 05-26-2010 at 03:42 PM. Reason: grammar
Beckypooh1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 06:35 PM   #1002
DreamLiveLoveDisney
Mouseketeer

subscribing
Old 05-27-2010, 09:55 AM   #1003
thebigkahuna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeschool101 View Post
Disney tip that I'm glad we listened to?? Buy "The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World"! Man, that was so handy for the first few trips to Disney!

Really? I have been debating buying this. You found it very helpful? May I ask in what areas specifically? (dining, touring plans, hotels?)

Thanks!

thebigkahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:13 AM   #1004
perfectparanoia
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigkahuna View Post
Really? I have been debating buying this. You found it very helpful? May I ask in what areas specifically? (dining, touring plans, hotels?)

Thanks!
Touring plans. Best times to see attractions. Ratings of attractions by age group.

Their dining section is great also but I would rather read the menus and see the ratings online.

If you don't want the book, the website touringplans.com has all the same info and customized touring plans (and the info is more up to date).
Old 05-27-2010, 10:15 AM   #1005
scarlet_ibis
"GET UP AND GET ON THE BUS!"

*The DDP does not distinguish between children and adults for counter service meals, so anybody can order either size meal. This was a lifesaver for us (1) because sometimes the kids wanted something on the adult menu (like the hot dog at the Backlot Express) and (2) because our 15 mo old DS didn't have his own dining plan and we could order, say, the adult portion of chicken nuggets and split it between him and his sister.
Off-property trips circa 1999, 1991, 1981
scarlet_ibis is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: