Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2007, 08:00 AM   #301
Boncho
DIS Veteran

I don't know about anyone else, but I always come home thinking -'I wish I had bought that (whatever it was). Well, after you get home you can still buy things you wish you had bought while you were there. All you have to do is phone Disney mail order merchandise - 1-407-363-6200. If you give them a good enough description of the item, they can find it and send it to you and just put it on your credit card. The amount you have to pay for freight depends on how much your item costs.

Last edited by Boncho; 05-23-2007 at 07:38 AM.
Boncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 04:13 PM   #302
FBandA
How do I get to go back again?

Thanks for the info I did not know you could do this. There is always stuff that I wish I bought.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-23-2007, 10:06 PM   #303
tiberius
DIS Veteran

Oh, there are so many, but here are my favorites.

Tried a character meal before park opening.
Stayed onsite.
Used a towncar service.
Learned about Fastpass before I went.
Stayed at a DVC resort.
Went to Disney outlet stores.
Ate at Rose and Crown and saw IllumiNations up close.

My favorite was to try the old E-Ride Nights!

Sometimes you gotta to create what you want to be a part of. -- Allison Maloney (1988 - 2009)
tiberius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 12:15 PM   #304
steph-in-ky
Lifestyle photographer

I just go back from my trip and had the best time EVER at WDW. The give all the credit to TGM. I used all his advice and secret tips and let me tell you it made a world of difference. This was also the first time we stayed on site and we LOVED Pop Century. The buses were a little slow and crowded at night especially but it was worth it to not have to drive.

We had been to WDW about 4 times before and never got to ride everything we wanted. This time after using TGM's best park days and touring plans we rode EVERY ride more than once and most of them we walked right on without waiting in lines.

So based on my trip I recommend the following:

1. Use TGM
2. The 8:15 character breakfast at Crystal Palace was awesome!!!
3. Use fast pass as much as possible
4. Stay on site (I had great experience with Pop Century)
5. Wispering Canyon @ Wilderness Lodge is a riot & a very good breakfast.
6. You must stay for all the nightly fireworks/shows
7. Experience Splash Mtn. & Big Thunder Railroad in the dark (wonderful)
8. Crock Athens worked great for all 7 days in the parks (no blisters)
9. Overland Donner bag was perfect for carrying around what I needed
10. Take advantage of Photopass (they will take pics with your camera also)
11. Typhoon Lagoon is an awesome water park- loved it
12. Flame Tree BBQ at Animal Kingdom- try the chicken (yummo)
13. Get a refillable mug because it is so worth the money

Okay thats all I've got for now, hope that helps someone.
steph-in-ky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 08:20 PM   #305
meliahz
I've earned my ears! . . . I'm now a Mouseketeer!!!

Everyone's giving such good advice. I've learned A LOT from this thread!
meliahz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 04:22 PM   #306
greenmickeyfanatic
Swiping my Mickey Heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsayDunn228 View Post
Who or what is TCM??
It isn't TCM it is TGM and it stands for tour guide mike. wow that sounded really stuck-up im sorry it sounded that way!

I was most like pooh bear!!!!
greenmickeyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 08:27 PM   #307
CanadaPT
Mouseketeer

Renting car...

This has been one of our secret tips for so long I'm afraid to let the cat out of the bag... but if you fly into Orlando Airport (MCO) and you are getting a rental car, instead of waiting for your luggage which usually takes 15-20 minutes, go downstairs and get your rental car secured. Then once you complete that and come upstairs you're luggage will have arrived and you're ready to go! Of course, to make it even faster, subscribe to the FREE services that most rental car companies have that allow you to skip waiting in line and walk right up to the car rental booth to get your keys!
CanadaPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 12:03 AM   #308
PeggyPup
Future Pluto

I've only been to a park once...but for the folks who LOVE meeting the characters(and who aren't too dissapointed about missing the MK fireworks)...

Right when the MK fireworks started, we went to ToonTown to see if we could get a decent line for the Princesses, because Mickey's Judge Tent was closed...but when we got in, we saw that they had just moved mickey into the normal area. And since everyone was outside watching the fireworks, there was No. Line. Nobody in front, nobody in back....we literally got about 20 minutes of Mickey Mouse all to ourselves(we danced, talked, and took TONS of pictures). And when we got out, people were just starting to get back from the fireworks, so the line for the princesses was only about 5 minutes, and there was no real rush when meeting them.

I'm the Future Pluto--just the right height.
PeggyPup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 07:34 AM   #309
arielsleepingbeauty
I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaPT View Post
This has been one of our secret tips for so long I'm afraid to let the cat out of the bag... but if you fly into Orlando Airport (MCO) and you are getting a rental car, instead of waiting for your luggage which usually takes 15-20 minutes, go downstairs and get your rental car secured. Then once you complete that and come upstairs you're luggage will have arrived and you're ready to go! Of course, to make it even faster, subscribe to the FREE services that most rental car companies have that allow you to skip waiting in line and walk right up to the car rental booth to get your keys!
I did something simiar. I had my mom and 7 year old DD wait for our luggage and I went with my other DD to go through the rental car line. Either i would finish first and go up to meet her or she and my DD could each pull a suitcase to us. We ended up meeting somewhere in the middle. It saved us at least a half hour bcause after I checked in for my rental car, the line was huge.
1978 - 1988 offsite , 1989, 1990 CBR, 1992-1994 offsite, 2002, 2003, 2004 All-Star Movies, 2006 Pop Century, 2007 POR, 2008 Pop Century, 2009 All Star Movies, 2010 Pop Century, 2011 All Star Music, May 2012 Yacht Club, Aug 2012 All Star Music, August 2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge Villa, 2014 Wilderness Lodge
arielsleepingbeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 07:44 AM   #310
LindsayDunn228
Quite a hunk of man, isn't he???
I laughed myself silly ... during the dancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmickeyfanatic View Post
It isn't TCM it is TGM and it stands for tour guide mike. wow that sounded really stuck-up im sorry it sounded that way!
I know what Tour Guide Mike is. It was posted TCM a few different times and I couldn't figure that one out.
LindsayDunn228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 09:26 AM   #311
poohspals
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmiller View Post
-The polaroid picture every morning ( It came in handy when my older boy got lost, I panic and could not tell the castmember what my son was wearing until I remember the picture in my bag)
That is a great tip. Especially in the wake of Madeleine McCanns abduction. I am paranoid about losing my girls now
Old 05-28-2007, 09:33 AM   #312
Mkrop
I just cant go on demand
Hi my name is Mkop and I am a cart leaver!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohspals View Post
That is a great tip. Especially in the wake of Madeleine McCanns abduction. I am paranoid about losing my girls now
You can also do this with either your digital or camera phone as well if you will have these with you already.

On a couple days I dressed my boys "alike" not the same but one day they both wore old Disney shirts, another day Phillies shirts, and another day Phila Eagles shirts. I thought DS9 might give me hard time but he got a lot of attention so he liked it.

So maybe you can do something like that, even just a color day. Both wearing purple but say one plain and one with stripes if they dont like matching.
June 2008 Contemporary
Dec 2008 Boardwalk Inn
June 2009 Disneyland Hotel and DCA
Jan 2010 DVC Boardwalk Villas
Dec 2010 DVC BLT
July-Aug 2011 Disneyland Park Vue Inn
Dec 2011 DVC BW
July 2012 DVC BC
Dec 2013 DVC AKL/BW
Aug 2014 DVC DCA
Mkrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 09:56 AM   #313
PEANUT1
You can Fly!

I like the idea of taking daily pictures for safety,
but not to be mean or blame the parents of Madeleine McCanns in any way, if you don't leave your kids alone in their room.....no one can take them. You can't really compare losing a child in a park and having your child taken in the night. I feel terrible for that family and the guilt that they must be feeling for leaving the kids alone. I must say that it must be a cultural thing, bc if that happened in the US, the media would be tearing those parents to shreads.

sorry to get off topic.
Old 05-28-2007, 12:02 PM   #314
disneyred
DIS Veteran

any tips on how the leave the parks after the fireworks ??
better to leave right before it finishes to avoid crowds on the buses
going back to resorts.. or just wait it out ??

thanks !
disneyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 12:17 PM   #315
arielsleepingbeauty
I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyred View Post
any tips on how the leave the parks after the fireworks ??
better to leave right before it finishes to avoid crowds on the buses
going back to resorts.. or just wait it out ??

thanks !
Don't miss it and don't leave early. It's part of the magic.
After WiSHEs, we take our time. We go into the gift shops then instead of taking time out of our day to check it out. We wait for the majority of people to leave before we head out. I am short so standing shoulder to shoulder with people makes me clausterphobic because everyone is taller than me. I feel like i can't breathe.
1978 - 1988 offsite , 1989, 1990 CBR, 1992-1994 offsite, 2002, 2003, 2004 All-Star Movies, 2006 Pop Century, 2007 POR, 2008 Pop Century, 2009 All Star Movies, 2010 Pop Century, 2011 All Star Music, May 2012 Yacht Club, Aug 2012 All Star Music, August 2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge Villa, 2014 Wilderness Lodge
arielsleepingbeauty is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: