Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2010, 01:14 AM   #901
gk90
Mom to Sorcerer Mickey fan and Donald's #1 fan!

Here's a link to a pick-a-pearl thread, 83 pages long!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....520941&page=82
In Epcot Japan the pearls are $17. Settings there are around $20 or more. Or you can get "cage" settings for $5 or less on eBay.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:54 PM   #902
jusero
DIS Veteran

I am a veteran Disney World traveler, but I am still finding great tips here! Bumping in so I can subscribe. Can't possibly read it all in one sitting.

1982, 1985, Disneyland
Sept., 1995: Shades of Geen, WDW
Oct. 2006: Disneyland
May, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012: Shades of Green, WDW
Dec. 2008: Shades of Green, WDW

2011 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2745311
2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2933651
2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3201400

jusero is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2010, 04:41 PM   #903
disneydad78
DDC #106
More important its about having some FUN!
We just LOVE its a small world!!;)

love this,,best thread every!!should be a sticky !
DISDADS member #106
(DD 16)(DS 12)(DS 8)(DW 32)(ME 35)
OffSite ('92) OffSite ('05) BonnetCreek ('07) BonnetCreek ('08) POR ('09) POR ('10) POR MVMCP ('11) POR MVMCP ('12) upcoming POR MNSSHP ('13)
disneydad78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 06:15 PM   #904
jacksmom2009
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by akur View Post

Double and triple that one! $4.95 vs. $14.95, and you have it already on the way there. I used mine in Las Vegas, a cruise, and the State Fair.
What kind of fan are you talking about? the little battery operated ones?
jacksmom2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:04 AM   #905
MKay
Earning My Ears

small cooler - not crocs - body glide

Last year we packed a small cooler in one of our suitcases (filled it with stuff like small cutting board, tablespoon, ziploc bags, etc) then put it in the suitcase. We were able to just keep refilling it with ice all week. Going to try a larger cooler this year.
I tried Crocs but got blisters on top of my foot. Used Merrell Mocs and had no problems at all...and I am not at all in shape nor did I do any pre-walking last year. I am walking a little bit this year (3miles/week) but plan to take it a little slower at a relaxed pace this year. Last year we were excited and were afraid we would miss out on so much...we had not been for 10 years before that trip.
Used Body Glide last year to prevent chafing (got it at Dick's Sporting Goods) but someone clued me in to use roll-on deodorant. Going to try them both out this year.

10 days until we leave...and apparently addicted to this site...

MKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:31 AM   #906
Thumper_Man
DDC 684
Do we go left or to the second start on the right, straight on til morning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper_Man View Post
Someone from avon must be reading our threads and came up with an over the door organizer for the bathrooms. I was shopping for DW for Valentine's day and came across it. Click HERE to check it out. I thought this was one of the coolest things I've seen and just had to share with my fellow Dis'ers. I've read several posts mentioning the Over the Door Shoe Organizers; now there's actually one for the bathroom. Well first one I've ever come across anyways. I plan on ordering one for our upcoming trip when they become available.
Update: When I first posted this, the organizer was unavailable. Now it's available for order. Just ordered one.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:48 AM   #907
tinkbutt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper_Man View Post
Update: When I first posted this, the organizer was unavailable. Now it's available for order. Just ordered one.
ok just bought that!!! not sure if I should thank you or sigh in anguish at buying more stuff LOL!!! Thanks for the tip I love it!!
Old 02-17-2010, 01:06 PM   #908
Thumper_Man
DDC 684
Do we go left or to the second start on the right, straight on til morning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkbutt View Post
ok just bought that!!! not sure if I should thank you or sigh in anguish at buying more stuff LOL!!! Thanks for the tip I love it!!
Your welcome. I was thining the same thing as you. Then I showed DW and she loved it. So of course I had to buy it. I'm sure I won't regret it once we're at WDW and it comes in very handy.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:35 PM   #909
E-Stop
The Last Alweg Pilot and Killer of Threads

1st, let me thank all those WDW pioneers who went before me. their ideas and experience have contributed to enhancing the experiences of others. Some of the best advise for our upcoming trip was found right here on this board. Just 2 of what I found:If you are in a value resort, don't rent a fridge from Disney @ 12 bucks per night, instead see if a fridge swap is available for your dates and participate(going to save me 120 dollars in rental fees). 2nd bit of advise: have items shipped to your resort (umbrella stroller and 2 cases of bottled water for us). The money saved on buying a stroller from Amazon and having it shipped to us vs. renting, paid for the cases of water and shipping from Costco, plus we get to pay it forward by leaving the stroller by leaving it in WDW with a lucky family in need we spot on check out day.

This is the way the thread ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.

E-Stop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 06:43 PM   #910
elheffner
Earning My Ears

staying on campus - preferably epcot - tips for affordability

We've gone five or six times with our kids now 14 and 17. We found it so much better to stay on site. Now we're spoiled and only stay at epcot resorts (though am intrigued by bay lake tower). Using these boards I discovered renting points makes it affordable, especially Sun-Thurs, though not as good as before since they recently changed the points needed, but still a good deal, more so if you can fit in a studio (sleeps 4). For the Fri and Sat nights we use starwood points at the swan or dolphin, stay for free!! They're still epcot resorts and very nice in their own right. Other suggestions we've taken to heart - get there at rope drop, use the towncar service.
elheffner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:18 PM   #911
jusero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKay View Post
Last year we packed a small cooler in one of our suitcases (filled it with stuff like small cutting board, tablespoon, ziploc bags, etc) then put it in the suitcase. We were able to just keep refilling it with ice all week. Going to try a larger cooler this year.
I tried Crocs but got blisters on top of my foot. Used Merrell Mocs and had no problems at all...and I am not at all in shape nor did I do any pre-walking last year. I am walking a little bit this year (3miles/week) but plan to take it a little slower at a relaxed pace this year. Last year we were excited and were afraid we would miss out on so much...we had not been for 10 years before that trip.
Used Body Glide last year to prevent chafing (got it at Dick's Sporting Goods) but someone clued me in to use roll-on deodorant. Going to try them both out this year.

10 days until we leave...and apparently addicted to this site...

I LOVE Merrell Mocs! I discovered them about four years or so ago and they are now all I wear to Disney ... and most everywhere now. They are the only shoes I can take straight out of the box and wear with no breaking in period. Comfy as slippers.

If you are going to the World and are wondering about your footwear ... I recommend 200 percent that you get some Merrell Mocs.

1982, 1985, Disneyland
Sept., 1995: Shades of Geen, WDW
Oct. 2006: Disneyland
May, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012: Shades of Green, WDW
Dec. 2008: Shades of Green, WDW

2011 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2745311
2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2933651
2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3201400

Last edited by jusero; 02-17-2010 at 08:25 PM.
jusero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:03 PM   #912
MickeysFans
Mouseketeer

Protect kids

Take the picture every morning on a digital or Polaroid and write your cell number on your child in permanent marker, under clothes where strangers can't see it. If they get lost, the info is there.
MickeysFans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:36 AM   #913
dmoore718
If you think being a firefighter is tough, try being a firefighter's wife

We have very small children. last year they were 3 and 2. We didn't want to always leave the diaper bag in the stroller, not so much because it might get stolen but because we usually needed something while in line. A sippy cup, WIPES, etc. So I had a small comfortable Nike bag, that was a backpack and I only put in it, a few diapers, wipes, cup. This way, I could carry it on my back but it was lightweight. I often forgot it was there. I would keep my valuables in a small purse over my shoulder. It worked out well.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:21 PM   #914
saimore
Earning My Ears

Off Site VS. On Site

Can someone share the pros and cons of staying onsite vs. offsite. We are trying to visit in Sept. This will be our first visit with four children 10, 7,5, and 3. Having a hard time making a decision.
Mika
saimore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 03:45 PM   #915
Hootch
DIS Veteran

My thoughts

We have always stayed onsite. There are a number of benefits.

1) The bus system is convenient. Even when we have a car we use the bus system anytime we are going to the MK. If you don't have a car then the convenience is enormous - or possibly the savings from not having to rent a car. Yes buses can be crowded at certain times but it has not been a big issue for us. Many hotels have shuttles to and from Disney but the frequency is not as great as Disney's system.

2) Extra magic hours (EMH) we do these a lot in the AM and I want to do more of the PM especially for the MK when it's open . hese are hours in the AM (1 hr) or PM (3 hrs) where only Disney resort guests have access to the parks. (Hint if you're staying offsite and cannot use EMH,I would start out at another park. These parks usually get really crowded around lunch time.)

3) Ability to make up to 10 days of ADRs 180 days out from your check in date. People offsite have to wait for 180 days from each day.

4) Continuous theming
Hootch is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: