Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2009, 06:17 PM   #811
bgohre
Always be the second one in the outhouse. It's going to smell anyway so you might as well have a warm seat.

Man, I've spent most all day reading these at work. Think I had better subscribe. Great tips everybody
Old 11-03-2009, 11:33 AM   #812
HermanTriplets+1
DIS Veteran

One poster mentioned buying alien green mickey heads at Home Depot - what is this about? Sounds interesting but why do we need alien green mickey heads?
Please enlighten!
This could be the most interesting tip yet!
HermanTriplets+1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2009, 11:47 AM   #813
cropper
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna View Post
This used to be a great idea but Disney Store is no longer selling Disney Dollars, which I think, is a huge mistake. I believe you can still get them at Guest Relations at the parks.
I just bought Disney Dollars at my local store 2 weeks ago. They were out of $1 so I had to buy $5. That was ok, it just doesn't look like as much to my 5 year old

next trip 2015 but can't decide where to stay!
May 2012 Aulani
Jan 2012 addonitis hits - more points! OKW
Dec 2009 BWV
Oct 2007 BWV using OUR OWN POINTS!!
Jan 2007 bought our own DVC points at BWV!!
Dec 2005 OKW using rented points
cropper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:17 PM   #814
Thumper_Man
DDC 684
Do we go left or to the second start on the right, straight on til morning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HermanTriplets+1 View Post
One poster mentioned buying alien green mickey heads at Home Depot - what is this about? Sounds interesting but why do we need alien green mickey heads?
Please enlighten!
I'm trying to remember this one. Long thread to read, but if I remember correctly; the poster used it to help identify his/her car in the parking lot. The poster puts it on the antenna and makes the car more easily identifiable. Especially if you're in a rental car. Sometimes you may forget what car you are in, or there are other cars like yours in the lot. I'm guessing not everyone does this and you can spot your car easier.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:33 PM   #815
Thumper_Man
DDC 684

Quote:
Please enlighten!
Please don't flame me for being wrong, but my bad. I had to do a little research on the subject. It seems its a way Dis'ers identify themselves to other Dis'ers in the parks, resorts, etc. Hoping someone can confirm this for me. I'm still fairly new and now I'm curious myself to see if this is right. Veterans, please help.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:36 PM   #816
DisneyAndRedSox
I still call it a WEDWay PeopleMover!

Quote:
Please enlighten!
A Lime Green Mickey Head is a way of knowing someone is on DIS Boards. Some DIS'ers wear lime green, others make green Mickey Head tags (see by my name to the left-it's one of my bag tags for next year-LOL).

An easy way of making a id tag: Home Depot has Disney brand paint and the sample cards are in the shape of a Mickey Head, so pick up an Alien Green paint chip card and turn it into a DIS-id! I am putting one on my backpack and stroller.

DVC Trips:
Feb '14- Aulani dream trip cancelled due to snow (obviously Mother Nature is not a Disney fan); May '14- AKV Kidani, BCV; May '15- Pending lots of Pixie Dust... VGC, Aulani
DisneyAndRedSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:43 PM   #817
marandr
Mouseketeer

Take a picture of your photopass card!!!!!!!
marandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:54 PM   #818
weluvdisney1
Earning My Ears

Great tips everybody,very useful info!!
weluvdisney1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:07 PM   #819
WyldLynx
Crazy Disney Addict

HA! I made it! I just finished reading all 55 pages. It took me almost 4 days to fit in time to read it all. Thank you all for the wonderful tips I have a long page full of notes and will now have to go through them to see what will work for us. I still have quite a bit of time before we go but I'm ready to run out to our local Dollar Tree and Dollar General Stores to start stocking up on a few things.

My DH thinks I'm absolutely nuts because we are still a good 10mths out until our trip, but we'll see who has the last laugh when we get down to Orlando.

Sept 2010 - First Trip Ever (offsite), Sept 2013 Wilderness Lodge, Sept 2014 Wilderness Lodge CL
WyldLynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:24 PM   #820
mcco5543
Disabilities Awareness and Education Teacher and Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzKneeLand View Post
Body Glide for your feet to reduce (and for me elimiate) the blisters. Couple that with Cool Max socks - and you are good for hours and hours of walking!!!

DizzKnee
I don't mean to be dumb as a brick but what is are Cool Max socks?? They even sound lovely!
mcco5543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:26 PM   #821
rosiep
I don't drink, I try to convert people to nudism!
while it was a beautiful experience it was a slurge
I'm one of those people who need coffee just so I can make coffee

I have two food related tips:

My husband loves to eat yogurt for breakfast..it's a great source of protein and easy to buy at the Disney resorts the night before so you don't need to get up and leave the room in search of breakfast. Bringing a small box of granola to add to the yogurt added some extra vitamins and crunch. (Yogurt is only a snack credit on the DDP, but a CS if you buy the prepackaged fruit and granola).
Secondly, I like to bring a small tupperware container or two INTO the parks to keep my CS snacks from getting crushed in my backpack, or keep my leftove popcorn or cotton candy. Sometimes I'll eat only half my lunch and save the rest for later! If you do this you'll want to either bring something your comfortable throwing away or also pack a little sponge and dish soap.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:48 PM   #822
Puget Peach
Hello, my name is Puget Peach and I'm a Disneyholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcco5543 View Post
I don't mean to be dumb as a brick but what is are Cool Max socks?? They even sound lovely!
Cool Max fibers wick moisture away from the body so it can evaporate, unlike cotton that tends to take forever to dry. I found packages of Cool Max socks at Costco's and I swear by them. I also have the low cut style. I won't wear anything else in the parks, winter or summer. Most of the time I wear the socks with Teva Dozers or my Cayman Crocs (yes, I'm a socks with crocs kind of gal) and find it plenty warm in the cooler months. Because your feet stay dry, they stay warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer! There are other brand names and they are collectively called "wicking socks" because they "wick" moisture away from the skin.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:52 PM   #823
Puget Peach
Hello, my name is Puget Peach and I'm a Disneyholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyAndRedSox View Post
A Lime Green Mickey Head is a way of knowing someone is on DIS Boards. Some DIS'ers wear lime green, others make green Mickey Head tags (see by my name to the left-it's one of my bag tags for next year-LOL).

An easy way of making a id tag: Home Depot has Disney brand paint and the sample cards are in the shape of a Mickey Head, so pick up an Alien Green paint chip card and turn it into a DIS-id! I am putting one on my backpack and stroller.
I was at Home Depot specifically to pick up a couple and they were OUT!!! With less than a month before my trip, I'm going to need to check again soon.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:53 PM   #824
Thumper_Man
DDC 684

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcco5543 View Post
I was taught in school, the only dumb question asked is the one not asked. So there is not such thing as a dumb question.

The best way to describe Coolmax socks is they are a special pair of socks that help keep your feet cool. I know it sounds cliche, but they are designed to keep your feet drier by pulling away moisture from your feet.

Here's a link that offers a better explanation than I can:
http://workingperson.com/products/22...max_Socks.html

I like to go hiking, and have several pairs of these. I've yet to develop a blister, even when breaking in new hiking shoes/boots.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:02 PM   #825
ZoZo
DIS Veteran

Get there at rope drop. It makes such a huge difference! On my trip last month, I went to Epcot two different days, once at 10:15 (an hour and 15 minutes after opening) and the second time 20 minutes before rope drop. By arriving at rope drop and using Fast Pass effectively, I was able to ride Soarin' (my favorite ride!) seven times that day! The day I didn't arrive until 10:15, I was only able to ride twice, because FPs started running out around 12:30/1:00.

Use Fast Pass Effectively. Pay attention to your "return window" and grab another FP before hopping on your FP ride. As mentioned above, I got to Epcot at rope drop, got a Soarin' FP immediately, got in the stand-by line, rode Soarin', got another FP, used my first FP -- you get the picture! I rode Soarin' three times in the first hour and a half.

Use Single Rider Lines. I rode Expedition Everest three times in 30 minutes using the single rider line. I literally got off and got right back on again without waiting in line at all. Amazing!

Stay hydrated and take breaks when you need to. It's easy to try to go "commando" and try to do too much, but you can wear yourself out that way.

Slow down and experience the magic! I tend to go 100 miles an hour and zoom to the next attraction, but some of my best times at WDW was when I slowed down and noticed the little things.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: