Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2010, 09:09 AM   #871
~*Abbie*~
BDW Mod Squad

fantastic thread, im copy/pasting the great tips to use in 6 weeks when we go! YAY!
Old 01-15-2010, 07:31 PM   #872
Sillybowtie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniee66 View Post
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but the dollar tree store has "magic wand" glow sticks!! They are really cute sticks with a star on the end.I stock up on them!! It has saved me a ton of money.
I also saw a sword and an ax for the boys.

March 2007- SSR
June 2010- BLT
Sillybowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2010, 07:49 PM   #873
Muppet_Girl
Mouseketeer

General tip that made a lot of difference:

You don't need to pay full price!

I know now to most of us that makes total sense, but when I first started, I was paying rack rate for everything...crazy I know

1994- Beach Club: FIRST DISNEY TRIP 2001- Old Key West: The return of Disney Trips!! 2003- Wilderness Lodge & Disney Wonder 2004 & 2005- Disney Magic: 7 day cruise 2006- Disney Magic & Saratoga Springs: 4 Parks in 1 Day 2007& 2008- Saratoga Springs: Family Trip 2009- Pop Century: Girls Only Trip 2010- Princess Trip OKW 2011- Remember the Magic Trip Boardwalk 2011- Conference/Disney Medical Student Adventure All Star Sports

Muppet_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:02 PM   #874
captainj
Mouseketeer

OMG! OMG! OMG! I have to show this to you guys!! My birthday was Sunday and my DH was really upset because his gift for me wasn't finished yet. He is a wire jewelry artist and he has been incredibly busy lately. ANYWAY, I just got my birthday gift and I am in tears!!

Do you recognize that red Mickey head inside??

Yep, it is confetti from our last night in Disney at the Wishes Dessert Party! DH had collected it off of the table when I wasn't looking to make me a pendant with! He even put a hidden Mickey in the bail (not really hidden, but you know what I mean!)

He usually makes pendants from people's flowers (prom, wedding, funerals, etc.) but said he didn't want to get arrested for picking flowers in Disney World!

Anyway, he is the sweetest DH in the world (right now) and I had to share with everyone I know who will appreciate it!

Current Trip-Going back for Mason's Double Digit Birthday!

captainj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:09 AM   #875
bgsnmky
DIS Veteran

sooo sweet

This is sooo awesome....send me a pm with your info etc..I might love to order something from him.

THIS was an awesome BD gift for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainj View Post
OMG! OMG! OMG! I have to show this to you guys!! My birthday was Sunday and my DH was really upset because his gift for me wasn't finished yet. He is a wire jewelry artist and he has been incredibly busy lately. ANYWAY, I just got my birthday gift and I am in tears!!

Yep, it is confetti from our last night in Disney at the Wishes Dessert Party! DH had collected it off of the table when I wasn't looking to make me a pendant with! He even put a hidden Mickey in the bail (not really hidden, but you know what I mean!)

He usually makes pendants from people's flowers (prom, wedding, funerals, etc.) but said he didn't want to get arrested for picking flowers in Disney World!

Anyway, he is the sweetest DH in the world (right now) and I had to share with everyone I know who will appreciate it!

Old 01-16-2010, 11:08 AM   #876
BoosGram
Better than a candygram....I tink, therefore I am.

Quote:

That is just adorable! You are lucky to have such a thoughtful DH.

BoosGram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:21 PM   #877
b00kw0rm429
Mouseketeer

Queston-EMH

Please, someone tell me what an EMH is...I know I'll kick myself after the fact, but I seriously cannot figure it out!
b00kw0rm429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:23 PM   #878
PrincessTiffany
Is there anything better than Free Dining and Fastpasses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by b00kw0rm429 View Post
Please, someone tell me what an EMH is...I know I'll kick myself after the fact, but I seriously cannot figure it out!
Extra Magic Hours
PrincessTiffany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:26 PM   #879
GingerJay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by calzo View Post
I read somewhere on the disboards about the Bagellini being the best bag for the parks. Well I bought one before our trip last year and haven't been able to give it up yet. It wears like an over-the-shoulder sling so I can wear it on my back, but I can also spin it around front at the drop of a hat to pull something out or in crowded places. It's waterproof so no worries on water rides. It held everything we needed for 6 people last year...ponchos, bottled water, camera, money, tickets, you name it, it fit without being very heavy or bulky. When it wears out (IF it wears out), I'll def be buying another.

Other tips...

**Rent a locker at the water parks.
**Always take a poncho...ALWAYS!
**I'm not a fan of credit cards, but the Disney VISA gives great great rewards. Plus you can get one-on-one time at EPCOT with major characters and a FREE 5X7 picture.
**Take drink powder packets to add to the free ice water that you can get in the parks.
**I know this isn't a tip, but the Peter Pan Family Magic Tour was AWESOME, especially for young children.
**Take a nap in the afternoon if at all possible.
**Take advantage of the Extra Magic Hours at night. Some of our most surprise MAGICAL moments have happened during these times.
Chase has a Disney Debit card now that carries most of the benefits offered by the credit card. I too deal mostly with cash, so I was overjoyed with hearing about this

February 2008: Contemporary Resort
March 2010: Windsor Hills
GingerJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:29 PM   #880
b00kw0rm429
Mouseketeer

Emh

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessTiffany View Post
Extra Magic Hours
I guess I won't kick myself! How do you get them and what do you do with them? TIA!
b00kw0rm429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:39 PM   #881
PrincessTiffany
Is there anything better than Free Dining and Fastpasses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by b00kw0rm429 View Post
I guess I won't kick myself! How do you get them and what do you do with them? TIA!
Each of the four parks at Disney has a designated day for morning and evening Extra Magic Hours. You must stay on-site at a Disney Resort to take advantage of the EMH. Morning EMH is one hour in the park before it opens to the general public and evening EMH is usually three hours after closing to the general public.
PrincessTiffany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 05:04 PM   #882
L107ANGEL
Tipsy Pioneer (Committed PUI)
Has trouble holding on to tags
Release your inner Betty Crocker!
I shoulda had a V-8!

Quote:

Totally sweet
Old 01-16-2010, 08:50 PM   #883
Lglchick
It's a talent that I always have possessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppet_Girl View Post
General tip that made a lot of difference:

You don't need to pay full price!

I know now to most of us that makes total sense, but when I first started, I was paying rack rate for everything...crazy I know
What exactly do you mean by this? Are you referring to use of codes and discounts?

SO GLAD I FOUND THIS THREAD! We are 62 days away and I have taken tons of notes from this thread. Thanks to everyone for sharing!
Lglchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:08 PM   #884
mkleinbe
DIS Veteran

Great tips everyone!!!
Old 01-19-2010, 12:25 PM   #885
pcrmommy
Earning My Ears

Thanks for sharing all these great tips, its been great reading them all!

1971-1988 Too many trips to count offsite & FW
1989-Golf Resort
1991-Disneyland
2005-Disneyland
2011-FW

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/3va2x4mxoawqwwjo.png[/img]
pcrmommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: