Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2009, 12:31 PM   #766
Callalily6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by calzo View Post
**I know this isn't a tip, but the Peter Pan Family Magic Tour was AWESOME, especially for young children.
what's that? can you link to more info?

Callalily6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 12:40 PM   #767
calzo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callalily6 View Post
what's that? can you link to more info?
Here is the link to where I found out about it. It is called the Family Magic Tour and takes place at Magic Kingdom. There are also reviews on the same allears.net site. We had a GREAT time!

Disney Tours

Tour Reviews

Check out my new Disney blog!
calzo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2009, 09:00 PM   #768
jmpratt
Earning My Ears

PANCHO'S!!!!!!!! Say No to Dollar Store Brands.

Just got back from a fabulous 7 day-er with Free Dining. I read these boards for 4 months getting tips & ideas. I made a mistake with the dollar store panchos. They SUCK! Our 1st night at MK rained so hard we were walking through water up to our ankles. (No lie. ) I thought I was soooo prepared packing the Dollar Store panchos until I actually put one on. They are too small & the plastic sticks to the skin & I was as wet as if I never wore one. I promptly bought everyone a WDW one out of the gift shop at the resort & sent the others to a Florida landfill. Only $7 & so worth it. Not only was it long enough but a good souvenior too. Fortunately I only wore it one more time but carried it with me everday.
Just thought I would save someone else the agony...
jmpratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:07 AM   #769
Hootch
DIS Veteran

Go to

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpratt View Post
Just got back from a fabulous 7 day-er with Free Dining. I read these boards for 4 months getting tips & ideas. I made a mistake with the dollar store panchos. They SUCK! Our 1st night at MK rained so hard we were walking through water up to our ankles. (No lie. ) I thought I was soooo prepared packing the Dollar Store panchos until I actually put one on. They are too small & the plastic sticks to the skin & I was as wet as if I never wore one. I promptly bought everyone a WDW one out of the gift shop at the resort & sent the others to a Florida landfill. Only $7 & so worth it. Not only was it long enough but a good souvenior too. Fortunately I only wore it one more time but carried it with me everday.
Just thought I would save someone else the agony...
to someplace like WalMart that has a sporting goods section. You'll find larger, thicker ponchos pretty cheaply there.
Hootch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:19 AM   #770
Lisa S.
Trip planner extradordinaire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootch View Post
to someplace like WalMart that has a sporting goods section. You'll find larger, thicker ponchos pretty cheaply there.
That's where I got mine. . .and they even have a little drawstring pouch so you can put it back in after you're done wearing it when it's wet and it won't get your bag wet. Just don't forget to take them out back at the hotel and hang them up to dry!
Lisa S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 01:21 PM   #771
lori1043
Where IS that EASY button advertised on TV? Gold ribbons for childhood cancer awareness

we've used the Dollar Tree ones with no issues-yeah they stick.

WE have an old Mickey one and 2 good LSU ones if we need them(one guy out I guess, since we have 4 of us), but I have never had an issue with them before-I guess we'll see b/c we'll be there in 5 days!!

Lori
2/10- moved there! 9/09-Birthday trip to ASsports, 9/08-evacuation 2 day suprise to Asmovies, 2/08-Celebrate Life extended trip at Pop, 3/07-DISNEYLAND without kids, 1/03-POR for half marathon by myself, 2/05-ASmovies with my family, 10/03-ASsports with my family, 3/02-GKTW with Make a Wish, 3/95-SoG before kids, '86-FW at 16, when I fell in love with the the art, movies and parks!

lori1043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:58 PM   #772
mavdav
Wife of Disney Freak

I also use tattoos that have our cell numbers on them. I purchased mine at
www.safetytat.com they are awesome and my boys know that if they get lost they go up to any CM and show them their tattoo!

I L-O-V-E our over the door shoe organizer. I got mine from Walmart for about $8 and its been worth it! We use it for cruising, WDW trips and almost any other trip where we stay in a hotel or condo.

We will be going to WDW for 2 weeks and I plan to bring 2 fold up hampers. one for me and DH and the other for the boys.

I knew we were going to be going back to WDW several times as we were AP and I forked out the $10 (now $15) for the light up toys they sell at night, but you can replace the batteries! So everytime we go, I pack them with extra batteries!

Get ressies to eat at Crystal Palace before the park opens! great pics

Eat at Ohana on a fireworks night and you can see them from the restaurants. They pipe the music in too! its awesome!

Boardwalk 9/06 - Saratoga Springs 2/07 - Pop 9/07 - Marriot Horizon 12/07 - Saratoga Springs 2/08 - DCL 2/08 - Saratoga Springs 5/08 - Saratoga Springs 9/08 - Beach Club 9/08 - Pop 9/08 - Pop 9/09 - DCL 10/09 Marriott Grande Vista 12/09 - AKL 3/10 - Pop 10/10 - MNSSHP 10/10, MNSSHP 10/11 - Marriott Courtyard 10/11 - DCL 10/11 - POP 10/12
mavdav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:29 PM   #773
jennyerin
Mouseketeer

I agree that if you are going during rainy season you need beefier ponchos. We tried the dollar tree ones during a wet Fantasmic show on a previous trip and were soaked! They leaked so badly.

We were late for our Ohana ressie and lucked out as we were still at the table for the fireworks. The boat parade went on at the same time too - great location!

One frustration on our trip was that our Luau was rained out. We found ourselves with two credits and no place for dinner that night. We ended up eating back at our resort and were lucky enough to get another ressie for the luau (didn't rain thankfully). The concierge actually recommended having a back-up dinner lined up.

My husband decided that it was easier to drive to GF for a breakfast and leave the car in the parking lot than to try the buses and monorail.

That's all I can think of right now :-)
Lynn
jennyerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 02:11 PM   #774
jmpratt
Earning My Ears

Swim Goggles...

I haven't seen this posted yet. I wish we had had swim goggles. The pool is so full of chlorine our eyes were burning!
jmpratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 02:49 PM   #775
debsters41
DIS Veteran

It bears repeating

Hands down the best tip was asking for ice water at counter service. There were never any 'weird looks' or sighs, it was the easiest thing in the world. I had kool aid singles to mix in it in case my family were averse to the water, but I guess they were too thirsty to notice a 'funny' taste!

Second best tip is buying pins from a reputable seller on e-bay and trading with castmembers! Warning, however..... Pin trading can become highly addictive. My daughter and I had 20 between us to start, but we just loved the ones we were trading for so much, that we must have spent $200 on more starter packs and other pins (including halloween ones!
)

We had ponchos from Walmart, they were fine!

The last of my 'best tips', at least for now, was studying the menus before going. We had many days of free dining, but my picky eaters were always satisfied because I always steered them to places where they would find something they like! We also managed to avoid hamburgers!

That's all I can think of for now
Old 09-13-2009, 09:39 PM   #776
brennicksmom
!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpratt View Post
I haven't seen this posted yet. I wish we had had swim goggles. The pool is so full of chlorine our eyes were burning!
Just to let you know, at the waterparks they only let you have the eye goggles/no nose pieces

June 2004 All Star Movies, June 2005 All Star Movies, June 2006 POP Century, June 2007 POP Century, June 2008 POP Century, June 2009 POP/POLY split stay, February 2010 POP Century, June 2011 POP Century, May 2012 POP Century
brennicksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:35 PM   #777
tam626
DIS Veteran

The two tips that come to mind right now are the walmart ponchos, worked great & the petsmart dog tag id for my 4 year old.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:02 PM   #778
quantumottle
DIS Veteran

Standing riiiiiight where Robo's map tells me to stand during Wishes.
quantumottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:03 PM   #779
disneybound31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantumottle View Post
Standing riiiiiight where Robo's map tells me to stand during Wishes.
Which is where exactly?
disneybound31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:29 AM   #780
lori1043
Where IS that EASY button advertised on TV? Gold ribbons for childhood cancer awareness

Hey guys , just got back!!

The things that worked best for us were:

1. the shoe organizer uncluttered our limited counter space at AS Sports really well! It wouldn't fit over the door(they were thicker) but hung perfectly from the shelf you can hang clothes on right next to the sink

2. dollar tree raincoats worked fine for us at Kali River Rapids, not sure about the rainstorm b/c the only time it rained was when we were at TL! After we were done with them we hand them off to someone going in-but we've done this many times before

Here are a couple I will add....

1. use those special envelopes like the ones you can print up off of themouseforless.com for the table service tips and mousekeepers- I gave one at Sci Fi and the waitress said she'd never gotten one(she'd been there 3.5 years!) and they pin them on a wall in the back! She said they love getting those!

2. bring an extra memory card for you camera. I took a 4g and I ran out! I used my DD9's 1g card. I think it is b/c I took a lot more video than usual. I have brought 2g in the past and done fine with that-but I rarely ever used the video option on my camera for fear of using up too much space!

Have fun!

Lori
2/10- moved there! 9/09-Birthday trip to ASsports, 9/08-evacuation 2 day suprise to Asmovies, 2/08-Celebrate Life extended trip at Pop, 3/07-DISNEYLAND without kids, 1/03-POR for half marathon by myself, 2/05-ASmovies with my family, 10/03-ASsports with my family, 3/02-GKTW with Make a Wish, 3/95-SoG before kids, '86-FW at 16, when I fell in love with the the art, movies and parks!

lori1043 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: