Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2009, 04:00 PM   #736
toledo13
A dream is a wish your heart makes.

Get the UG!!!
toledo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 04:35 PM   #737
cuches
Mouseketeer

Toledo13....LOVE your YouTube video's!!! ToT is our favorite and I think I was screaming "Oh crap, Oh crap, Oh crap" too on my first ride. OK, I'm from NY and the Crap's were a word starting with F!!!!!! So excited that we have ressies at Teppan Edo on our last night. Looks awesome! Been to Benny Hanna in NYC but never saw a women doing the cooking, they said "No women cook" I told my DH to listen up and now I NO COOK too!

Thanks to everyone on this thread....I am almost finished with my shopping list. Got brand new Totes poncho's (did not like the idea of the throwaway kind because they are too flimsy, I will just make sure I dry them before rolling them up again) Got my glow sticks from Home Depot and of course my alien green mickey heads from their paint department! Hope to see some other DISers there too!

Tina ------> Going 9/13-9/19.
1993 Dixie Landings (honeymoon), 1998 off site Holiday Inn (NOT NICE!), 2004 off site Radison (pretty nice) Dana's first trip, 2008 All Star Music, 2009 Coronado Springs, 2010 Pop Century, 2011 Hard Rock Hotel @ Universal Studios2014 Christmas at All Star Movies
cuches is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-26-2009, 06:27 PM   #738
toledo13
A dream is a wish your heart makes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuches View Post
Toledo13....LOVE your YouTube video's!!! ToT is our favorite and I think I was screaming "Oh crap, Oh crap, Oh crap" too on my first ride. OK, I'm from NY and the Crap's were a word starting with F!!!!!! So excited that we have ressies at Teppan Edo on our last night. Looks awesome! Been to Benny Hanna in NYC but never saw a women doing the cooking, they said "No women cook" I told my DH to listen up and now I NO COOK too!

Thanks to everyone on this thread....I am almost finished with my shopping list. Got brand new Totes poncho's (did not like the idea of the throwaway kind because they are too flimsy, I will just make sure I dry them before rolling them up again) Got my glow sticks from Home Depot and of course my alien green mickey heads from their paint department! Hope to see some other DISers there too!

Tina ------> Going 9/13-9/19.

I'm glad you liked it! Probably the most embarrassing thing of me on the internet... anything for my disers!!!
toledo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 06:44 PM   #739
ZoZo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlionblue View Post
The best advice I ever got was always wear broken-in shoes. At the last minute, I left my new shoes behind and went with my crummy ones even though my mom said they looked horrible. It saved my feet big-time! Yes, you will do a CRAZY amount of walking so forget the new Nikes. Find the most comfortable shoes you have instead.
I second that advice! I brought what I THOUGHT were broken-in shoes (my regular workout shoes) on one of my trips. I ended up with a big blister on the bottom of my little toe the first day. Soooo glad I brought my oldest, crummiest shoes - they weren't pretty, but they did the job!
Old 08-27-2009, 01:59 PM   #740
momeejenjen
Earning My Ears

For those with an Iphone (can I say hubby and I have had ours for a year now and LOVE THEM!)

There are Apps you can download

WDW Wait Times: This App gives you wait times of all the rides in the parks

UpinPoint: This is a map of MK along with hours and parade times, it also has a GPS guide on it.

Also WDW Secrets: Tells you little hidden secrets about WDW as well as where to find hidden Mickeys
momeejenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:54 PM   #741
stavidt
Mom of 2 little princesses

best tips

Bring a power strip for all electronics

make character "breakfast" a brunch at around 11 ish

Bring a collapsable hamper

Bribe the kids some afternoons....if you nap before dinner we can see the night parade/fireworks

Bring an over the door shoe organizer to keep everything neat and in one place...sunscreen, deoderant, tylenol.

Don't buy a pair shoes to wear to disney that you wouldn't jog at least a mile in.

Book BBBboutique they night before of the day you r going home...they can bring a little magic home with them!
stavidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 06:29 PM   #742
katsmom4
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by momeejenjen View Post
For those with an Iphone (can I say hubby and I have had ours for a year now and LOVE THEM!)

There are Apps you can download

WDW Wait Times: This App gives you wait times of all the rides in the parks

UpinPoint: This is a map of MK along with hours and parade times, it also has a GPS guide on it.

Also WDW Secrets: Tells you little hidden secrets about WDW as well as where to find hidden Mickeys

we also used one that was all about Disney Dining. That helped a lot. it had menus and what they offered!!
They have a ton on itunes for Disney. I only have an itouch but they all were still really helpful minus the GPS
katsmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 10:25 AM   #743
Plumeria9
DIS Veteran

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julianna07 View Post

My other tip is to keep a small pack of Post it notes in your day pack to cover the little "eye" on the automatic Toilets. It has scared my niece when it would flush when she is still sitting on the seat. With the post it over the eye, it won't flush til you remove the paper. It has saved a few clothing changes when we've incountered these toilets in shopping malls in our home town.
Yes this is one of my top 5 tips. I have 2 little girls and use this in every bathroom at the World. Who needs a toilet flushing as soon as you sit down on it. If any of you have ever seen a Post-it stuck on the back of the stall wall, it might be from me. I leave them behind for the next person :-) I also carry them in my purse for local use.
POR 6/2014 • DLR 1/13 • CBR 1/2011 • Off-Site WDW 3/09 • Good Neighbor hotel @ DLR 1/09 • Poly 1/07• Honeymoon @ CBR 4/92 • Native Disneylander "Take what you can get, and give nothing back!""If you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all" - Thumper
Plumeria9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 08:05 PM   #744
lori1043
Where IS that EASY button advertised on TV? Gold ribbons for childhood cancer awareness

This is the second time I am taking advantage of this thread so THANK YOU to all who have submitted!

I brought pop up hampers last time and cannot find them now! Well, I take that back.... i cannot find them for less than $5. I had Dollar tree ones last time and I threw them away after the trip- but they did the job for us.
Also, shoe holders for toiletries? none less than $8. I was hoping for Dollar tree. Is it worth it for those prices?

Lori
2/10- moved there! 9/09-Birthday trip to ASsports, 9/08-evacuation 2 day suprise to Asmovies, 2/08-Celebrate Life extended trip at Pop, 3/07-DISNEYLAND without kids, 1/03-POR for half marathon by myself, 2/05-ASmovies with my family, 10/03-ASsports with my family, 3/02-GKTW with Make a Wish, 3/95-SoG before kids, '86-FW at 16, when I fell in love with the the art, movies and parks!

lori1043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:20 AM   #745
BoosGram
Better than a candygram....I tink, therefore I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lori1043 View Post
This is the second time I am taking advantage of this thread so THANK YOU to all who have submitted!

I brought pop up hampers last time and cannot find them now! Well, I take that back.... i cannot find them for less than $5. I had Dollar tree ones last time and I threw them away after the trip- but they did the job for us.
Also, shoe holders for toiletries? none less than $8. I was hoping for Dollar tree. Is it worth it for those prices?

Lori
Do you have any Ross or Marshall's in your area? I got a shoe holder for about $5 at my Ross. We definitely get our use out of it on cruises!

5 Below is another possibility.

BoosGram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 08:21 PM   #746
Callalily6
DIS Veteran

i did this with our kids when they were little on rides that were dark and scary.

hubby & i ordered a drink with a glow cube in it after arrival. each kid was given a glow cube to hold on rides that they thought were too scary. my daughter used it as a night light. my son kept his and clicked the button on when he was afraid. when i saw the little light, it clued me in that he was nervous so i could reassure him.

once in a while mcdonalds has a crappy little toy that lights up the same way. the battery doesnt last long, but if you use it for something like this, it makes the kid feel better and its junk you'd have around anyway.

Callalily6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 08:51 PM   #747
lori1043
Where IS that EASY button advertised on TV? Gold ribbons for childhood cancer awareness

Thank you! I got them. I found the over the door show thing at Dollar Tree(a different one) and my hubby got 2 pop up hampers at walmart for $4 each. Not the Dollar ones, but these will last longer.

One thing I am so happy to have done- gotten my kids hair done at the barbar shop on Maint St. $7.50 per kid plus a small tip and they were set! Just remember it is a MESS that night! Mickey sparkles everywhere!

Lori
2/10- moved there! 9/09-Birthday trip to ASsports, 9/08-evacuation 2 day suprise to Asmovies, 2/08-Celebrate Life extended trip at Pop, 3/07-DISNEYLAND without kids, 1/03-POR for half marathon by myself, 2/05-ASmovies with my family, 10/03-ASsports with my family, 3/02-GKTW with Make a Wish, 3/95-SoG before kids, '86-FW at 16, when I fell in love with the the art, movies and parks!

Old 08-30-2009, 11:26 PM   #748
MadilynnsMomma
...first star to the right, and straight on til morning...

YAY! I FINALLY finished reading through this EXCELLENT thread!!!

My tip, it has been stated - but a long while back, is to get the temporary tattoos or wristbands with your cell info on them. I plan to do this for our upcoming trip in Dec!

Wristbands - $21 for 30

Tattoos - $19.95 for 24 to 30

More wristbands - $11.50 for 12
Girls Trip Round Two - September 2012 - Pop Century Resort / Introducing Oli to the Magic - February 2015 - Pop Century Resort

MadilynnsMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:48 AM   #749
lori1043

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadilynnsMomma View Post
YAY! I FINALLY finished reading through this EXCELLENT thread!!!

My tip, it has been stated - but a long while back, is to get the temporary tattoos or wristbands with your cell info on them. I plan to do this for our upcoming trip in Dec!

Wristbands - $21 for 30

Tattoos - $19.95 for 24 to 30

More wristbands - $11.50 for 12
I purchase the personalized rubber bracelets from Shanrene. They were right under $20 for 4 of them including S&H.

I do like the tatto idea though!

Lori

Old 08-31-2009, 12:54 PM   #750
jessrose18
ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

targets dollar isle had the over the door organizers for 2.50, even had a lime green one w/ built in hanger! Just bought one today.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: